Diversion 1.4 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion Diversity 2 for Diversion Diversity for Diversion

I stopped updating Live so I'm still on 8.4.1 but Diversion loads in about 0.5 seconds, Windows 8 x64.
Sounds like something's wrong there.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

well i was wondering if it was something to do with live 9.1 in perticular as they added the dual screen support or if it may have been my ivy-e cpu

its the only plug that i have a issue with but thought id ask if anyone else has any gui freezes

Weird - do you have any other host that you can check in?
If not, a demo version or some free host like savihost maybe?
What kind of graphics card do you have?

Maybe try re-installing the latest version Dmitry posted above?

I'm sure Dmitry will get you sorted :-)
His support is second to none.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Could it be something about accessing the files in "my documents"? If it takes time to load presets i mean.

---

When you record a wav in diversion you get to trim and remove silence. But if you save it and then load it (or close the window and open it again), you don't get that option anymore. Could it be added?

Once it was an awesome synth ... now it's an awesome sampler as well! :D

----

Here's a chord i made. I played a chord with 8x unison and recorded it. Then i played the new sample back with a bassy note and one a little higher for the ziiing. Recorded that and then used that new sample for every oscillator with different filter settings .. Got pretty massive!
It sounds much better played live compared to soundcloud's version :(

http://soundcloud.com/bj-rnlundberg/chord-005-spel
Last edited by Crackbaby on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
:hug:

mindframe, such things may take place when using 32bit plugin in 64bit DAW. Could you please check whether you use 64bit plugin?

Björn, later I'll add those features to the sample editor as well as new ones.

Crackbaby: the place holder for the gui when you first open the synth is white empty box and takes along time to show the gui then if you open the patch browser where it has to do more gui drawing it freezes again. using the synth gui once its open has random little freezes when editing parameters.

this is what happens when i first open the plugin

ThomasHelzle: i tried it in savihost and it dose the same thing i have tried all versions from 122 to 131.

also i updated my graphics card drivers to the latest versions.(even though i wanted to keep the older drivers as newer nvidia drivers interfere with low latency real time audio performance).
along with making sure all the Visual C++ runtime components Redistributable Packages are installed just in case it needed one of the components.

here is system specs if it helps Dmitry find a bug (as i only tryed the demo but thought id report it)

Intel Core i7 4930K Extreme cpu
Asus P9X79 Pro mobo
32GB ram
GeForce GTX 770 gpu
windows 7 pro x64

Well, that looks like one nice system that should open Diversion in a splitsecond.
I hope Dmitry can get you sorted - that's definitely not normal.

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote:Well, that looks like one nice system that should open Diversion in a splitsecond.
I hope Dmitry can get you sorted - that's definitely not normal.

Cheers,

Tom
yer it is a nice system bought it as a treat for my self to keep me occupied since i became disabled last year and am stuck inside the house most of the time.

so now i get to do some music :) after all the life commitments that got in the way before, that made me have to leave it for a good few years.

Sounds like a good plan.
I once read a book where somebody said: "Every gift is an injury and every injury is a gift".
Not always easy to see it that way but I found it a very interesting remark.

Best of luck to you!

Cheers,

Tom

mindframe, could you please check, are you using 64bit version of the plugin? Maybe you run 32bit one...

its the 64bit version that i installed and used as ableton live 9 don't have a bit-bridge so can not use the 32bit one unless i used jbridge

but ill try the 32bit one to see if it as the same problem on my system

edit:
in savihostx86 its doing the same white placeholder box for the gui on opening it
clicking the preset browser icon on the gui same as well plug freezes to draw gui but there is still the white noise playing cause its the demo so its not completely dead.

I'm getting massive noise bursts when playing back a sample in granular mode and then turning the density knob, happens every time, my ears are bleeding. I can only stop it by switching off the oscillator and starting playback in Logic (9.1.8 on OSX 10.6.8). And I can't find a control for sample speed when using granular mode, am I missing something or isn't it implemented? Also having the granular parameters as targets in the Modmatrix would be most welcome.

Of course now Diversion is one of the very few synths which can use samples as modulators or carriers for FM synthesis which makes for some awesome sound design possibilities.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Also having the granular parameters as targets in the Modmatrix would be most welcome.
This can of course be done already via OSC FX modulation, so I wrote too fast. But we do need a sample speed parameter.

My first experiment with the granular engine in Diversion. Modulating a long sample with processed waterphone samples running in granular mode with a synthetic waveform using an imported single cycle via FM. THe grain pitch is modulated via LFO, more filter and stereo and sub-osc modulation is happening as well. The patch runs in unison mode, 3 voices with some detune.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/d ... experiment

Return to “Instruments”