IKMM keeps deleting my post on their forum when I ask about...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...their current BOGO "Sell-abration". It seems IKMM has raised the prices on some of their products for this promotion!

About 2 weeks ago, I was going to use my JamPoints to get a CSR Reverb, which was 40 credits. Now, it's 50 credits! And every time I ask about the discrepancy on IKMM's own forum, my post gets deleted! I know it gets posted because I see it and I get an e-mail notification if anyone else posts on that thread. But every time I go back, my post is gone!

Anyone else having this problem? I didn't know where to ask about it on KVR, since IKMM doesn't have a forum here. But I know this isn't just a "glitch" that's causing this. I'm sure IKMM would rather I didn't mention this, but a simple explanation (if there was one) about the price increase would do a lot more good than deleting my posts each time. It's not like I can't post them on other sites. :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Well, they did it again.

Am I the only one who's noticed the price hike now that the sale is going on, or am I the only one getting his posts deleted?

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

wouldnt surprise me, its not really the sort of thing they are going to admit to or want on their forum.
its a common sales technique. A little bit shady, but common.

Ive noticed quite a few posts go missing on the IK sampletank threads here too.

gamecat666 wrote:wouldnt surprise me, its not really the sort of thing they are going to admit to or want on their forum.
its a common sales technique. A little bit shady, but common.

Ive noticed quite a few posts go missing on the IK sampletank threads here too.
Well, that's disappointing. I've been a longtime IKMM customer, but this is a bit much to accept. They could have at least contacted me privately to tell me what was going on. Frankly, I was hoping it was just a misunderstanding, and we'd straighten it out the way civilized adults do. My posts didn't violate any forum rules, and I don't harbor any ill-will toward them (so far).

Maybe I need to call more attention to this....

Steve

I can understand them not wanting this trumpeted from the rooftops, but on the other hand, screwing with a customer to keep it on the down low is really scummy, if that's what's actually happening.

I'd personally never deal with a company that practiced these things.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I've made my share of experiences with IK, and the summary is:
They hallow you like Jesus as long as your wallet can be milked.
All friendly laughs and shiny smiles, group-buy this and get free that.
As soon as your wallet is beginning to dry, they just don't care anymore.

Their public forum hustlers are agressive posters, they'll do anything to mis-quote you and slip in and out of the "misunderstood underdog" or "infallible divinity" roles from post to post as it suits them, just to turn things around and make you look like you're the asshole.

Complaining via eMail is no use, they'll just stop replying when it gets uncomfortable.

Walk away with your head held high.
Learn your lesson, pay the price.
Sit back, enjoy their show.
The good times are over.
Let it go.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Similar thing happened to me with the Wusik sub-forum with WilliamK here - he simply deleted several posts. And I only made some suggestions to help him!

Now I'll stop my support. Wusikstation will be the last thing I've bought from him, I'll never buy something from him again! :x

I doubt they'll change until their sales start dropping. Just don't buy anything from them from now on and send a small message.

They want money, they rise or lower the prices of their products when they want. Surprising.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

I don't know what to say about IK. I own a ton of their stuff and I'm not sure I'd be happy parting with any of it.

BTW, they did raise their prices recently. They also only allow up to 30% of your jam points now. I mean, I can get all mad about it but what good does it do?

hibidy wrote:I don't know what to say about IK. I own a ton of their stuff and I'm not sure I'd be happy parting with any of it.

BTW, they did raise their prices recently. They also only allow up to 30% of your jam points now. I mean, I can get all mad about it but what good does it do?
Good points, everyone. I've heard about this happening with other vendors and forums, but I've never experienced it first-hand.

I'm in the same boat as you, hibidy. I'd rather not dump all their stuff, but I also don't care to be treated this way. I asked a simple question in their forum. I wasn't implying anything. But if they're going to keep "shushing" me and trying to put me in a corner, well...to take a line from Dirty Dancing, "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" (Erm, well...you get my point.)

And yes, I also noticed they only allow 30% of your JamPoints in any one purchase now. What good are these damn JamPoints at this point?

I guess they're hurting for cash, which would explain a lot of this. It's too bad, because they would have gotten some of mine when SampleTank 3 came out.

I guess I'll also ask around in the Cakewalk forum, and on all the other music-production forums I'm a member of, just to see how many other people have had this experience...and to share the love about a company I used to defend and support.

Steve

planetearth wrote:
I guess I'll also ask around in the Cakewalk forum, and on all the other music-production forums I'm a member of, just to see how many other people have had this experience...and to share the love about a company I used to defend and support.

Steve
Exactly, why not turn it into a big campaign. That'll make you feel better.

samsam!

samsam wrote:
planetearth wrote:

Steve
Exactly, why not turn it into a big campaign. That'll make you feel better.
It won't make me feel better. I'd rather just find out what's going on with IKMM, but they keep deleting my posts to hide what they're doing, apparently. I was not looking to be a problem for them. But if a company is screwing over its customers, I think it's in the customer's best interest to be warned, don't you?

Again, I've been a loyal IKMM customer for YEARS, but they can't even be bothered to answer me privately and tell me what's going on, and that's very disappointing.

Steve

planetearth wrote: But if a company is screwing over its customers, I think it's in the customer's best interest to be warned, don't you?

Steve
Yes I do and I think posting on the biggest (?) forum, KVR, is an excellent idea. I'd have probably posted in Effects section which I imagine has a bigger impact than here. And I'd maybe keep the thread going til I got an answer. I was talking about taking it to other forums which to me is overkill and smacks of a campaign, something in this case I personally wouldn't bother with.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”