1%
OhmStudio
0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

CTStump wrote: I guess just throwing things out hoping they will stick is a common method these days on the Interwebs.
Nothing I said was false, but keep on making that argument. Very defensive about your investment in S1 aren't you?

CTStump wrote:
fedexnman wrote:I did find it pretty funny that Batman and friends came over to vote at KvR ...
I'm still waiting for the FL studio wonk's to weigh in. :D
They should do a which host has the most FanBoyz thread next .

fedexnman wrote:I did find it pretty funny that Batman and friends came over to vote at KvR ...
Oh, I see what you did there!

hibidy wrote:
Come on hibidy times up you gonna have to face the muzic :hihi: lol awe man this is a funny poll everyone has there pissy pants on because S1 ..... Hey its a good DAW / Host, I don't use it anymore and sold my license but its a good Host .

This thread made me download the free version of Studio One. We'll see if it float my boat.

SampleScience wrote:This thread made me download the free version of Studio One. We'll see if it float my boat.
It's 50% off right now.

fedexnman wrote:
hibidy wrote:
Come on hibidy times up you gonna have to face the muzic :hihi: lol awe man this is a funny poll everyone has there pissy pants on because S1 ..... Hey its a good DAW / Host, I don't use it anymore and sold my license but its a good Host .
I wondered why I don't see you anymore. I saw a VERY old thread of mine inquiring about selling it (from like 3 years ago)

Glad I didn't. Has turned into a jewel. I'm in a whopping 220 bucks for the full professional version after jumping from artist, to 2 producer, to 2.6 professional. Turns out to be one of the best investments I've ever made :shrug:

fedexnman wrote:
CTStump wrote:
I'm still waiting for the FL studio wonk's to weigh in. :D
They should do a which host has the most FanBoyz thread next .
Reaperites not enough? :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

5Lives wrote:
CTStump wrote: I guess just throwing things out hoping they will stick is a common method these days on the Interwebs.
Nothing I said was false, but keep on making that argument. Very defensive about your investment in S1 aren't you?
And why are you so concerned about him being happy with S1? Are you looking to convert people to your DAW?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

hibidy wrote:
fedexnman wrote:
hibidy wrote:
I wondered why I don't see you anymore. I saw a VERY old thread of mine inquiring about selling it (from like 3 years ago)

Glad I didn't. Has turned into a jewel. I'm in a whopping 220 bucks for the full professional version after jumping from artist, to 2 producer, to 2.6 professional. Turns out to be one of the best investments I've ever made :shrug:
Yep , Its dirt cheap even right now its on sale for $224. I just got hooked using Tracktion again so in 2 years Ive spent $58 for 2 upgrades . I had used Tracktion since version 1 free , so it was just so much fun to mess with . I just didnt open S1 anymore when it came time for music making , sad really . It was like selling that really nice guitar that wasnt getting any play time , Im sure youve been down that road too .

@5lives: your "facts" are slightly warped, more so are your assumed implications. (something that simple logic could already hint at, considering your statements regarding cubase and looking at its history)

i do like these polls. nothing to do with what ppl really use. but a reflection of the current buzz in nerddom and fanboism. also, considering the number of pages, this should degrade into either a flame war or a comedy pretty soon.

how about the classic:
midi sux anywayz

??
You're my son, dude!

I've always used Cubase, but it's increasingly starting to feel old and clunky to me. It would not surprise me at all if something fresh entered the market and gradually ate away at it's user base over a 10 to 15 year timespan. My metaphor here would be how Internet Explorer went from nearly a 100% market share just over a decade ago to about 10% now and still declining at the same very slow but steady rate. It just wasn't able to renew itself, and Microsoft only started to panic and listen to it's users (sort of) when it was several years too late.

Generic reply to a feature request on the Cubase forum:
"When I was getting started we didn't need no fancy GUIs. We just soldered some stuff together."

That actually might make a fun thread ... generic forum replies for the various DAWs.

5Lives wrote:Fact: Presonus lost Jonathan who was the product manager for S1.
Fact: Wolfgang Kundruss is no longer working on the product day-to-day (when is software ever "done" - it is a constantly evolving entity. There's always work to do and top development talent is not so easily replaced.)
Fact: Affectionate words about Wolfgang Kundruss from Eike Jonas, Software Developer DSP at PreSonus Software (Hamburg), when Wolfgang left the team:

"no official statement. and i don't want to step on any toes here. but it never was neither his baby nor his vision. and nobody should worry about this."

http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/31613.page#212621

Wolfgang Kundruss was in charge of the OS X port, that's all.

Fact: Given the above, imagine the influence that a product manager in Louisiana could have on a German development team in Hamburg. By the way, Jonathan is a very cool guy that is now working in the video games industry.

i just don't get it... why the hell is studio one tops???

ooh! that's right, because its awesome, stable, includes great effects plugins, incredible workflow, and a 4 year old could grasp it.

Well, it's better than talking about bitwig :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”