DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

murnau wrote:..trying to start a debate about where the middle C is or which octave is the first on a kybd-gui is funny to say it friendly.
You find it funny, I find weird the way DUNE has it. I just asked why it's like that. My controller doesn't allow octave up and down, it has exactly the same number of keys like DUNE 2 and they don't correspond.

If you're not interested in the subject, why stand in my way? You really know what's good and not good to ask here?

Kriminal wrote:I fail to see the point of a kybd (and PB/MW) on the gui. Everyone must have a controller...unless you're a non-musician
I find virtual GUI keyboards really useful for testing. For example, if for some reason there is no sound when playing the midi keyboard clicking the virtual GUI keyboard will quickly tell me if it's the plugin or not. I suppose this could be done with the keyboard in the piano roll, but, a GUI-keyboard is just quicker and more convenient to use.

However, it would be good to have a 'hide keyboard' button.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote:
Kriminal wrote:I fail to see the point of a kybd (and PB/MW) on the gui. Everyone must have a controller...unless you're a non-musician
I find virtual GUI keyboards really useful for testing. For example, if for some reason there is no sound when playing the midi keyboard clicking the virtual GUI keyboard will quickly tell me if it's the plugin or not. I suppose this could be done with the keyboard in the piano roll, but, a GUI-keyboard is just quicker and more convenient to use.

However, it would be good to have a 'hide keyboard' button.
I always have a controller infront of me, so never use the gui kybd. If all else fails i use the qwerty kybd. For testing and patch building, real keys are a must. I can use the mouse to alter params while still playing keys.

Kriminal wrote:Everyone must have a controller...unless you're a non-musician
:lol: :clap:

Kriminal wrote:
I always have a controller infront of me.
So do I.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Dune 2 sounds absolutely great. Still, turning on multicore makes the asio-meter jittery resulting in crackles and pops. I have a i5 2500k, rme-9632 running at 256 samples buffer size.

Lush-101 and Diva runs fine using multicore support.
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

pepelogu wrote:Dune 2 sounds absolutely great. Still, turning on multicore makes the asio-meter jittery resulting in crackles and pops. I have a i5 2500k, rme-9632 running at 256 samples buffer size.

Really strange because on my not overly powerful AMD computer Dune seems very optimized, while Diva is causing problems, especially when run at the same quality level.

e@rs wrote:
murnau wrote:..trying to start a debate about where the middle C is or which octave is the first on a kybd-gui is funny to say it friendly.
You find it funny, I find weird the way DUNE has it. I just asked why it's like that. My controller doesn't allow octave up and down, it has exactly the same number of keys like DUNE 2 and they don't correspond.

If you're not interested in the subject, why stand in my way? You really know what's good and not good to ask here?
you dont understand that not dune but your controller is the problem (if it's a problem in this context: no up/down octave :lol:). you mix things up because you don't understand it. i reply because you can learn something or not: it's up to you. "dune act weird"??? because kybd-gui start with C0 instead of C1? do you even know what you talking about? C0 is regular. whats your problem? you can't even say it. it doesn't matter that your kybd dont correspond with the dune2 gui. why it should? you play on your kybd and you are sad because they don't corresppond with the gui. :lol:
Last edited by murnau on Sun May 04, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

e@rs wrote:

This has been an issue since the Midi Spec was conceived. The spec only says that middle C is note number 60. Some manufacturers start with C0 some with C1 so there has always been some confusion. Most if not all 61 key midi controllers default to the first C key being set to send note number 36.
http://www.arlington.plus.com/sub-pages ... 0names.htm
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

pepelogu wrote:Dune 2 sounds absolutely great. Still, turning on multicore makes the asio-meter jittery resulting in crackles and pops. I have a i5 2500k, rme-9632 running at 256 samples buffer size.

Try 512 instead of 256.
I use a core2duo. 2.8ghz cpu, mac.
I'm getting the lowest cpu usage of any synth I own as long as the multi-core is on.
Without multi-core it is rather high and jumpy though.
An i5 and your having problems? Are you running memory intensive programs in the background? Turn those off and see if it helps.

Small error in the description of patch "Eagle Lead":

"MW: vibrato" should be: "MW: Filter cutoff".

e@rs wrote:
:lol: :clap:
Funny, I always thought people who don't make music can only be classified as non musicians :? Ask successful singers or instrument players what a midi keyboard or controller is :dog: . Someone who already makes music but thinks I have a controller so I must be a musician :lol: Why not go further and say anyone who uses loops, presets or aren't serious enough about music to have lots of hardware aren't musicians.. total BS outlook :roll:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Don't get the discussion about the need of the GUI keyboard. Either it has it or it doesn't. And if it does, then i assume that the dev assumed that it would be of use. And if he has implemented it, it's gotta work, and behave as expected. If it doesn't, there's a need to fix it. ASAT.

A judicial controller, perhaps ? :P

Krakatau wrote:
A judicial controller, perhaps ? :P
I have a phat controller.

Return to “Instruments”