Diversion 1.4 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion Diversity 2 for Diversion Diversity for Diversion

I'd love to see a representation of wavetables in the OSC window. I made a crude mockup -
Diversion-WT_View_Mockup.png
Merry Christmas, and all the best for 2015.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by audiosabre on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Holy Crap! The free Collab preset pack is AMAZING! I love it! :D :D :D

Thank you so much, everyone who was involved. :hug:

I'm a big fan of Diversion although I wish the UI was a little cleaner/less plastic textures/more modern.

In saying that, check out Simon Stockhausen's amazing Diversity patch collections: Diversity 1 & 2. Convinced me to buy the synth along with Dmitry’s factory library. Essential stuff.

http://www.patchpool.de/diversion.html

[EDIT] Great sounds. I just wish the artwork and website design reflected the premium 'best in class' pro-grade nature of your sound design. It's just not to my taste.

Cheers!
Last edited by C.Bennett on Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh really, I already spent thousands in 2014 to reach the current state of the website. The artwork for Diversity might be a bit funky but I personally like a lot of the other pages, but taste is not arguable as we know. Many other users seem to like the website a lot, so your comment leaves me slightly baffled.

audiosabre wrote:I'd love to see a representation of wavetables in the OSC window. I made a crude mockup -
Diversion-WT_View_Mockup.png
Merry Christmas, and all the best for 2015.
Wow, this makes my hands itching, so nice it looks. Hmmmm, I have to think on it... Thanks audiosabre a lot!

As for GUI design, I have few things in mind related to making alternative design for Diversion. I have already some graphics ready for that.

PS, my eye loves Simon's artwork as well :tu:

And don't forget to think about a large edit window for the MSEG similar to the wave editor.

Best wishes and fortune for 2015 Dmitry.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I had just posted a couple of days ago in another thread, asking whether anyone knew if Diversion ever went on sale. I've been wanting it for a while. I happened to check the site just to drool for a second, and alas, a no-brainer price!!

If you've been eyeing Diversion, I suggest that you head on over and take a look as of now (Christmas Eve).

I am now a proud owner. Sweet!

Thank you Dmitry! :tu:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

core wrote:Free Collaboration soundset out + Diversion on sale :tu:
http://www.dmitrysches.com/diversion

Collaboration is a free soundset for all “Diversion” users, a soundset with a bunch of great patches made by some of the world’s best and finest sound designers…

Just bought it!! THANK YOU!!! AWESOME Christmas present to myself!!

:party: :party: :party: :party:

:clap: :tu: :clap: :tu: :clap: :tu:

The Collaboration soundset sounds great too! I'm thrilled to finally own this synth.

freaking awesome. Thanks for the holiday sale!. Thanks a ton!

Sampleconstruct wrote:Oh really, I already spent thousands in 2014 to reach the current state of the website. The artwork for Diversity might be a bit funky but I personally like a lot of the other pages, but taste is not arguable as we know. Many other users seem to like the website a lot, so your comment leaves me slightly baffled.
Oh sorry Simon. Goodness. I wrote that earlier with a few beers in me and in hindsight, it's a little crass. The art isn't to my taste to be honest - but that, of course, doesn't mean everyone won't like it. Apologies. I know you'll have spent money on it and I didn't meant to be disrespectful. I just think it could look a lot better to reflect the quality of your sounds - which are in a class of their own. That's all.

It doesn't help that I'm a designer. I can be overly critical sometimes.

Still love your work. That doesn't change a bit. I edited my post. :hug:

C.Bennett wrote:It doesn't help that I'm a designer. I can be overly critical sometimes.
"Déformation professionnelle" they call it in french. I suffer from it too... ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:
C.Bennett wrote:It doesn't help that I'm a designer. I can be overly critical sometimes.
"Déformation professionnelle" they call it in french. I suffer from it too... ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
Me too, I can hardly watch films anymore with someone else in tha room as I am constantly nagging everyone on the shitty quality of the film score and the sound design :)

No worries, Col - as with most things in life there is no "best" when perception and taste is involved, no best synth, no best graphic design, no best music, no best plugin, no best sex, no best food - there is something like the best water quality or the best air to breathe on this planet, but those are things which can actually be verified scientifically. There are some graphic areas on the patchpool website which were ported over from the former website version and which are much improvable, but I'd rather invest my money into making new sound libraries atm :party:

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Yes, well, could be worse. One could be a software engineer, as I am, that thinks they are a "designer"... as most SEs invariably do, sometimes to their own detriment, and most times to the detriment of others. OK, there are a few out there that can actually pull off both on large scales, but those most special of special persons are usually locked in a room, unleashing artistic madness on the world from secret and secluded locations.

So I took a look at patchpool.de, and let me just counter the criticism with a :tu: vote. The particular blue combined with the classic yellowy orange Paypal sore thumb .. er, I mean "button"... gives it a throwback web aesthetic, despite the modern presentation. Modern + classic = :tu: . The drop menus -- tres cool. Love that effect. I need to steal those. Actually, I will not be disappointed if I never program another web page for the rest of my life. Anyway. My one and only suggestion is the rounded corners on the menus conflict with the simplicity of the rest of the site. Actually, you have some rounded corners on the home page slider nav buttons too, while no rounding most everywhere else. Sorry, couldn't resist. :hihi: Oh, what's that? An actual functional menu that fixes to the top while scrolling? Very nice. The content transitions can get a little busy on some of the heavier pages with lots of content and subsections (in particular, the home page), but is really cool on the lighter pages -- like section tabbing on the individual product pages. Love those fadey transitions. Unnecessary, but very slick and unobtrusive. Overall, I give the site an 8.5 out of 10. :)

Seriously, nice work on the site.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Ha, 8.5 out of 10 - thank´s man that's almost a KVR review - LOL :party: :tu:

High on the todo priority list is to get rid of all the ugly paypal buttons and to establish an internal shop, but that's something for later 2015.

But we are totally derailing this thread now and might all get banned, so I am out of here :phones:

A bump in the road. Anyway. Back on track.

Buy Diversion and buy Simon's amazing sound banks.

Cheers!

Return to “Instruments”