Diva 1.3.0b4 (r2033)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zvenx wrote:Is the vst 2 version giving you better timing?
rsp
I'll check at some point.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

◾adds a BP mode for the middle position of Uhbie Shape parameter

Not sure if I understand this bit how does one use it Uhbie filter controls look the same as before.

Kaboom75 wrote:◾adds a BP mode for the middle position of Uhbie Shape parameter

Not sure if I understand this bit how does one use it Uhbie filter controls look the same as before.
The final UI design will make it clear :)

Kaboom75 wrote:◾adds a BP mode for the middle position of Uhbie Shape parameter

The filter shape parameter on the Uhbie filter goes from LP <-> Notch <-> HP

The switch changes the Notch (BR) to BandPass (BP)

So put the switch to BP and the shape parameter becomes LP <-> BP <-> HP

Ah I was trying to put the switch to the middle thinking there was a setting there. Thanks

Hi - might be a bug:
In the Diva browser, if i say "create new folder" and press "Cancel" in the following dialog, a folder with the name "new" gets created where i would expect the entire action to be aborted.

hansiwalker wrote:Hi - might be a bug:
In the Diva browser, if i say "create new folder" and press "Cancel" in the following dialog, a folder with the name "new" gets created where i would expect the entire action to be aborted.
It's already on the to-do list. :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

ThomasA wrote:I get some timing-issues in Ableton Live (perhaps also other hosts?). I think perhaps it has to do with latency-compensation.

To reproduce:

Set your soundcard latency pretty high (like 20ms or something) and make some some rythmic pattern with Diva.

Then, switch on the metronome - it seems now that the Diva is just a little ahead of the metronome on each beat.
What exactly do you mean by "rythmic pattern"? Is this an Arpeggio, is this a LFO modulation or is it a MIDI sequence played from the host's timeline?

Urs wrote:What exactly do you mean by "rythmic pattern"? Is this an Arpeggio, is this a LFO modulation or is it a MIDI sequence played from the host's timeline?
Sorry for being unclear. I just mean a regular midi-sequence played from the host's timeline.

It's just easier to hear the timing-issues with some sort of rythmic content, like a bass-line, rather than something like a pad (obviously).

ThomasA wrote:
Urs wrote:What exactly do you mean by "rythmic pattern"? Is this an Arpeggio, is this a LFO modulation or is it a MIDI sequence played from the host's timeline?
Sorry for being unclear. I just mean a regular midi-sequence played from the host's timeline.

It's just easier to hear the timing-issues with some sort of rythmic content, like a bass-line, rather than something like a pad (obviously).
Ok... thing is, I did some really extensive tests, sending MIDI NoteOns thousands of samples ahead of time, and their timing was immaculate.

Can you send us a project file to support at u-he dot com and maybe an exact setting of your buffer size?

I tested that yesterday, playing back MIDI tracks with perfectly quantised 1/4 notes through Diva in Reaper, Cubase, Live. I changed the Buffer sizes up and down between 128 and 4096, with latencies from 3ms up to over 30ms.

Could not spot any timing issues at all, perfectly "in click" with the various metronomes. :shrug:
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

ThomasA wrote:I get some timing-issues in Ableton Live (perhaps also other hosts?). I think perhaps it has to do with latency-compensation.

To reproduce:

Set your soundcard latency pretty high (like 20ms or something) and make some some rythmic pattern with Diva.

Then, switch on the metronome - it seems now that the Diva is just a little ahead of the metronome on each beat.
Did you remember to swith on latency compensation in the menu?

Is there any way to implement noise as an LFO waveform? Diva is really great but i am missing this feature a lot.
I love to modulate osc and filters with noise.
Thanks

#rob wrote:I tested that yesterday, playing back MIDI tracks with perfectly quantised 1/4 notes through Diva in Reaper, Cubase, Live. I changed the Buffer sizes up and down between 128 and 4096, with latencies from 3ms up to over 30ms.

Could not spot any timing issues at all, perfectly "in click" with the various metronomes. :shrug:
Thanks for testing!

Perhaps there's some kind of strange behavior in my system here. I tested it again just now, and what I'm hearing really seems to be some kind of drift in the timing. I just made midi-pattern (ableton 9.0.4) with a lot of 16th notes, and some notes where bang on, but others not so much.

Then I switched to another synth (keeping the same midi-data), and the problem went away. I have no idea what causes this, but I will try again on another computer some day and see if the problem persists. I will try to send you the project file if so.

remember, some timing problems only appaer in certain BPM's

Return to “u-he”