Bug Friday - win & suffer with u-he!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For once in my life I wanted a bug. In the Console Messages, which was behind the Satin.log, I had several meassages that said, "Bug: launchd_core_logic.c:4139 (24498):13", or similar. No "Bug Friday" seen anywhere. Most likely a false alarm. Mac OSX 10.6.8, Cubase LE4

Is it easiest to wait for the next version of Satin to get rid of, or overwrite this unique version?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Sorry...no bugs here

Everything seems OK with Satin here.

In Reaper, it would occasionally set all my audio offline until I manually set it online again, but no "Bug Friday" in the log.

vicnest wrote:Can't reproduce under Reaper 4.

Any proof other than the bug report?
The Satin.log file from your desktop will have all the proof we need :)

OK

I'm on 9550. Win 7 home 64. 128 samples (3ms) latency (my default)

Cubase 6.55

Loaded an empty project (as my Default is inhabited by 10 plugs consisting of reverb\chorus\delay\nebula etc)

Created 20 empty audio tracks.

Loaded them with a simple loop.

Turned down the audios to -36dB.

Started instantiating SATIN (NOT by alt\copying - rather by loading them one by one).

Upon reaching the seventh or eighth instance - the CPU is 100% (it started stuttering on the fifth if I'm not mistaken).

I could further instantiate each of the 20 - audio does not mute. it just "stops to grasp some air" right after every loop iteration...

No sign of "Friday Bug" (so, no plug for me :cry:)

Hope it helps...

Do you still need the LOG file ?

Urs wrote:
vicnest wrote:Can't reproduce under Reaper 4.

Any proof other than the bug report?
The Satin.log file from your desktop will have all the proof we need :)
Bug report could be wrongly reported with temporary problematic operation system.

Tp3 wrote:Do you still need the LOG file ?
A few won't hurt - we also added some code that may hint at working fixes 8)

Urs wrote:
Tp3 wrote:Do you still need the LOG file ?
A few won't hurt - we also added some code that may hint at working fixes 8)
Sent to : support at u-he.com

A.

nothing from my side as well with fl studio 11, one question, how can i uninstall it? Satin doesnt show up in deinstallation options in win7.

Caine123 wrote:nothing from my side as well with fl studio 11, one question, how can i uninstall it? Satin doesnt show up in deinstallation options in win7.
delete Satin.dll (in all Vstplugins folders you installed it in) and Satin.data directory :)

(we've planned uninstallers btw. now that we support gazillions of formats)

No crashbug in Cubase 7.06x64vst3 in windows8.1

Going to try hard...reached 20 with automation and lots of tweaking.

Failed :) which is good news for uhe ... damn the black stuff

Update Cakewalk SonarX2Prox64 Win 8.1 25 instances with delays of varing sorts and automation all good...No black Friday. Must say Sonar handled everything better than Cubase on this test.

Satin one amazing delay on vocals...Buzka x

Fun game. Unfortunately (for me I suppose) I lost. I had 5 random synthesizers and 15 loops with some random effects running into 20 test-satins, added some automation, yet couldn't make it not work. Got some funny demo-crackle symphony though. Throttled almost 90% CPU load at 48kHz, 128 sample buffer, but it was still all smooth and responsive, so at least it made me feel good about my setup.

no bug here

anyone trying out different sample rates? ;)

Return to “u-he”