Rob Papen Blue II ???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Blue 3

I think if you strip away the features of any FM synth you will have the same basic sound character.

It's these additional features - particularly the wealth of modulation possibilities - is what allows us to move well beyond the Yammie limitations into far more interesting territory.

Hybrids FTW!

stimresp wrote:I think if you strip away the features of any FM synth you will have the same basic sound character.

It's these additional features - particularly the wealth of modulation possibilities - is what allows us to move well beyond the Yammie limitations into far more interesting territory.

Hybrids FTW!

What is really interesting to me is how these synth bods can break down the basic FM synth part and then add other bits. And then make them fit as a whole.

We are being left out in the cold here.

We have the programming of Jon Ayres. The insane mind set of Rob Papen himself. I don't think enough people really understand what they are getting when they get a Rob Papen Synth. And then we have Peter from LinPlug.

Spectral is a masterpiece.

I've made no friends here.

Ah well. Time to shut up now.

A real shame these two forces can't come together.
But they won't.

So ok.

They will do new stuff.

Do your stuff fellas.

You know it's funny, after all these years..
I don't really look elsewhere.

:-)

You both do the highest stuff in your field.

One thing I like about Blue and Blue 2, choose the Square/Resonant waveform and do PWM with it. You get exactly what you'd expect - a more resonant form of PWM. Square/Saw is a good one too, with symmetry at both extremes you get a saw and a square respectively.

One thing I've noticed about Blue 2 (not sure if it was true of Blue 1) - the brown noise oscillator creates a LOT of DC offset.

EDIT: Another nice thing, you can modulate the waveform selection, including all of the samples, even mid-note. Really suprised to see that supported. Mapping it to the modwheel lets you choose 127 different waveforms and generates some crazy ideas.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:One thing I like about Blue and Blue 2, choose the Square/Resonant waveform and do PWM with it. You get exactly what you'd expect - a more resonant form of PWM. Square/Saw is a good one too, with symmetry at both extremes you get a saw and a square respectively.

One thing I've noticed about Blue 2 (not sure if it was true of Blue 1) - the brown noise oscillator creates a LOT of DC offset.

EDIT: Another nice thing, you can modulate the waveform selection, including all of the samples, even mid-note. Really suprised to see that supported. Mapping it to the modwheel lets you choose 127 different waveforms and generates some crazy ideas.
i dont found yet this brown noise osc blue 2 or blue 1.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
bharris22 wrote:Does anyone know if you can import your own samples, too?
Can't.
Thats to bad....

Tough with this synth i would have loved to see an option to use any VSTs output, as input for this engine....

Anyway, its still the most refreshing vst since omnisphere... And probably more... Looking forward to playing with this some more in the future

Read in the past, the import of your own samples is something they might implement in the future. Which would be absolutely killer.

Downloaded the demo and been playing with it today.
Plenty of punch and presence with a lot of options.
I really thought I read and heard that you could import samples though.
I'll have to double check to see how I got that idea now.
Definitely worth the 150 MBP I see.

SWallace wrote:Read in the past, the import of your own samples is something they might implement in the future. Which would be absolutely killer.
So true when we have feedback (allready tested one internal samples) and waveshaping/phasedistortion.

Return to “Instruments”