SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ObiK wrote:
BBFG# wrote:I said I would use IK until it stopped working.
It stopped working... :(
A license transfer question;
Does Total Studio 3 have only one transfer fee for the whole thing?
And does the T-RackS Grand upgrade have a separate fee for it?
Not too sure, I'd contact support to be sure.
As I've mentioned, I've been in contact with support since January on this. My last email was sent to them about six days ago. It seems their new tactic is to just ignore the issue since they can't figure it out. (Peter has the Ticket# BTW).

It's a shame really to have to junk something I like because of this.
But I've literally wasted days in installing/unistalling/rebooting and re-installing; not to mention the 'now over a month' in an email circle.

I'm sure if you asked them about transfer of your products they'd take a quick look directly at your account and answer your question in a short period of time. If you don't ask, that period of time will be quite a bit longer though.

FYI, last time you posted about a ticket they had been waiting on a reply from you for a number of days too as it is a two-way street. As evidenced by this message, I'd say tickets are best and most efficiently handled directly in the ticket and support system instead of here but what do I know?

Edit - Bottom line: Your ticket is not being ignored, nor will I discuss it here going forward. I will relay your dissatisfaction this one last time and I am confident they will handle it to its completion. Thank you.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I'm sure if you asked them about transfer of your products they'd take a quick look directly at your account and answer your question in a short period of time. If you don't ask, that period of time will be quite a bit longer though.
Okay, I just know you've answered those questions here before, which seemed quicker since I basically have to open a new support ticket to ask them.

I do feel the company is suddenly trying to distance themself from my issue rather than resolve it though.

And unfortunately, if the 64bit A3/TRackS crashes on attempts to open, the chances are SampleTank3 will most likely be just as much a problem.

24MTS wrote:So Ben, what is your point then?
just a crazy idea: foremost he's not really satisfied with an update price of $99 for early adopters?.. :roll:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
FYI, last time you posted about a ticket they had been waiting on a reply from you for a number of days too as it is a two-way street. As evidenced by this message, I'd say tickets are best and most efficiently handled directly in the ticket and support system instead of here but what do I know?

Edit - Bottom line: Your ticket is not being ignored, nor will I discuss it here going forward. I will relay your dissatisfaction this one last time and I am confident they will handle it to its completion. Thank you.
That's not true. When I gave you the ticket number, I had been waiting about three days after I sent them a reply with the information I requested.
Unfortunately for you, this seems to be the place where the wheel can squeak best, as each time I do, I get a response from support in just a few minutes after.

And I'm more disappointed than dissatisfied. Which means I'm still giving it every chance I can. If I was completely dissatisfied, I would simply give the product away and never deal with IKM again. And perhaps, IKM will effectively be first by simply not working on particular systems such as mine.
But support says they're working on it now and we'll just have to wait and see for now.
I have no doubt that wheel-squeaking here will keep it on the front burner though as others may be watching to see how it is resolved before they decided on it.

BTW, Because I want Amplitube to work so much, and the fact that these issues are keeping me from joining the latest Amplitube Group Buy, I have asked for a consideration on removing the deadline for me until the issue is decided resolved or unresolvable. That's how much I'm still placing a modicum of faith in IKM.

If you would rather continue this in PM I understand.
But at this point, I feel it is important for me to post the status and hopefully soon a resolution to this.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
kgdrum wrote:quote: "SampleTank 3 will cost 60% of what SampleTank did when released in 2003 and there will be upgrade pricing, including an extra discount for early adopters of SampleTank 2."

What are the actual upgrade prices?
I don't have specific upgrade levels but I have been given the OK to share that it will be range of prices as low as $99.99 (conditions apply).
Will owners of Sonik Synth, Miroslav, Sample Moog, etc. (powered by SampleTank libraries) be eligible for upgrade or crossgrade pricing?

murnau wrote:
just a crazy idea: foremost he's not really satisfied with an update price of $99 for early adopters?.. :roll:
NO, not really. My point was precisely this: in the end of his post Ben says he does not care anymore, anyway. So then what was the point of it?
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

24MTS wrote:
murnau wrote:
NO, not really. My point was precisely this: in the end of his post Ben says he does not care anymore, anyway. So then what was the point of it?

I think he has some fair points. ST3 has been hyped forever with nothing to show for itself but empty and broken promises. Even now we have very little information. I just wish posts like Ben made were more prevalent when I purchased. Of course at that time IK were promoting likely free 64 bit players when ST3 would be released. After the group sales...backtrack time! :hihi: Their download and transfer fees are uncompetitive and outdated, but it is what it is. It took time for IK to piss off a significant amount of its customer base, but now you can't find a ST thread without angry current customers. There's a reason for that. Anyway, if nothing else Ben's words of buyer beware is something any potential IK customer should consider. I know I learned my lesson. Buyer beware!

was it simply a pure bashing over IK, for the fun of it?

I just want to make a sense of whay and why you posted. Thanks.
There was no "pure bashing" or trolling in the tone of my post.
Perhaps you might want to go back and re-read what I wrote.

My whole reason for posting was to share my own thoughts and experiences, having owned IK products for 10 years now. :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Hmmm, hadn't noticed this thread for a while (probably just a time zone thing). Well, 5 more weeks and that's Q1 over..seems still a whole lot of waiting going on. Thankfully Steinberg's recent sale on Halion Sonic has (for me) rendered the ST3 farse irrelevant. (especially since 32 Lives happily lets me run ST2.5 with all the associated libraries).

Q1 is not the official release date time frame - though if we were able to have it out by now, we would. Best to get any current and official information here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... =10&t=7598

You mean this ?
Peter_IK wrote: The only official information we have at this time is as stated above: within mid-year. Thank you.
So now it's by end of June ?

It's a legitimate question that probably won't get answered but what is holding up ST3's release ? The plugin ? The sample content ? The box/printed materials ? All of the above, none of the above ?

Maybe if people knew why the continued delay it would help them be patient since right now the delay just makes iK Multimedia look incompetent.........Sorry. :shrug:

We don't know/we can't tell you/open a support ticket/ oooh look here's a partial screenshot is quite frankly getting really old........ :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I understand your frustration, but I hope you understand that we're not going to divulge details about what causes development of a product to get delayed as specifically as you'd like to anybody who is not employed by IK. I also understand that this can and likely has made your interest in this thread decline or disappear, but I hope that you find SampleTank 3 interesting enough to give it a shot when it is released.

Ben H wrote: I bought in ST2 back in 2003/04 back when Squids used to hang around on the forums here a lot (lovely guy BTW), when it used to cost nearly as much as Omni. Since then I persevered with it, but I could not find a single sound that I didn't have a better version of in another VST.
I tried the whole "use it as a sketchpad" thing, but I realised that all that time spent replacing my drafts with better sounds, were better spent using better sounds to begin with.
For all those who would argue that "it still works perfectly fine on x64," that's probably true. But my point is that I have no use for it and never really have. I haven't even bothered to reinstall it in about 5 years and the box just sits on my bookshelf collecting dust. I'm seriously considering just tossing it in the bin.
Anyway for those of you that are thinking of buying in on IKs next sale, think about it first. They wont hold their value and even though you *can* resell them, it wont be worth it to do so. :shrug:
Not being an 'early adopter' like those that show the most disstisfaction on these threads, I mostly have a different view... but I do see their point in certain aspects and even agree with IKM transfer policies being out of sync with their own devaluation of the products.
I don't follow the idea of using any product as a 'scratch pad' either and completely agree with Ben H that it would prove to be counter-productive to do something on one thing and then spend more time in replacing it with something else.
However, for the price in recent sales, I did see most of this in the same realm as what I would end up paying for 'other sample libraries' for other sample players that are also made 'Effectively NFR' upon purchase. The only value in its current state is as the devalued product they sell it for via Group Buys.
Now having to re-install the product a fourth (or fifth) time, I'm looking at what I really like out of it and what is not worth loading again.
It has been a stop-gap product until I find something I like better in one of my other sample players (which means another, usually more expensive purchase).
Like the old Emu Products I have that no longer work in my 64b environment and the DimensionPro/DSF libraries that have done nothing but disappoint me in the long run, (and I shouldn't forget Atmosphere, since it gave me nothing but problems), I can see where these 32b IKM products will eventually hit the 'abandonware' pyle at some point too.
But it's about what I can use out of it now for what it does well, not for anything I have to replace later in 'scratch-padding' (until I absolutely have to). But there are a few things I have found that are doing the job better than the soundsets I was using in STank now, and I am on the look out for equal or better sets for my other players.
What it does now, at the price it sells for, is mostly worth it, as long as you see it for what it is and not for what it was or what they promise it will be.

STank3? We'll see when it gets here and all this conjecture beforehand is really not worth the time in projecting otherwise. Perhaps that is why all these threads are destined for the lock?

I do also feel that those that paid full price for it back in the day, should have their transfer fees waved and that the rest of us should have a more appropriate scale in transfer according to the purchase price.
(e.g. 20 for TS3/TW; 5 for individual VIs acquired in GBs, etc.)
Personally, I accept that when I want to rid my system of them it will be a give-away and hope to just not have to pay to do that.

Return to “Instruments”