So the controversial Aloysius ... making progress or not?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

codec_spurt wrote:
V0RT3X wrote: Last but not least...
I am not a EDM producer, but I do listen to ALOT. I like the genres and would like to someday produce "crap" like deadmau5, skrillex etc because i think it's a fun style.

I'm up there with Kruder and Dorfmeister and Aphex Twin.
Share your music link?
[Insert Signature Here]

Tricky-Loops wrote:I wouldn't dare to make similar tracks (to sample 30 commercial songs in one song like he did in "Pop Culture"!) because I'd be afraid of being sued and financially ruined forever...
:hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

codec_spurt wrote:Has no one ever heard of Kruder and Dorfmeister? Hate them or love them, they do not make distorted shit. That can not be disputed. Where it is proven fact that these other idiots do.
Kruder & Dorfmeister are great Austrian producers, as good as Blank & Jones from Germany... :love:

bailees7irish wrote:
I'd be willing to bet that you are a very unhappy person. :?
How can you say that with a straight face?

Whether you agree or disagree with what he is saying?

Do you even know how many levels of unhapiness there are?
Have you ever known it?
To what level?

Very immature thing to say.
Live on this earth a thousand years.
Learn what unhappiness is.
Then still make your comment.

What does unhappiness have to do with a general music discussion anyway such as we are having?

You are only one step away from calling people fat or skinny.

Tricky-Loops wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:Has no one ever heard of Kruder and Dorfmeister? Hate them or love them, they do not make distorted shit. That can not be disputed. Where it is proven fact that these other idiots do.
Kruder & Dorfmeister are great Austrian producers, as good as Blank & Jones from Germany... :love:

Viennese producers. Get it right. That shit is important to them arrogant assholes.

I love their music, but, you know, they really do think they are something special. Coz they are.

I'm inferior and I know it.

They area cut above, and they will never let you forget it.

Hey, have you heard that German joke about Austrian people? It's a classic.

codec_spurt wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:

Have you ever known it?
To what level?

What does unhappiness have to do with a general music discussion anyway such as we are having?

I see people by their attitudes and their actions, not by what they look like.
[Insert Signature Here]

And again: if you're up there with Aphex and the like, I would love to hear.
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:While I don't hear anything particularly special about the Aloysius track, it is a decent track coming from a bedroom producer who's starting out.
Seriously,the negativity in this forum is both amusing and sad. There's some sour, curmudgeonly people in this thread alone... You're past your primes, your dreams will never come true, blah blah blah...get over it and move on.
I also agree with you about the negativity here.

But, if you think that track is anything other than to be ridiculed, then you are part of the problem.

I want nothing to do with you musically because you have hearing damage.

I'm sure you are heartbroken by this, but, you know..

A decent track?

He has squashed the f**king dog piss out of it. Are you honestly telling me you could listen to that at high volume for ten minutes. I bet you couldn't.

I just made a track - 10 minutes long. I can't blast it at high enought volume. And it never hurts my ears. It is sweet like nectar. Never loud enough. Push it as far as your speakers/headphones dare.

You could not do that with that track. NO way. A decent track?

You might make music. Your music might even be good. But some of us here are producers. We make music to be listened to.

That shit is off the f**king scale.

codec_spurt wrote:He has squashed the f**king dog piss out of it. Are you honestly telling me you could listen to that at high volume for ten minutes.

Yah it definitely is squashed, i couldn't even finish listening to the track. I actually wrote a huge post regarding the dynamics but then thought "f**k it" and just posted that madeon comment instead lol
:borg:

bailees7irish wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:
V0RT3X wrote: Last but not least...
I am not a EDM producer, but I do listen to ALOT. I like the genres and would like to someday produce "crap" like deadmau5, skrillex etc because i think it's a fun style.

I'm up there with Kruder and Dorfmeister and Aphex Twin.
Share your music link?
It's all over the place.

And you know. I might talk loud and stuff, but I wouldn't want to set myself up for a fall.

At the end of the day, you are not really interested in my music, and that is ok, so please excuse me for not sharing it with you.

And by all means think of me as a blow hard and think less of me. I would.

But then again, in the morning, or the next time I blow all hard, send me a PM and I will indeed send you links to my stuff.

For now, just think of it as me trying to prove a point, which was not how wonderful I am, but how piss poor everyone else is.

I mean, you have heard their music right? You said you did and you thought it was ok.

Really. Hearing damage.

You might take this personally and I don't mean it to be bailleys. I think you are a good bloke even though you plough your own furrow and you are a bit unpopular on kvr. I like you and respect you.

That shit is distorted. Beyond belief. To buggery. There is no debate here. If you can not tell that, then you need to go back to the beginning of your game and learn it all again.

PM me. I'm receptive and not nearly so rude in real life.

:-)

bailees7irish wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:

Have you ever known it?
To what level?

I see people by their attitudes and their actions, not by what they look like.
Fair point.

At least you are consistent.

You have your own mind set and know what you like or don't like.

I just don't see what it adds to the mix whether someone is happy or not.
I am pretty unhappy most days, but I can bring something to the table.

Some of my most unhappy times have been others great fortune.

Would someone who is successful in life with a wife and kids and lots of friends take the time to do some of the shit I have done? I doubt it.

But I don't walk about in self pity. And I defend those that might be unhappy.

Are you really glowing your self? Not that that has anything to do with the question, and it is really unfair of me to ask.

See the point I am trying to make?

codec_spurt wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:While I don't hear anything particularly special about the Aloysius track, it is a decent track coming from a bedroom producer who's starting out.
Seriously,the negativity in this forum is both amusing and sad. There's some sour, curmudgeonly people in this thread alone... You're past your primes, your dreams will never come true, blah blah blah...get over it and move on.
I also agree with you about the negativity here.

But, if you think that track is anything other than to be ridiculed, then you are part of the problem.

I want nothing to do with you musically because you have hearing damage.

I'm sure you are heartbroken by this, but, you know..

A decent track?

He has squashed the f**king dog piss out of it. Are you honestly telling me you could listen to that at high volume for ten minutes. I bet you couldn't.

I just made a track - 10 minutes long. I can't blast it at high enought volume. And it never hurts my ears. It is sweet like nectar. Never loud enough. Push it as far as your speakers/headphones dare.

You could not do that with that track. NO way. A decent track?

You might make music. Your music might even be good. But some of us here are producers. We make music to be listened to.

That shit is off the f**king scale.
Did I say it was mixed like a pro? Don't remember saying that. I said it was decent. Decent is all relative. My "decent" may (obviously) be your "shit", and vice versa. I'm sure your own music is exceptional to you, but I'm guessing it would be another subject of which we would not share the same opinion. :hihi:

As far as me being part of the problem: I think you have it backwards, my friend. ;) This post of yours that I'm responding to reeks of negativity - and superiority - both of which really has no place here. You want to knock the guys mix when HE didn't ask for feedback? Someone else volunteered his music to be acknowledged and picked apart. That's just a dick move on your part. If you had offered constructive criticism, that'd have been one thing, but your "my s__t doesn't stink" attitude belongs somewhere else.
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:And again: if you're up there with Aphex and the like, I would love to hear.

And again. I don't need your approval.

Just think me a deluded old fool. A right old bullshitter. That's me.

I don't know you. Why would I give my music to you in an argument?

Your opinion means less than nothing to me.

Do you really think I am going to give you the ammunition?

Like you are going to turn around and say:
Oh Codec, I was wrong, you are musical genius. Your music is like little pearly dew drops that form in morning when I take another day and I am thankful for this world, for my health, for my family's health. You encapsulate everything that is good about being alive. deadhaus is crap..

See what I mean?

Not onto a winner am I?

But thanks for your concern.

I said it before, I say it again.

PM me. I will give you music that will blow your f**king mind. I can back my bullshit up. Just ask me and I'll give you the best of what I have. If you think it is crap, then that is ok too. Then you will have proved that I am a deluded old fool.

But what you gonna do when I ask you for some of your shit?

:-)

After listening to "Orange Juice" I still like Madeon's music much more - there's too much distortion/clipping in "Orange Juice"... The bridges are a bit better but these distorted guitars with distorted hi-hats with distorted noise risers/sweeps are making my ears bleed... :help:

With less clipping/compressing/limiting the track might be better...

codec_spurt wrote: Are you really glowing your self?
Not really, but I also didn't come into the thread taking aim at some kids that really didn't deserve to be dumped on. I stick up for the underdog and I always will. :nutter:
[Insert Signature Here]

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”