absolute softest and warmest synth in existence?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AstralExistence wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:more examples of Diva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NYmFSEZzWE

im actually considering diva. but im not sure my pc can run it. i was only able to run 8 pads in divine mode playing at the same time before i ran out of cpu. im not sure if thats good or bad though. i7 4770 16 gigs of ram.

That's pretty impressive! I'm not sure how many instance my i7 mobile quad with 2.4ghz processing power can do, but i think i could get at least 5-6 divas when I owned it playing nicely on normal settings.

Best thing I did was run my multiple instances of Divas in average quality until i got my track meshing together well and then when i was to ready to export I would freeze each instance with Divine.

The oversampling in Diva is surprisingly good compared to the stuff in synthsquad. I normally find running a polyphonic instance of Strobe or cypher at 4x oversampling can easily use up 15-16% of my CPU. I have a pretty cheap set of headphones *KRK KNS8400* so I'm not really hearing too much of a difference when I use them at lower settings. In the end I always tend to render at the best quality though! I don't think synthsquad has multi-core support in it.

In the end I realized that sound quality comes at a performance price, but it's definitely worth the cost!
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:

im actually considering diva. but im not sure my pc can run it. i was only able to run 8 pads in divine mode playing at the same time before i ran out of cpu. im not sure if thats good or bad though. i7 4770 16 gigs of ram.

That's pretty impressive! I'm not sure how many instance my i7 mobile quad with 2.4ghz processing power can do, but i think i could get at least 5-6 divas when I owned it playing nicely on normal settings.

Best thing I did was run my multiple instances of Divas in average quality until i got my track meshing together well and then when i was to ready to export I would freeze each instance with Divine.

The oversampling in Diva is surprisingly good compared to the stuff in synthsquad. I normally find running a polyphonic instance of Strobe or cypher at 4x oversampling can easily use up 15-16% of my CPU. I have a pretty cheap set of headphones *KRK KNS8400* so I'm not really hearing too much of a difference when I use them at lower settings. In the end I always tend to render at the best quality though! I don't think synthsquad has multi-core support in it.

In the end I realized that sound quality comes at a performance price, but it's definitely worth the cost!
and thats the thing, i dont feel the same way about diva as i do with zebra. diva is a new product and is most certainly getting all the love it deserves with updates but yeah zebra, not so much and if i could go back in time i would of bought diva instead of zebra.
Last edited by AstralExistence on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AstralExistence wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:

and thats the thing, i dont feel the same way about diva as i do with zebra. diva is a new product and is most certainly getting all the love it deserves with updates but yeah zebra, not so much and if i could go back in time i would of bought diva instead of zebra but now im stuck with it. and now because of what i heard is a 9 month bullshit waiting list to sell it.

why even bother making the license transferable if your going to tell people they have to wait for 9 months to sell the damn thing. i don't want it! simply put. i want diva. so now im forced to have to spend the cost of diva and i cant get any money with selling zebra so i have to buy the damn thing new. really might as well call zebra non transferable :roll:
I feel your pain, i did that a few times with U-he and thought it was slightly unnecessary but i think they have legitimate reasons. On the brighter side of things at least they don't charge $50.00 for a transfer fee like Fxpansion does..

V0RT3X wrote:On the brighter side of things at least they don't charge $50.00 for a transfer fee like Fxpansion does..

edit.
Last edited by AstralExistence on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AstralExistence wrote:
why even bother making the license transferable if your going to tell people they have to wait for 9 months to sell the damn thing. i don't want it! simply put. i want diva. so now im forced to have to spend the cost of diva and i cant get any money with selling zebra so i have to buy the damn thing new. really might as well call zebra non transferable :roll:
I have old free soft synths from 2000 that still kick ass. I mean, I completely understand your disappointment and all, but I think an attitude change might get more done for you. Challenge yourself to MAKE Zebra kick ass, have everyone asking what synth you used, because it sounds so incredible. If it worked for Hans Zimmerman not so long ago, it should be alright still.

I'm sorry, I'm in a "suck it up and get the shit done" mood. It's like I'm reading about someone complaining that they can't build the next house until they get the fancy next generation hammer. Although I'm sure the new hammer is nice, I don't think it's necessary. Get back to work. :-x

Omnisphere. Somebody had to say it.

bbaggins wrote:Omnisphere. Somebody had to say it.
very pricy but i would completely agree.

I've never really connected with "warm" as a descriptor for sounds. But for silky smooth pads, I've never found anything that sounds better than an MKS-70. And in software, Diva gets my vote.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

For CPU friendly and warm/fuzzy, I usually turn to FabFilter Twin2.

BDeep wrote:For CPU friendly and warm/fuzzy, I usually turn to FabFilter Twin2.

Twin2 is pretty great! I wonder if Fabfilter will ever release Twin3

V0RT3X wrote:
BDeep wrote:For CPU friendly and warm/fuzzy, I usually turn to FabFilter Twin2.

Twin2 is pretty great! I wonder if Fabfilter will ever release Twin3
It is! If it's the "softest and warmest in existence" is open for debate, but it's great synth nonetheless. I think they will release a Twin3, they seem to be open for feature suggestions on their forums, so my guess is that it will be a matter of time. But then again, who knows what's on their roadmap first.

absolute softest and warmest synth in existence?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

deastman wrote:I've never really connected with "warm" as a descriptor for sounds. But for silky smooth pads, I've never found anything that sounds better than an MKS-70. And in software, Diva gets my vote.
Matrix-12 tops the MKS-70/JX8/JX10, but, I'm not sure that's in the OP's budget, and well, warm, I don't know about that. Waldorf Microwave is an interesting alternative that creates unique pads, again, not really warm. The king of warmth is probably a Jupiter 8 or a rev 1 or 2 (not 3) prophet 5. I think the Jupiter 6 kicks ass and is a great choice for a fairly complex but not poorly made vintage synth. Juno 60s have a great filter, but are very simple.

For uniqueness and truly interesting, I'd go for a polymoog or a Voyetra 8. Neither is for the faint of heart however.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Just read the first post a bit more carefully: "crystal/glass sounding as im looking for." For that, I just might turn to Diversion.

Return to “Instruments”