GForce Oddity going for a silly price

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Zombie Queen wrote:I don't know, I'd like an Oddity. But the price is not yet at silly level, according to my standards.
+1

Silly level for me would be $29, then I would jump at it :oops:

Oddity is too brash to be suitable for polyphony, and there are SO many creative things you can do with the duo mode, that I've never missed poly. While it's filter FM and filter in general can be a bit wiry, nothing does acid-tinged electro sounds quite like Oddity. I've even tried copying patches on other synths and getting them to match, but there's always something the Oddity has that can't be emulated by other synths.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I'm tempted. It's a great instrument. But 50 quid isn't a silly price for it in today's market

Related: I installed a demo of G Force Imposcar2 and there's no way to uninstall it! It doesn't even show up in Control Panel Programs. Is this true with Oddity?

Time to use Revo Uninstaller or CCleaner!

Thanks E. I have CCleaner and never thought of using it for that.

Anyone tried to combine discounts? I have applied for a student discount with them, and will 100% pick this up if I can get a better deal on it than around 42UKP.

osiris wrote:Related: I installed a demo of G Force Imposcar2 and there's no way to uninstall it! It doesn't even show up in Control Panel Programs. Is this true with Oddity?
Not sure if the demo works the same way but the manual for the full version says:

"By launching the installer and then un-ticking each of the components, it’s also possible to uninstall impOSCar2 on both Mac and PC computers."

Examigan wrote:
osiris wrote:Related: I installed a demo of G Force Imposcar2 and there's no way to uninstall it! It doesn't even show up in Control Panel Programs. Is this true with Oddity?
Not sure if the demo works the same way but the manual for the full version says:

"By launching the installer and then un-ticking each of the components, it’s also possible to uninstall impOSCar2 on both Mac and PC computers."
Examigen is correct. Run the installer again and you'll be able to tick some options to uninstall it.

I demoed this a long time ago, and while I thought there was something really special about the sound, I passed, largely because of the price. Even with Diva, TAL, Synth Squad and all the rest, it's still got a very special sound that you can't get anywhere else... but the sale price is still just a bit high. 50 bucks would REALLY nail it for me (damn that VAT to hell).

(not that all of this fiscal bitchin' is gonna convince them otherwise, but you have to try).

Numanoid wrote:
Zombie Queen wrote:I don't know, I'd like an Oddity. But the price is not yet at silly level, according to my standards.
+1

Silly level for me would be $29, then I would jump at it :oops:
Ok. I used the wrong word. It was full of hyperbollox.

I should have said 'Very reasonable considering the going market of todays high quality synths, dear'.

I'm not some kind of bitch slapped beta male (as much as I would like to be) ;-).

But I take your financial considerations into consideration.

I had some other stuff to post along other lines, but y'all killed my buzz.

Aww...

Ok, it's not the be all and end all of VST synthesis, but crikey, for the money, what a bass monster! This thing was made for bass. Sexy disco bass. Queen disco bass.

Yes it would have been nice to have got it for a quarter of the price, but I have a feeling that the geniuses (genii) that program these things want to have their work valued and maybe in a few years, they just simply will not be able to carry out stuff of this quality. And no one else will. It don't get better than this. If you are going to talk about emulation this or whatever.

Then again Imposcar is a work of genius and people moaned about that.

Ok, it wasn't silly money. I should have said 'a night down the pub where you are almost getting going to where you want to be, but still somehow wake up lacking in the morning'. And when I say 'lacking', I hope you understand which department this is.

This was a lot of money for me to splash on a new synth which I promised I would buy no more of. These fellas are the best in the game.

Just what the hell in the same price range do you think is better? Apart from Wusikstation (which might even be a bit cheaper).

Its has cool sliders....

codec_spurt wrote:Unfortunately I could find no way to down load them in windows 7.

I spent about 10 minutes trying to do this and gave up.

Maybe I willl give it a go in Linux later.
Honestly, it sounds like you've got some serious computer issues going on, two hours to buy Oddity, ten minutes to unsuccesfully download the presets. They're also available in the Oddity section of KvR if you are still having problems.
fmr wrote:There could always be a switch to have Oddity behave monophonic/duophonic, for those who want that.
It's all a matter of options. I am not fundamentalist in what regards emulations. I want fidelity but also variety and versatility.
I agree completely, my argument was that the architecture arrived at in Prodyssey to allow polyphony did not allow it to sound like a mono/duo Odyssey. Solve that and I'm more than happy for a poly Odyssey emulation.
fmr wrote:I have a Creamware Scope that was working in XP, then stoped working because of driver conflicts, and was pissed off because of the lack of support the sucessor company (Sonic Core) gave to it, making it basically useless, and demanding an insane price for upgraded (???) drivers/software.
There were no driver conflicts. It didn't stop working. If you wanted to upgrade to 64-bit (if that's what you actually meant) then yes you have to buy the new Scope 5.0 software developed and supported by the new company Sonic Core. To say they made it useless is nonsense. It works fine on XP up till 4.5 (last Creamware version) and I paid $98 to upgrade to 5.0 (with a free 5.1 upgrade thrown in). Not much to give to a new company still supporting my 13-year-old card. I'd say that's pretty good support, better than your PC that you 'had' to upgrade I assume. I also assume you new computer/OS was free. Oh, and they recently had another sale where you could buy Scope 5.1 and Modular IV for €99.
fmr wrote:I know that Creamware went bankrupt, and that the new company has no obligations (except for the fact they are the same guys), but I feel ripped off.
Now I have a very nice (and large) piece of junk inside my computer, deactivated.
You might want to check your history. Some of the guys who are now Sonic Core started out in Creamware but had left way before it went bust. They returned because they are so passionate about the platform. They could have just carried on in their new jobs as they'd already left CW behind.

So you feel ripped off that a new company wants to make a bit of money so they can continue support? I suppose you expect free upgrades for life. I love the 'world owes me a living' society we seem to be becoming. For the sake of $99 that piece of junk could now be performing at least as a very good sound card (not even considering the routing, mixing, synths and effects). Or you could make some money on it and sell it. Whatever amount you make has got to be better than it doing nothing.

I read that also. Unfortunately the installer has been deleted. Downloaded again and it doesn't work. It just installed another demo....

Kriminal wrote:Its has cool sliders....

:lol:

Oh and btw, is the company called GMedia, or GForce.

Do the files go in to Program Data, or Program files (x86), or Program files?

Where do the presets go?

I have never come across such a cluster f**k of preset management as I have with these two synths. And those that know me know that I am the biggest, most vociferous and argumentive bastard when it comes to this.

Holy Jesus. Where do the presets go?

You have put them in to totally different parts of the OS for a start. And on top of that when I put new ones in, they aren't read or recognized. I am going to have to spen a whole f**king afternoon going through this shit. And you want me to buy presets on top? Good luck?

I know it's difficult. It's obvious you don't have a grip. It's ok. Come out! You will have support. You will have protection. You can say it. You haven't a f**king clue what you are doing when it comes to preset management. You will be in good company. From Image-Line to Presonus, to oh shit, just about everyone really. It is all totally f**ked up.

But no worries. Ignore me. I'm a madman. I'll just go and spend a few hours tomorrow afternoon figuring it out after being ignored by your tech support because to acknowledge me would be an admission of failure on your part.

eh eh.

You don't know where your presets goes.

eh eh.

I know I'm a fuckwit. What is your excuse if you can code and program software like this? When is someone going to admit there is a serious f**king problem with this?

I'm over. Just nothing more from me. No more cash for anyone. Not buying one single more plugin. I will buy from those that ask for donations only. You developers need to grow some f**king balls and sort out this mess.

And sorry if I over reacted. But maybe if you had provided a 'readme.txt' I might not have. Then again, there is a good reason you didn't - because it would not have helped. What a f**king total mess this is in.

Return to “Instruments”