My new atmospheric moody composition.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a new piece of music I have just submitted to audiojungle. It's a bit chill a bit sentimental & a bit moody.

https://soundcloud.com/mechanism_music/ ... -your-mind

Works really great. Good choice/blend of sounds. Nice composition
too.
The drums could have been a little more present IMO, but
it far from prevented me from enjoying it.

Well done :clap:

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Thanks for the great comments and the encouragement...

and glad you like it :)

a very good track, but the drums really should be a little louder. :tu:

Nice, however there are two things I don't like:
- From the very beginning sounds feels a bit lo-fi. Could be on purpose, but still not my taste.
- Low side seems to be too heavy and clutters the whole piece.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

astrochimp wrote:a very good track, but the drums really should be a little louder. :tu:
Thanks...

That's two that have mentioned the drums. I am still tinkering with the panning and a couple of the sounds, so I'll have a listen to the drums again.

I tend to push the beats back to allow more space for other sounds. I could maybe reduce the reverb a bit to give them more presence without them overpowering the mix, or just whack 'em up a notch ;)

Listening now...
I'm enjoying this a lot, but contrary to the other comments I find the drums just right :shrug:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:Listening now...
I'm enjoying this a lot, but contrary to the other comments I find the drums just right :shrug:
Thanks for listening.
It's swings and roundabouts... I know getting a good mix of sounds is important, but instruments still fight for attention and sometimes I just like beats to just keep time and a rhythm in the background.
I like the comment by the French band 'Air', where they have finished a song and then thought... we forgot about the drums! It's opposite to the way most music is approached nowadays where beats take a front row seat...
I was a 70's teen so grew up with music that had a slightly different approach to drumming and I think I'm still living there :wink:

Retro... nice... carpenter... Why don't you put buy link to your audiojungle page? You can do that on sound cloud

I have a link to audiojungle on my profile page, but yes good idea, I should put a buy link on each individual track.

I'll sort that later, thanks for the suggestion.

I found it an enjoyable piece of music to listen to.
Well compositionally crafted, paced.
The drums are right with my taste.
I do feel you try too much to fill space with pads and other cluttering sound, in some sections.
That all makes it sound overly thick when I feel it should sound lite within an airy, open space.
Finding and preserving it`s essence while eliminating what is not necessary, will always improve focus.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:I found it an enjoyable piece of music to listen to.
Well compositionally crafted, paced.
The drums are right with my taste.
I do feel you try too much to fill space with pads and other cluttering sound, in some sections.
That all makes it sound overly thick when I feel it should sound lite within an airy, open space.
Finding and preserving it`s essence while eliminating what is not necessary, will always improve focus.
Thanks for listening.
I come from a prog background so I have a tendency towards all systems go ;)
Yes it could be a little less padded out. I do usually go back after a while, with new ears, and notice where I can make changes - that's probably the same for most of us!

Very annoying: "Audio Jungle" ... "Audio Jungle" ... "Audio Jungle" ... "Audio Jungle" ... "Audio Jungle" ... "Audio Jungle" ... "Audio Jungle" ... "Audio Jungle" ...

Return to “Music Cafe”