What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

KVRist

412 posts since 23 Nov, 2012

Postby woggle; Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:30 am ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

a quick piece for guitar and quite a few fx - two tracks of playing, duplicated then edited a bit. Probably a bit rough but I take so long to make stuff normally I wanted this to be quickly done.

https://soundcloud.com/greghooper/if-yo ... o-one-will
KVRAF

6444 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:13 pm Re: ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

I liked this. I think it's been a while since I heard one of your guitar-based pieces. I seem to remember that you have a Jackson. I love the shifting drone atmosphere on here and the lead lines sound great too. Does your guitar have the sustainiac on it?

Good work :)
KVRAF

4789 posts since 9 Mar, 2003

Postby experimental.crow; Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:33 pm Re: ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

lush , and lugubrious , in the sense of melancholy ...
quite impressive ...
KVRist

Postby woggle; Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:22 pm Re: ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

thanks seismic1 and experimental.crow

yeah it is the Jackson with the sustainiac - I like it a lot. I haven't played much guitar for a while as I developed arthritis in a couple of fingers a few years ago. But that seems to have settled down so I have pulled the guitar out again, new strings and put a battery in. Much pleasure :)
KVRAF

2463 posts since 21 Dec, 2004

Postby Genetic_Junk; Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:40 pm Re: ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

Very nice contemplative piece. I enjoyed the interplay between the harmony in reverb cloud and the occasional melodic line.
KVRist

Postby woggle; Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:13 am Re: ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

Genetic_Junk wrote:Very nice contemplative piece. I enjoyed the interplay between the harmony in reverb cloud and the occasional melodic line.

thanks Genetic_junk - I was surprised how well the harmonies worked out actually
KVRian

723 posts since 30 Apr, 2008

Postby astrochimp; Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:59 pm Re: ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

Genetic_Junk wrote:Very nice contemplative piece. I enjoyed the interplay between the harmony in reverb cloud and the occasional melodic line.
+1 :tu:
KVRian

823 posts since 8 Dec, 2003, from Birmingham-ish, UK (Tamworth, but shhh!)

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:34 pm Re: ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

Nice & atmospheric.

I like the kinda ghostliness of the guitar bits that pop out of the clouds. Gives it an other-worldy feel.
If it takes a week each day to walk a fortnight, the number of apples in a bunch of grapes is a banana the size of green.
KVRist

Postby woggle; Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:00 pm Re: ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

thanks hidden goose (and astrochimp) - I can't recommend using a sustainer pickup enough for people who like ambient guitar - probably most guitar styles. They really add something.
KVRian

823 posts since 8 Dec, 2003, from Birmingham-ish, UK (Tamworth, but shhh!)

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:05 pm Re: ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

I like to listen to ambient guitar, but I can't play to save my life!

I occasionally break out my old knackered acoustic just to get some organic sounds and then process them into infinity, but I do appreciate when people who use it as a soundscaping device and can play it like an instrument too let the actual guitariness through :)
If it takes a week each day to walk a fortnight, the number of apples in a bunch of grapes is a banana the size of green.
KVRAF

2446 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:41 pm Re: ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

Moody good stuff arises from the "reverb cloud." It deserves a bump. :)
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
KVRAF

8012 posts since 11 Dec, 2003, from Canada

Postby polyslax; Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:38 am Re: ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

Really nice track Greg, lovely dreamy atmosphere. :tu:
Image Image
KVRAF

6444 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:54 am Re: ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

woggle wrote:....I can't recommend using a sustainer pickup enough for people who like ambient guitar - probably most guitar styles. They really add something.

I wish you hadn't said that. I'm thinking of buying a Fernandes. I'm trying to resist :)
KVRist

Postby woggle; Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:53 pm Re: ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

thanks frantz and polyslax - 'reverb cloud' it is, forward and reverse :)

seismic1 - The Fernandes is apparently slightly different to the sustainiac the Jackson uses, or was when I bought it. It is very smooth on the transitions between the different harmonics, you can switch within notes and it sounds quite natural (well, it is natural really). A 'must have' guitar for me.
KVRist

89 posts since 9 Feb, 2013

Postby SCprogfan; Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:12 am Re: ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

It has that overcast, cloudy weather feel to it. There are some really nice effects going on there. Good work!

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe