absolute softest and warmest synth in existence?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't think anyone would have blamed you for using presets, and not knowing exactly how to make complex patches. As far as i always read here, there's a lot of people doing the same. :) Actually, i think what you're trying is to cure lack of experience with quick results. Which, as far as i'm concerned, might not be the right way. I fiddle with soft synths since a bout 4 years now, and still consider me as quite a noob. It simply takes a lot of time and experience to get to the things you want to achieve. Buying lots of gear just won't help, it just will dig a hole in your portemonnaie. But, if you're more into presets, or reverse engineering of these, try Sylenth. Should be the plugin with the most 3rd party presets, also probably for a lot of musical style. I guess that's your best bet. Or, as you said, Omnisphere, with a lot of sounds onboard. But pretty expensive i think?

chk071 wrote:Actually, i think what you're trying is to cure lack of experience with quick results. Which, as far as i'm concerned, might not be the right way. I fiddle with soft synths since a bout 4 years now, and still consider me as quite a noob. It simply takes a lot of time and experience to get to the things you want to achieve. Buying lots of gear just won't help, it just will dig a hole in your portemonnaie.

i do realize this. if not then, now. the synths i find most easy to program are lush 101 diva, and tal uno lx. im sure both diva and lush101 could do electronic sounds as well as aggressive but uno lx is too basic.

AstralExistence wrote:i now realize what kind of synth i want. what kind of synth makes the kind of sounds that would fit this criteria. i admit i have zebra but its just not as crystal/glass sounding as im looking for. can be any synth analog, digital, fm etc. etc. im looking for beyond beautiful. distortion/noise is not what i consider beautiful.
Obviously what you are looking for is a shrink :P

Wanting to hoard stuff to compensate for something or other. Retail thearpy isn't always the best cure.

Be happy in thine own self, and learn to use the stuff you already got properly.

Numanoid wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:i now realize what kind of synth i want. what kind of synth makes the kind of sounds that would fit this criteria. i admit i have zebra but its just not as crystal/glass sounding as im looking for. can be any synth analog, digital, fm etc. etc. im looking for beyond beautiful. distortion/noise is not what i consider beautiful.

Wanting to hoard stuff to compensate for something or other.

Be happy in tine own self, and learn to use the stuff you already got properly.
you know man, i really don't know what i want. that's whats so frustrating. i do know im best at programming analog synths its the hybrids, fms, and other types that i suck at.
i HAVE no idea what genre i want to create either. ive been lost for like 6 years. but now i got this superpowerful pc, and i don't even know what synths fx to get. sometimes i swear i should just switch to x32 studio one, all free synths, and fx and vs buying things because i think there the answer. i dunno. its not like im rich quite the contrary.
Last edited by AstralExistence on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AstralExistence wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

you know man, i really don't know what i want. that's whats so frustrating. i do know im best at programming analog synths its the hybrids, fms, and other types that i suck at.
i HAVE no idea what genre i want to create either. ive been lost for like 6 years. but now i got this superpowerful pc, and i don't even know what synths fx to get. sometimes i swear i should just switch to x32 studio one, all free synths, and fx and just figure out what i really want to write and invest in. vs buying things because i think there the answer. i dunno.

I would start at the genre. Once you know which genre (which is usually the one you like to listen to most), you can narrow down the kinds of sounds and eventually synths to use.
You are not alone. Most people, including me, only know how to program VA's, FM and such synth methods require more knowledge and yet the result is not really better. I mean, all the great music of the 70s and early 80s was done with analog synths only as there were no digital ones, yet. At the end of the day VA is still THE synth method for most purposes, and many such synths offer additional features that go way beyond what hardware analog synths used to offer.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

i HAVE no idea what genre i want to create either. ive been lost for like 6 years. but now i got this superpowerful pc, and i don't even know what synths fx to get. sometimes i swear i should just switch to x32 studio one, all free synths, and fx and just figure out what i really want to write and invest in. vs buying things because i think there the answer. i dunno.

I would start at the genre. Once you know which genre (which is usually the one you like to listen to most), you can narrow down the kinds of sounds and eventually synths to use.
You are not alone. Most people, including me, only know how to program VA's, FM and such synth methods require more knowledge and yet the result is not really better. I mean, all the great music of the 70s and early 80s was done with analog synths only as there were no digital ones, yet. At the end of the day VA is still THE synth method for most purposes, and many such synths offer additional features that go way beyond what hardware analog synths used to offer.
well, i really like industrial futurepop, electro industrial, dancy not dark ebm, those are probably my favorite genres. and your're saying that a lot of people do only understand va. which makes me feel better because i can at least narrow the synth i need/want to a virtual analog non hybrid which eliminates a huge amount of choice in a good way. i do think that the most complex sounds found in todays electronic music does indeed use very complex forms of synthesis. but i take it you're saying that analog synthesis can also sound very complex while at the same time being much easier to program and understand.
Last edited by AstralExistence on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

just a shout for Imposcar which does lush full-bodied pads... and ACe and Dive from UHE are great to...

Forget genres, go to your influences, what makes you happy. Genres really do make me feel a bit sad, they should be applied after the fact IMO, for indexing purposes only.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Forget genres, go to your influences, what makes you happy. Genres really do make me feel a bit sad, they should be applied after the fact IMO, for indexing purposes only.
so i should listen to music and try to put my own spin on the sounds i find most welcoming? even if there not the same, trying to understand what i actually enjoy about the sound?

AstralExistence wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:softest, some patches in predator, warmest adventus or tforce alpha plus

seriously? predator is warm?

Yep..so was/is albino.

Both are capable of truly beautiful, soft (which is what you asked for), absolutely goose pimple inducing pads.. You need to go through the pads banks to see what its capable of, don't judge it from the arps and tech sounds..(I don't mean to say you are doing that, but in case you didn't audition all the pads yet).

fluffy_little_something wrote: You are not alone. Most people, including me, only know how to program VA's, FM and such synth methods require more knowledge and yet the result is not really better. I mean, all the great music of the 70s and early 80s was done with analog synths only as there were no digital ones, yet. At the end of the day VA is still THE synth method for most purposes, and many such synths offer additional features that go way beyond what hardware analog synths used to offer.

i never considered that. that the result is not really better.

It doesn't have to sound complex. It simply needs to sound good in your ears. There is no bonus for mastering a complex synth.
Certainly there are sounds that one can't really make on a VA. The question is, do you need those sounds? Are they worth the extra time and effort it takes to program a sound on a DX7 emulation or something like that? Some genres do depend a lot on spectacular sound design, especially when there are no lyrics and the instruments have to fill several minutes without getting boring.

AstralExistence wrote:you know man, i really don't know what i want. that's whats so frustrating.
Making choices is too hard for you. It seems easier to get a dose of narcissim hanging round on forums

Numanoid wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:you know man, i really don't know what i want. that's whats so frustrating.
Making choices is too hard for you. It seems easier to get a dose of narcissim hanging round on forums

i heard you the first time.

AstralExistence wrote: fing gorgeous examples sonically. musically speaking though, they were boring and too newagish. my favorite genre of music is industrial futurepop.
Sure, there aren't THAT many good examples of folks playing pads on the best classic synths, I was focusing on sound.
I love Oil and Gold, fantastic album. That's probably some DX7 on there along with some analog synth, could be anything really. I'll talk about the alpha juno below.
chk071 wrote:Take TAL-U-NO-62, add TAL-Chorus-LX, and you're there. :D Or just buy an analogue synth, if you're so keen on "that" sound. But really, there's nothing in those vids, which you couldn't do 99% with any soft synth too. IMO.
In the vids that the OP posted, I agree, my vids, I'm not convinced. But, the alpha juno is not all that and a bag of chips. It's a very simple DCO based synth with the, IMNSHO, weakest Roland filter. I think that Diva nails it completely. I agree, a lot of soft synths, will out analog the IR3R05 (filter) junos. That's the alpha junos and the MKS50.

Alright, I'm going to make some samples tomorrow.

Return to “Instruments”