Waves Vitamin (Sonic enhancer)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vitamin Sonic Enhancer

Waves Vitamin

Waves Vitamin is a multiband harmonic enhancer and tone-shaping plugin that can make any track sound powerful and full of spark by mixing an enriched version with the original signal.

With its zero-latency processing, Vitamin caters to studio and live mix engineers alike. Used as an insert on any track or buss, Vitamin instantly delivers a warm, vital result that is comparable to what you would get from a parallel chain of EQ, compression and saturation processors, but without the hassle.

Vitamin’s controls are intuitive, easy to use and immediately responsive, letting you smooth or accentuate punchiness and dynamics, determine the crossover frequency points between the plugin's five bands, and control the mix of the direct signal with its enhanced version. To top it all off, when Vitamin is in stereo mode, each band has a width control that lets you create wider sound images or make room for a vocal right in front of the mix – a great tool for mastering.

Whether used on vocals, guitars, synths, drums or an entire mix, Vitamin opens up the sound in a way that truly complements and enhances the original signal, ensuring your tracks get the nutrients they need.
  • Parallel multiband harmonic enhancer with five individual bands
  • Control over the crossover frequency points between bands
  • Control over the mix of the direct signal with the enhanced version
  • Per-band stereo width control
  • Punch control for smoothing or accentuating punchiness and dynamics
  • Zero-latency processing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRWWPPnGGOQ

Sounds like what some of their signature series plugins already do, but a bit more comprehensive.

are they seriously just taking a dump and a new plugin appears? cause that what it seems like sometimes.

Waves' version of SlickHDR?
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

Multiband harmonic exciter? I can see this ending badly…

However, it looks as though it's included not just in the Mercury bundle but Gold, Platinum and up.

AstralExistence wrote:are they seriously just taking a dump and a new plugin appears? cause that what it seems like sometimes.
As they did the 64bit port and the work to dump iLok some time ago, they've probably got a bit more time to spend on the plugins themselves.
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Repackaged C6?

I hate you waves! :lol:

Can't access the site.

I hate it that Waves more and more describe their plugins only stating "they do some magic". Won't buy it unless they say what it does.

CableChannel wrote:I hate it that Waves more and more describe their plugins only stating "they do some magic". Won't buy it unless they say what it does.

this is exactly what i mean by shitting out plugs. i could be wrong, but some of there plugins seems to really not do anything other then lighten someones wallet. even waves themselves have a hard time trying to explain what it actually does clandestine in market speak.

CableChannel wrote:I hate it that Waves more and more describe their plugins only stating "they do some magic". Won't buy it unless they say what it does.
It compresses & eqs in several separate bands + controls the stereo spread. H.

They explain it well, but demo videos like that looks like made to appeal for "hot" bimbos.
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

AstralExistence wrote:

this is exactly what i mean by shitting out plugs. i could be wrong, but some of there plugins seems to really not do anything other then lighten someones wallet. even waves themselves have a hard time trying to explain what it actually does clandestine in market speak.
The key to waves plugs are to demo, and see for yourself. I haven't yet. I'm sure the introductory price will be in effect for a while and I'm in the middle of learning geist right now. So far, every wave plug I've had brought something to the table. YMMV

Harry_HH wrote:
It compresses & eqs in several separate bands + controls the stereo spread. H.
well couldn't the same be done with a multiband compressor, eq, and image processor and in doing so give the user the actual choice of what plugins they want to use vs just using one plugin.

:shrug:

Maybe. Maybe not as easily.

Return to “Effects”