Wusik is proud to announce: Wusik 4000 has been officially released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wusik 8008

WilliamK wrote:
tonylife wrote:Hi, I am having trouble loading Wusiksounds. It just crashes. I tried with Cubase 7.5 and StudioOne 2.6.2 on Mac. Any help please?
I found the problem, please, could you test the following file? (place under Wusik 4000 Data\Modules\Sound Generators) Thanks!

http://wusik.com/download/MAC_Sample_Player.dylib.zip
Hi, it seems fine now. Thanks :D

I wonder if someone (someone nice) would write a Paul Nasca PadSynth module for Wusik? :D

(alternatively, I may get off my keister and do it myself. :p )

fandango wrote:I wonder if someone (someone nice) would write a Paul Nasca PadSynth module for Wusik? :D (alternatively, I may get off my keister and do it myself. :p )
I'm trying to understand if this is a real-time thing or something we could add to, let's say, the Drawable OSC to create new waveforms, or the Sample-Player maybe?

Yeah, I don't think it's realtime unfortunately. Most implementations I've seen take a small sample section input (maybe a simple saw osc), process it and then return the wavetable as a lovely texture-of-fluffy-Milkyway-chocolate-centre orgasm in your ears. :love:

(EDIT - in fact, the drawable OSC sounds like the perfect contender)

Indeed, I will check this out again and see what we could come up with. :cool: But it just came to mind, the Drawable OSC uses short waveforms, so I guess we are back to the Sample Player instead...

Thanks William, I'm chuffed that you would even consider it. :D I do think Nasca's code makes beautiful sounds. I've seen it used in Renoise Tracker (PadSynth component), Imageline Ogun and KarmaFX Synth Modular to great effect.

If it turns out to be a major headache, I'd be happy to just look at the W4000 SDK and experiment in my own time as I know you are busy with many things. Thanks again. :)

Thanks bud. Maybe you could help already, just looking on how it works and telling me where to look first. ;-) Maybe some tips to speed the process up?

In other news, I just got an email from Avid telling me that they will help us out with the AAX validation, and this is BIG news. I couldn't compile the RTAS version, but at least the AAX version we will be able to supply.

WilliamK wrote:Thanks bud. Maybe you could help already, just looking on how it works and telling me where to look first. ;-) Maybe some tips to speed the process up?
Oh, Paul has provided C++ code
http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc/ ... tation.zip (direct link to ZIP)
http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc/ ... Dsynth.htm (linked from here)

In "PadSynthCPP" there are just 2 short files, PadSynth.cpp and PadSynth.h

The only thing that is not provided is an IFFT function so he just leaves a virtual void IFFT function that gets forwarded to whatever proprietary (or home-cooked) library you like most.

Code: Select all

virtual void IFFT(REALTYPE *freq_real,REALTYPE *freq_imaginary,REALTYPE *smp)=0;
(REALTYPE is just a float. :P )

Anyway, this is high-hanging fruit, so no biggie if it's not appropriate for Wusik 4000. It just sounds lovely if we could have a module (or extended sampler) at some point in the future. Anyone who's used ZynAddSubFX is a convert to PadSynth loveliness. :hihi:

fandango wrote:Thanks William, I'm chuffed that you would even consider it. :D I do think Nasca's code makes beautiful sounds. I've seen it used in Renoise Tracker (PadSynth component), Imageline Ogun and KarmaFX Synth Modular to great effect.

If it turns out to be a major headache, I'd be happy to just look at the W4000 SDK and experiment in my own time as I know you are busy with many things. Thanks again. :)
Didn't know it was in Ogun, when did that happen?

aMUSEd wrote:
fandango wrote:Thanks William, I'm chuffed that you would even consider it. :D I do think Nasca's code makes beautiful sounds. I've seen it used in Renoise Tracker (PadSynth component), Imageline Ogun and KarmaFX Synth Modular to great effect.

Didn't know it was in Ogun, when did that happen?
It snuck in there! I only found out about it loooong after I got Ogun in an IL Yardsale so it must have appeared at some point later. :) (there was some list online of all the synths that had it and I saw "Ogun" and was like, 'ORLY?')

http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHel ... monics.htm

It's kinda hidden. On the "Timbre Impulse EQ" graph, click the little 'options' icon at the bottom left of the graph. "Create pad harmonics..." appears in the menu and opens a little seperate dialog window with some PadSynth options, including a neat "Randomize" option.

Looks like I might need to fire up my Windows laptop and update it - not used it since I went Mac

Great news, aWave, the famous multi-format sample converter, now supports the new Wusik 4000 Sound Format. You can also use SFZ, WAV, AIFF and WusikSND files with Wusik 4000's Sample Player. But the new .W4kSnd format is a XML based simple format that allows you to edit files without problems and is 100% JUCE compatible. Here's the details on the new aWave release:
Hi there!

It’s been 7½ years since v10.0 was released – now it's finally time to advance to v11.0! Like with most mature software, improvements are evolutionary rather than revolutionary. But I hope that everyone will be able to find something nice in the new version.

It is available for download on our web site: http://www.fmjsoft.com/
Please note that this is not a free upgrade though.
An upgrade to v11 can be bought here: http://www.fmjsoft.com/awstuupg.html
Buy the upgrade now, and you'll get any future v11.x updates for free.

A list of "what's new" is included below.

Sincerely,

/ Markus / FMJ-Software

What's new in Awave Studio v11.0:

- Added support for reading Native Instrument Kontakt instruments (.NKI) and multi banks (.NKM). NB; only files compatible with Kontakt versions predating v.4.2.2 are supported. Files written by later versions use a different binary format which is not supported.

- Added support for reading and writing Korg Kronos program collection files (.PCG).

- Added support for reading and writing Korg M3 and M50 program collection files (.PCG).

- Added support for reading and writing Korg M50 program collection files (.PCG).

- Added support for writing (in addition to reading) Korg Triton LE program collection file (.PCG).

- Improved conversion of Korg Triton and Korg Trinity program bank files (.PCG).

- Added support for reading & writing Korg Kronos samples (.KSF), keymaps (.KMP) and script files (.KSC).

- Added support for reading Opus audio streams (.OPUS). NB; this requires the OpusFile add-on DLL's.

- Added support for reading and writing Wusik 4000 files (.W4KSND).

- Improved conversion from Kurzweil K2000-series files (.KRZ).

- Added support for reading AdLib Visual Composer song files (.ROL + .BNK).

- Added a "Linear Filled" option for the waveform graph on the wave edit page. This is the new default.

- Reworked the "Logarithmic" option for the waveform graph - it's now bidirectional and filled.

- Added support for using VST plug-ins in the "Audio processing wizard" and in the in the "Batch conversion wizard".

- The "Split waveform at silent sections" function in the "Audio processing wizard" is much improved.

- Improved "Remove silent sections" function in the "Audio processing wizard".

- Improved the speed of the "Auto loop finder" function in the "Audio processing wizard".

- Added support for equalizer parameters. This is implemented for the following formats: Kurzweil K2000-series (.KRZ), Kontakt (.NKI), Korg Kronos/M3/M50 (.PCG), Yamaha EX5 (.S1V), sfz v2 (.SFZ), Yamaha Tyros-series (.TVU/.UVN), Yamaha Motif-series (.W2V/.W7V/.X0V/.X3V).

- Added a "key to pan" parameter. Implemented for AKAI S5000 (.AKP), Kontakt (.NKI), SoundFont v2.1 (.SF2), AKAI S1000 (.P), Pinnacle (.PBK), Korg Kronos/M3/M50/Triton/Trinity (.PCG), Yamaha EX5 (.S1V), Yamaha Motif XS and XF (.X0V/.X3V).

- Added a "Find volume" function to the "Audio processing wizard". This lets you estimate the loudness of waveforms and append a dB value to the wave name and/or adjust the volume to make them equally loud.

- The MIDI Player now supports track channel groups for playback of more than 16 channels.

- There are now two options for saving .SFZ files - with "samples in same folder" or "samples in sub-folder".

- There are now 8 "alternate groups" in the region trigger type selection. Regions in the same group alternate between each other independent of other regions.

- In Options->Preferences->Synth to Wave, it's now possible to set a minimum waveform length in addition to maximum length.

- When using the "Auto property sheet" option, it's now better at remembering the property window position.

- If there's a path to an audio file on the Windows clipboard, you can now open it in the program using Ctrl-V or Edit->Paste.

- Various bug fixes.

More great news! The next update (V1.0.2) will include two new plugin formats: VST3 (64 bits) and AAX (ProTools, already validated with the required tools). Plus we fixed everything reported by users, so, if you still have any problems, please, let us know ASAP.

Hi William,

Is there a bypass option for modules? I only found an unload option so far...

Would it be possible to add pitch detection via aubio [http://aubio.org/] for example to the sampler module?

Thanks,

Ah, I will check those out, remind me if I manage to forget. :oops: I may not be able to do it for V1.0.2, but maybe for another update.

Return to “Instruments”