What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

PatchAdamz
KVRAF

1746 posts since 12 Nov, 2012

Postby PatchAdamz; Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:29 pm The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... ime-boogie

In Aboriginal culture, it is believed that there are two forms of time.

The first, our "awake" state that relates to our daily activity.
The second is a deep state of consciousness know as the "dreamtime".
It is believed that the "dreamtime" effects the world as dramatically as our "awake" state as is the source of values, symbols, and laws of Aboriginal culture and society.

Allomerus
KVRian

867 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:27 am Re: The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

Great track. Enjoyable composition with interesting moods. Didgeridoo interlude is nice. I also like the theremin like synth. Great end section. Thanks for sharing. :)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
mr.me
KVRAF

2083 posts since 11 Feb, 2003

Postby mr.me; Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:43 am Re: The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

A lot of nice elements...loved it! :love:
Delfinoverde
Banned

Postby Delfinoverde; Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:12 am Re: The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

PatchAdamz
KVRAF

Postby PatchAdamz; Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:44 pm Re: The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

Allomerus wrote:Great track. Enjoyable composition with interesting moods. Didgeridoo interlude is nice. I also like the theremin like synth. Great end section. Thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks for the helpful details. This one was definitely outside the box so I never know if its too far.

A question if you dont mind...

I noticed you were on bandcamp...

Is it useful?

With so many musicians, I wonder if its possible to reach an audience.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)
PatchAdamz
KVRAF

Postby PatchAdamz; Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:27 pm Re: The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

mr.me wrote:A lot of nice elements...loved it! :love:

Thank you, much appreciated!
V0RT3X
KVRAF

4138 posts since 3 Jul, 2012

Postby V0RT3X; Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:28 pm Re: The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

So are you aboriginal?
Having the best tools and technical knowledge isn't gonna do much for you if you don't understand how to make good music.
ecamburn
KVRist

389 posts since 16 Dec, 2003

Postby ecamburn; Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:28 pm Re: The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

Really interesting tune. The mood shifts around quite a bit, but there's still a nice coherence to everything. Many little enjoyable nuggets throughout...

That short section that first comes in around 2:00 is cool.
The section beginning around 3:30 sets an interesting mood
PatchAdamz
KVRAF

Postby PatchAdamz; Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:16 am Re: The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

Delfinoverde wrote:Nice music! :wink:

Thanks Delfinoverde! :)
micahtMusic
KVRer

3 posts since 21 Feb, 2014, from denver

Postby micahtMusic; Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:38 pm Re: The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

That is an extremely fascinating mythology, especially from a Jungian point of view.

Great piece, too!
PatchAdamz
KVRAF

Postby PatchAdamz; Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:56 am Re: The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

V0RT3X wrote:So are you aboriginal?

Sorry, I'm on a walkabout currently and didn't bring my iPhone. :D
SyntheticAurality
KVRAF

7366 posts since 2 Apr, 2002, from Austin, Texas, USA

Postby SyntheticAurality; Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:12 am Re: The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

Very nice - not quite what I expected but honestly a very pleasant surprise! :D :D

Worth more than one listen... now I feel like jumping on a plane and heading Down Under to wrestle a goanna..! :-o
Frantz
KVRAF

2655 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:24 pm Re: The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

A surprising combination of elements that kept me guessing. A fun ride. 8)
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
PatchAdamz
KVRAF

Postby PatchAdamz; Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:24 pm Re: The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

Delfinoverde wrote:Nice music! :wink:

Check my tracks

Thanks for the links (by the way)! :)
PatchAdamz
KVRAF

Postby PatchAdamz; Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:44 am Re: The Skeleton Dream-time Boogie - Dreamtime Aboriginal

micahtMusic wrote:That is an extremely fascinating mythology, especially from a Jungian point of view.

Great piece, too!

True and as Joseph Campbell once said, "Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths."
Next

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe