random noises, broken electronics, almost ambient

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.fairlyconfusing.net/audio/Sz ... _there.mp3

http://soundcloud.com/fairlyconfused/sz ... even-there

I was after Pink Floyd meets Skillrex meet Lady Gaga meet Frank Sinatra kind of sound, but something went wrong somwhere. I blame facebook. Phosphor, Relectro, Absynth, Nitro, Mux VST, TH2, Time Freezer and RP delay were all unfortunate witnesses of this failure.

:tu:

No offense, but sometimes it isn't that bad for something to go wrong.

Unless you were just pulling my leg, of course. :x :hihi:

Repackage and re-classify. I thought parts of it sounded like the Sylvian/Czukay collabs. Other parts reminded me of Tangerine Dream with Tuvan vocals. Nicely recorded and good sound choices.

Good work :)

THAT is just too F'n COOL!!!

seismic1 wrote:Repackage and re-classify.
What "genre" would one use for this? I am doing a bunch of (generative) *ambient-SciFi* (ish) type stuff, and have mixed feelings about how to "classify" a lot of it.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Nice stuff!
Some seriously awesome sounds in there!

Cheers
Dennis

rp314 wrote:Unless you were just pulling my leg
Nah, I was pulling my hair. Over and out.
Yes, the sad necessity to tag and classify. It's so confusing.

a snoring vapourizer with sympathetic eyes :tu:
"It dreamed itself along"

Nicely done. Interesting collection of sounds placed beautifully in the mix and in time. Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

This is really cool. It makes me think of those old pioneering sci-fi scores like Forbidden Planet.

Shabdahbriah wrote:THAT is just too F'n COOL!!!

What "genre" would one use for this? I am doing a bunch of (generative) *ambient-SciFi* (ish) type stuff, and have mixed feelings about how to "classify" a lot of it.
I would call it experimental. But that's not particularly helpful. In fact it's unhealthy. ZQ would have to take up pipe-smoking.

seismic1 wrote:I would call it experimental.
Although I use this tag sometimes, I think it degenerated beyond usability. I remember in mid 90's I was quite confused when a guy in college was giving me a speech on how experimental and avantgarde newest U2 album is. Today it appears, more than half of all electronic output is labeled experimental. Or maybe I have a twisted view on this.
seismic1 wrote:to take up pipe-smoking.
Drug abuse is something that often comes up when someone hears my output. Yet, I was never into intoxication, I guess I must be a kind of Obelix type.

Genres are like pullovers. When they have been worn by many people, they lose their shape and importantly, their ability to function. They may even begin to smell a little :wink:

music like this doesn't need genres - it just is.

i really enjoyed this. a great atmosphere to ease me in to wakefulness on this damp tuesday morning.

neil.

Return to “Music Cafe”