VOS + TDL + VLADG = SlickEQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR VOS SlickEQ TDR VOS SlickEQ GE

whyterabbyt wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:One thing that always troubled me though, and I don't know if you can help me with this bmanic (if anyone can you can), but why a semi-colon and not a normal colon?
http://www.colonsemicolon.com/
I stand educated.

Even though I am lying down.

Oh, and 'Ta'.

whyterabbyt wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:One thing that always troubled me though, and I don't know if you can help me with this bmanic (if anyone can you can), but why a semi-colon and not a normal colon?
Actually no.

I won't be fobbed off like that.

I understand when to use a semi-colon as opposed to a colon or dare I say it, a bog standard comma. But why in the middle of TL:DR, sorry, TL;DR. That seems uber abritrary.

I know I am no paragon of the upholding of the English language (eh, got to love your opressors) ;-) (sic, hic, puke).

Just being curious.

codec_spurt wrote:Actually no.

I understand when to use a semi-colon as opposed to a colon or dare I say it, a bog standard comma. But why in the middle of TL:DR, sorry, TL;DR. That seems uber abritrary.

I know I am no paragon of the upholding of the English language (eh, got to love your opressors) ;-) (sic, hic, puke).

Just being curious.
Its not a 'fobbing off', merely a link to a more expansive explanation than I'd be able to supply myself. :shrug:

But I dont follow. If you know when to use a semicolon, you'll know that 'too long; didnt read' fits when that usage, as per the 'fobbage':
The most common use of the semicolon is to join together two clauses that could each be separate sentences — creating a longer sentence.
You're not introducing a list, or a definition, which is where you'd use a colon, again per the fobbage.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:Actually no.

Just being curious.
Its not a 'fobbing off', merely a link to a more expansive explanation than I'd be able to supply myself. :shrug:

But I dont follow. If you know when to use a semicolon, you'll know that 'too long; didnt read' fits when that usage, as per the 'fobbage':
The most common use of the semicolon is to join together two clauses that could each be separate sentences — creating a longer sentence.
You're not introducing a list, or a definition, which is where you'd use a colon, again per the fobbage.
Er, yes, I know. I was being meta.

More coffee? Some coffee?

It was more a muse on the concept. I wasn't calling you out as such. Or anything you said. My bad.

Some things in life we will never understand.

You: My humour.
Me: The semi:;colon.

Let us go gentle into that good night...

It's also just a matter of history. "Too long; didn't read" is an ancient internet meme, possible pre-2000, and it's always been shortened as tl;dr.

Sort of like the less common "e:f,b." which stands for edit: f**k, beaten."

I don't normally tend toward a dismissive attitude about somebody's curiosity but in this case I am feeling a bit of a tendency to want to ask what the big deal is, anyway, if you prefer it stated differently nobody's going to come down on you for it :p

tl;dr - live and let live.

Also, can y'all implement some cool tilt filters, because in real life you have to change the coupling caps and it's a total PITA so you usually see maybe a few values at most, but a plugin could easily vary the capacitance as a function of turning a knob just as though it were a simple variable resistor, allowing for a kind of really cool digital-only behavior. Tilt EQs sound awesome and do a very unique job, whether symmetrically or asymmetrically implemented. But of course your plugins your business your choices, I just really like a good tilt EQ in the analog domain but because of the nature of it they tend to be very pre-set and not exactly adjustable except for the, you know, amplitude of the EQ itself around the frequency center...

If you are at all interested but for some reason have not heard about them, here's a mathy read (for you mathily inclined gents... mathily... yes, mathily.)

http://edn.com/design/analog/4368935/Im ... zer-filter

pretty pretty please? :o

codec_spurt wrote: Er, yes, I know. I was being meta.
Sorry, I was just taking things at face value, and trying to help... My apologies for that.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
codec_spurt wrote: Er, yes, I know. I was being meta.
Sorry, I was just taking things at face value, and trying to help... My apologies for that.

I know. It is a mistake many make with me. I get into a lot of trouble for it. It f**ks my whole life up in fact.

I'm a f**k up:

I wasn't trying to be clever.

codec_spurt wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
I stand educated.

Even though I am lying down.

Oh, and 'Ta'.
Ha! Me too. I had no idea when to use colon vs semi-colon.. My writing is always messy and disjointed. The TL;DR stands for Too Long; Didn't Read and is usually written with a semi-colon. I've never bothered to check when or why to use it there. Now I know! Thanks whyterabbyt!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I'm trying to scroll through all this book learning banter---waiting for this plug-in to be released... :cry:
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

A bird told me, that it seems to be in "release candidate status" - if there are no severe bugs during testing anymore. Give it another couple of days I'd say. Next week latest maybe.

I mean... we're not talking about IKM's "Facebook" teasers, Sonimus' original Britson Announcement or Bitwig. :hihi:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Get out get out get out...

... Please...

.............................. Get out this EQ!!!

Still waiting for Sean to finish his Valhalla Win update after his AAX meltdown too... :hihi:
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

A.M. Gold wrote:Still waiting for Sean to finish his Valhalla Win update after his AAX meltdown too... :hihi:
Hey, nothing is more fun than spending most of a year getting plugins to run in Pro Tools, that were ALREADY running in ProTools before June of 2013! WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!! HOOORAY AND ALL THE ELVES AND DWARVEN FOLKE DID SING AND DANCE A MERRY DANCE AROUND THE MAYPOLE!!!!!

I'm pretty sure developers can relate in terms of Wavelab 7/8
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

valhallasound wrote:
A.M. Gold wrote:WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!! HOOORAY AND ALL THE ELVES AND DWARVEN FOLKE DID SING AND DANCE A MERRY DANCE AROUND THE MAYPOLE!!!!!
Not sure if their nda really tolerates such festivities ^^ ;)
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Return to “Effects”