Equavescent equalizer release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shhhhhhh

I am still studying this thing, as of now its amazing...in future it will get more amazing i think.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

, but we now want the AAX version. Please help me generate some public pressure. The manufacturer is already using the juce framework.

This thing has come long way...i urge you to check out the new update.
Everything is improved, this thing sounds amazing...

• The non-damp FIRs of Equavescent can be captured by fft, thus Equavescent has now incorporated ffts to reduce CPU and this is despite the fact that the non-damp impulses are primarily composed of discontinuous Sin[Abs[x]] components. Damp Mode has been removed from the product.
so, the people who were questioning the developer were right, after all.

also, i think i found at least one patent filed by the developer (EDIT: there are a few others as well). it may or may not be related to this equalizer, and i most likely am talking out of my ass here as i'm no DSP expert... but to me, the essence of this patent sounds like oversampling. i'd be interested to hear others' take on this.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I heard some of it but what i don't understand is what was the point of the whole discussion,
who cares of the patents and the techniques involved, this thing sounds amazing.

I have clearly acknowledged in many places I made an assumption based on theory, that did not happen to hold.
The developers were right about one thing. There were many things they were wrong about. Check out the gearslutz mastering forum for an explanation of some technical details.
It was convenient for some of the developers to discredit my other comments about the Beta1 product based on my one previous mistake, especially when some were happy to privately acknowledge that the product had something new to offer as far as equalisers go.

BasariStudios wrote:who cares of the patents and the techniques involved, this thing sounds amazing.
well, i care. i'm curious as to *why* it "sounds amazing". i.e. what are the differences between this and other EQ's, technically speaking. (and by differences i don't mean "what it's made of", but rather "how the end result is different" - so far, it seems to be strange curves).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Beta1 is old news. I am happy enough with the latest update to up the publicity of this product to a new Beta2 post.

Check out the benefits list on this post for "how the end result is different".

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=431990

Return to “Effects”