Please help me decide between imageline Harmor or Toxic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Harmor Sytrus Toxic Biohazard Toxic III

Hi All

If you could choose between Harmor and Toxic Biohazard what would you choose and why? Is there any place i can buy Toxic Biohard cheaper than off the image line website?

Much Appreciated!!

Regards
The notes you don't play creates the silent gaps for you to hear the notes you do play :phones:

TB4C wrote:Is there any place i can buy Toxic Biohard cheaper than off the image line website?
Your one day late, in the second-hand charity I think a new licencse for Toxic BH got sold for $10 yesterday, lucky winner :o

EDIT, No I see now that it went for $45, but still a great price for such a good plug :tu:

Actually it's apple and orange. Toxic and sytrus is still close but this one isn't.

Harmor is additive synthesis, while toxic is fm. Of course they have other editing capability added.

So for me it depends on which synthesis you're familiar or want to learn with.
musisikamar.com

I like Harmor; Toxic Bio...not so much (agreed though, they've very different synths). However I love Toxic 2 ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Musician Friend also have had quite a few sales on the boxed version of Toxic BH, costing just $39.

They might do a sale again?

I don't particularly like either of them. I have Toxic but I never use it. Harmor is fairly confusing; once in a while I'll use Harmless but it's not in my top ten.

My favorite IL synth is actually Ogun -- it's not a bread and butter synth by any means, but it sounds fairly unique.

Morphine is decent too, for additive with a different feel from others.

Toxic is kind of long in the tooth, but I still like it. I really like how it sits inside a decent reverb. Especially if you can find a good price, it might be one to consider.

Harmor is a bit more involved to program, but it also has a nice big sound. Of the two, I think it might give you a broader palette to explore over the longer run and you can also mess around with e.g. the picture into sound stuff.

Hard to say in terms of FM vs. additive.

In terms of sales... MF most likely will have it on sale again. Just have to keep an eye out and watch their daily/hourly specials as well (that is, if you have the time for that sort of thing!).

I should add that Image Line is also sold by AudioDeluxe. I've found that they tend to have some decent prices, but you will have to set up an account with them to get even better (sometimes) than what's posted here:

http://audiodeluxe.com/search/apachesol ... age%20line

Also JRRShop has good prices.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

DAMN INTERNET CONNECTION! :x

DOUBLE POST...
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's if you would ask: "Should I buy a t-shirt or jeans?"

As said, Toxic is a subtractive synth with FM and Harmor is an additive synth.

I have both of them.

Toxic is especially good for leads, keys, bass and metallic sounds (for FM stuff) while Harmor is great for deep pads and atmospheres.

Harmor is pretty complicate to program, Toxic is much easier...

I own both and like Harmor more.

This small track I produced completely with Harmor (except drums).
https://soundcloud.com/52degree/frank-arnold-harmor

Harmor features are great, but presets are very poor, almost all trying to do substractive stuff. It desperately needs a patch bank that shows it's true potential.
dedication to flying

:oops:
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmor shines IMO for all kind of pluck and unison sounds, because it's very easy to program (you have a own "pluck" knob so it don't needs some mapping of a filter envelope etc). Not to mention that (IMO all IL synth) having this a bit darker/analog sound.

Such sounds can be created in a very, very short time (it needs a minute or so for this sound). A bit automation of the "pluck" parameter and it gives a very interesting bass/arp sound: Harmor Pluck (not mixed)

4damind wrote:Harmor shines IMO for all kind of pluck and unison sounds, because it's very easy to program (you have a own "pluck" knob so it don't needs some mapping of a filter envelope etc). Not to mention that (IMO all IL synth) having this a bit darker/analog sound.

Such sounds can be created in a very, very short time (it needs a minute or so for this sound). A bit automation of the "pluck" parameter and it gives a very interesting bass/arp sound: Harmor Pluck (not mixed)
That's interesting...

For arps & plucks I would rather have used Toxic than Morphine... I never thought about making these kind of sounds with Morphine...

We have Harmor on a special secret sale (only 4 available) when you enter coupon code "Harmor59":

http://www.jrrshop.com/image-line-harmo ... ad-license

We also have a few Toxic Biohazard's in stock that I could sell for $39. Personally, I prefer Harmor, it just sounds better to me.

Return to “Instruments”