---

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huge ! :shock:

budweiser wrote:Huge ! :shock:
I assume you're speaking of its list price there. :hihi:
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

Sounds splendid!

EvilDragon wrote:Sounds splendid!
Agreed. Sounds to me like they're kind of going for the EastWest Stormdrum Market, which is nice for those of us that have wanted it, but not the iLok. Nice to see NI trying to improve their sample libraries this way.

I hope these MSRP price points aren't the coming trend though. :(
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

EvilDragon wrote:Sounds splendid!
Indeed. I am constantly amazed with how far one can go in designing instrument inside of Kontakt. That amazement goes for your Kontakt instrument programming as well :)

awesome sounding wish they would also do a knock off of RA, Silk and Gypsy maybe FAB4 and Voices of Passion. I will probably end up getting the complete composers collection from them anyway but more is better right?

I doubt I'd even look back at this page with that price.

yessongs wrote:awesome sounding wish they would also do a knock off of RA, Silk and Gypsy maybe FAB4 and Voices of Passion. I will probably end up getting the complete composers collection from them anyway but more is better right?
+1 on RA & SILK. These are the only ones I really ever wanted from EastWest.
It would be nice to see a NI version of these (Although EthnoWorld 5 is made for Kontakt too).

More is more, but not always better, in fact, it can make everything come out as less and worse.

robojam wrote:I doubt I'd even look back at this page with that price.
Yes, € 299 is a lot money in these days. But we have to remember that this is in line with the well-known NI pricing policy: those who want (and can) grab the product just when its launched, have to pay "the full price". We others have to wait Ultimate etc. sales. Developing this kind of major product can't be cheap - what is the "correct" price for the software (?), depends on the supply/demand. NI is (at the moment) one of the kings on the hill, they can tolerate recession without reducing too much prices. H.

BBFG# wrote:
:hihi: Nope. The sound is awsome, those taiko are bigger than life !

it's like this: let's take Cinesamples Drums of War. 1 GB, 99 dollars. This thing, 3GB, 299.

budweiser wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
:hihi: Nope. The sound is awsome, those taiko are bigger than life !
As usual though, the Demo tracks really don't do it justice and the drums in each don't sound different enough from each other to make me feel like I'm getting anything huge, It's only in going through the instrument list that I get a better idea of what it has.

Still, the price does NOT put it at the top of my Kontakt wish list. I would have to put it only slightly higher than those reverse sample libraries. Maybe during a 50% off sale...

Yeah, if NI's sales were based on their demos, they would have already gone bankrupt... :hihi:

jancivil wrote:it's like this: let's take Cinesamples Drums of War. 1 GB, 99 dollars. This thing, 3GB, 299.
It's not quite like that - AS does a lot more than DoW...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”