DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:31 pm My hope is:

* there will be still support for Dune 2 and its gui will be scalable
That's pretty unlikely. Once a product goes into a next major version, the earlier versions are usually "retired" at some point (often at launch of the next major version). That said, while Synapse may offer support in some capacity for Dune 2, I doubt they'll put the dev time and resources into adding features. That's what Dune 3 is for. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

prev versions only get bug fixes if the product is still for sale

Whywhy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:58 pm My hope about Dune3:

* Mpe with user curves.
* comb filter with feedback and keytracking
* full fm cross modulation between all voices/ engines
* more mseg's
* more filters, analog and more exotic styles
* innovative wavetable editor and creator
* more fx slot with a mixer per layer routing
* drag and drop modulation assign or another system.
* phase distortion, wave shaping possibility
* midi channels per layers.
i think you get about 3 of those

EnochLight wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:43 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:31 pm My hope is:

* there will be still support for Dune 2 and its gui will be scalable
That's pretty unlikely. Once a product goes into a next major version, the earlier versions are usually "retired" at some point (often at launch of the next major version). That said, while Synapse may offer support in some capacity for Dune 2, I doubt they'll put the dev time and resources into adding features. That's what Dune 3 is for. ;)
Witch is a shame, because some older products are great on theyr own. I have a feeling Dune 3 will be more like a new synth then Dune 2 and as i understand sound difference will be there (like Dune 1 and 2). im pretty sure Dune 2 will still be good and might be a preference for some over Dune 3 :) And thats why its a such a shame to see modernisation features being not implamented.

p.s. A big plus again for U-he and for not abandoning its flagships. Also can add kv331 to that list :)

D3 loads D2 presets, maybe you missed that bit. So D3 sounds exactly the same as D2 if you want it to, but has new stuff too. I wouldn't call that abandoning anything. In fact, it sounds exactly like what you are after.

ETA .... maybe?

AnX wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:36 pm D3 loads D2 presets, maybe you missed that bit. So D3 sounds exactly the same as D2 if you want it to, but has new stuff too. I wouldn't call that abandoning anything. In fact, it sounds exactly like what you are after.
Ah ok, well im curious for the final result. Will it replace DLLs?

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:38 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:36 pm D3 loads D2 presets, maybe you missed that bit. So D3 sounds exactly the same as D2 if you want it to, but has new stuff too. I wouldn't call that abandoning anything. In fact, it sounds exactly like what you are after.
Ah ok, well im curious for the final result. Will it replace DLLs?
no

Return to “Instruments”