Anyone else tempted by the Audio Damage sale?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got Mangleverb. It's really kind of a specialized tool, but it does what it does exceptionally well. Thick reverb, cool filter with a crunchy drive, modulation, and off we go! In playing with it last night, I discovered that using two instances can lead to some very interesting results.

codec_spurt wrote:How is Ronin so far?
Too early to tell, really. I just fiddled with it for a couple of minutes. It doesn't seem particularly impressing at first sight, but these thing need time to work them out. I remember I was kind of disappointed with Ricochet, even thought of selling it, but after a couple of months it turned out the go to delay.

If I had a plan I probably wouldn't buy it.
Monty Python wrote:Mrs Non-Robinson: Been shopping?
Mrs Robinson: No, ... I've been shopping.
Mrs Non-Robinson: What'd you buy?
Mrs Robinson: A piston engine.
Mrs Non-Robinson: What d'you buy that for?
Mrs Robinson: It was a bargain.

I bought Replicant 1.5 but I still haven't tested it...

I picked up Fluid; it was the last AD plugin on my buy list, got everything else I want.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Tempted, Axon looks interesting, but from past experience I found all their plugins rely on the host for preset management, which unfortunately is not a reliable or consistent approach given the diversity of hosts, some of which use differing formats.

I just couldn't resist taking the plunge on the modulation bundle... thanks for the heads up, OP!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I fought off the temptation all day yesterday and thought the sale was over. I succumbed to Ricochet and Tattoo about 10 minutes ago. Stupid 40% discount. :|
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

jc_vt wrote:I did download, but am new to Axon: where do you store the presets?

Wherever you like. Next to where the other presets were stored would be a good start. But you know, no rules.

I made up a bank (FXB) and I made up individual presets (FXP). Stick 'em where you like.

I even went to the trouble of making up a bank with free presets for you to make your own efforts with.

Hit me up via PM if you still struggle.

:-)

The thing with preset management is to take control. Make up your own directories. Do not submit to where the manufacturers dictate. Have your own box. Stick to it. Cherish it. Honour it.

;-)

Thanks for the heads up. Just picked up Bitcom.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Tricky-Loops wrote:I bought Replicant 1.5 but I still haven't tested it...
Drop it on the drum buss ... messes things up nicely. Its great on melodic stuff too. I use it a lot during the song creation process. :)

Audio Damage rarely has sales, so I try to take advantage whenever they do. Picked up Ronin this time (I already had 4 others...). Ronin is pretty versatile, I find it to be well suited to more subtle filtering and fattening. Mangleverb is next on my list...

thecontrolcentre wrote:AD screwed up my account when they updated their website earlier this year. They lumped some of my plugins into bundles and made others NFR (no reason offered). I have NEVER bought an AD bundle. I wrote to them about it and was told it was my mistake, and I had bought The Studio Bundle second-hand. I did not, and replied showing them reciepts from paypal showing individual purchases. Chris said he would look into it ... and thats the last I heard despite contacting him again when nothing was changed in my account.
I have not had good results with refund. I used Adverb for a long period and had stopped using it in favor of another reverb. I wrote to them and asked for a refund and was refused. The email response was needlessly rude as well. They didn't even offer an alternative. WTFever.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:AD screwed up my account when they updated their website earlier this year. They lumped some of my plugins into bundles and made others NFR (no reason offered). I have NEVER bought an AD bundle. I wrote to them about it and was told it was my mistake, and I had bought The Studio Bundle second-hand. I did not, and replied showing them reciepts from paypal showing individual purchases. Chris said he would look into it ... and thats the last I heard despite contacting him again when nothing was changed in my account.
I have not had good results with refund. I used Adverb for a long period and had stopped using it in favor of another reverb. I wrote to them and asked for a refund and was refused. The email response was needlessly rude as well. They didn't even offer an alternative. WTFever.
"for a long period" - why didn't you sell it instead of asking for a refund? :?:

Integratron wrote:
I will add that I actually have had very good experiences with Audio Damage.

I purchased a plugin from them and requested a refund and they responded quickly with no issues.

I also purchased Mangleverb since it will compliment my music style nicely.

HydrogenHuman wrote:
Integratron wrote:
I will add that I actually have had very good experiences with Audio Damage.

I purchased a plugin from them and requested a refund and they responded quickly with no issues.

I also purchased Mangleverb since it will compliment my music style nicely.

From the Audio Damage website:
2. What if I don't like the product, or it doesn't work for me?
We offer a 100% no-questions-asked return policy for 30 days from your purchase, and you can exchange the plugin for 120 days from purchase. As far as we know, this is the most liberal return policy in the industry, and almost unheard of for software. All you have to do is drop us a line, and we'll get you sorted out.

I have just about every one of their plugins. They wind up on just about every track I make.

Return to “Effects”