Best value synth you've bought?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Albino

electro wrote:
Ingonator wrote:For Xils Lab Synthix there was a great discount wjhen it was released (group buy + additional discount for existing customers) and i really love that synth.
The XILS Synthix is a monster also bought at intro discount. So many options and possibilities with that thing, but it requires mastery.
I wish Synthix had a different copy protection...

Hardware: KORG Radias
Software: Synplant, Helix
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Microtonic - So versatile
I think Phonec will prove to be very useful too. I'm putting that into more and more new projects.

Reaktor.

It seems like people have a really different measure of "value". Isn't that a value for money you've spent?

If I spent a 500$ for one synth, it must be a really, *really*, great synth. Spectrasonics stuff is not that. Compared to Korg Legacy bundle especially. You can't even compare these. On the other hand , I can only absolutely agree with Native Instrements Komplete being a really great value for the money because for 500 euro you get so so much stuff it's "kompletely" overwhelming. 500 euro well spend. And then you have just one Spectrasonics Omnisphere synth for 500$. There's no comparison in my mind. Spectrasonics synths are all so vastly overrated and expensive for no particular reason. Yes, I'm not a Spectrasonics fanboi at all. You don't need to tell me that. I don't like all the companies who overprice their software just because they're popular or simply put "established" as an "industry standard" especially [that's complete BS for keeping the monopoly going in my slang].

Actually, when I read a post by some Spectrasonics fan I usually just think "oh boy, he paid so much money for an average sounding synth, he must justify that somehow." I don't like Native Instruments either but man you get so much for 500 Euro. You have to be completely brain depleted to not see it.
Last edited by DuX on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

MUX! It's like having a mini-reaktor! :wink:

DuX wrote:It seems like people have a really different measure of "value". Isn't that a value for money you've spent?

If I spent a 500$ for one synth, it must be a really, *really*, great synth. Spectrasonics stuff is not that. Compared to Korg Legacy bundle especially. You can't even compare these. On the other hand , I can only absolutely agree with Native Instrements Komplete being a really great value for the money because for 500 euro you get so so much stuff it's "kompletely" overwhelming. 500 euro well spend. And then you have just one Spectrasonics Omnisphere synth for 500$. There's no comparison in my mind. Spectrasonics synths are all so vastly overrated and expensive for no particular reason. Yes, I'm not a Spectrasonics fanboi at all. You don't need to tell me that. I don't like all the companies who overprice their software just because they're popular or simply put "established" as an "industry standard" especially [that's complete BS for keeping the monopoly going in my slang].

Actually, when I read a post by some Spectrasonics fan I usually just think "oh boy, he paid so much money for an average sounding synth, he must justify that somehow." I don't like Native Instruments either but man you get so much for 500 Euro. You have to be completely brain depleted to not see it.
So, it's not average sounding for dozens of professionals including Oscar-winning composers and guys who work on platinum-selling records, but it's average sounding for a no-name amateur from KVR. Eric Persing must be shedding tears.

Luckily, nobody cares about your opinion.
Last edited by Cimbasso on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tricky-Loops wrote:MUX! It's like having a mini-reaktor! :wink:
Yes, MUX and MuLab are GREAT value for money indeed. Great investment too because of the free regular free updates.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

gone
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Do you mean best value synth or best-value synth?

Zebra. It's the synth that almost always kick-starts a new tune. I love that it has a blank slate to begin with (depending on what your "default" looks like, obviously). It politely invites me to do some experimentation - do you remember this osc fx module? Haven't you been neglecting the comb filter recently? Why not see what the XMF is up to today? Let's get into some FM, shall we, sir? - without ever being overwhelming.

The result: I've got at least 400 patches in my personal folder, from ludicrously complex to simple. The inspiration it has delivered is priceless, and that's one reason why it's the best value for me.

The other is U-He's dedication to the longevity of their products. With FXPansion, for example, you know you'll be getting top-notch plugins, and you'll also know that there's usually no hope for ongoing development. In U-He's case, you're purchasing a product that will keep on growing. Who knows what Zebra 3 will bring? This is the one VSTi that my son will probably get to know (in its 5th iteration, most likely).

The original question I guess was intended to mean best value for you personally, but interpret it however you like!

RP Preditor Player for $19 and SynthMaster Player for $19 and Rapture, also $19
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Reaktor, Alchemy, and FM7/8.

Seems to be a trend for the first two, eh?

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Return to “Instruments”