Support Kitty Brucknell's album

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gamma-UT wrote:
jancivil wrote: So you find it appropriate to join him in telling people what people are.
It's an observation.

It's amusing if not a little bizarre to see someone who spends thread after thread after thread hating this or that then turn round and declare "I am not a hater".
Yeah, ya know there is an actual context here that remark is placed in. Why don't you address the things? I already made that distinction, vis a vis Hink's 'you are haters, hate is toxic, you are weak in your hate', confusing the issue of hating, in my case a specific thing in music which I described, with 'you are this, you are a hater'. But no, go on, make a remark at a person. And your assessment is I think not accurate but your bizarre perception. Thread after thread, hating? I think I once had at something you said, is what this is about really.
So, yeah, take that tack, it's a great look for you. The word (now so useful in service of having at a person) cannot be nuanced, I can't make that distinction.

Thanks for sharing. Def time for a lock when people go at people per se (rather than argue their idea of things. You're the one in this bit that could be more scrupulous).

jancivil wrote:Yeah, ya know there is an actual context here that remark is placed in. Why don't you address the things? I already made that distinction, vis a vis Hink's 'you are haters, hate is toxic, you are weak in your hate', confusing the issue of hating, in my case a specific thing in music which I described, with 'you are this, you are a hater'. But no, go on, make a remark at a person. And your assessment is I think not accurate. Thread after thread, hating. So, yeah, take that tack, it's a great look for you. The word (now so useful in service of having at a person) cannot be nuanced, I can't make that distinction.

Thanks for sharing. Def time for a lock when people go at people per se (rather than argue their idea of things. You're the one in this bit that could be more scrupulous).
Address what? The value in piling on to someone for trying to get funding for an album together? Does that justify the level of toxicity when, in reality, even if the album is funded most will probably never even notice its arrival? I find it hard to disagree with Hink's point in that context.

It's up to you what you hate, how you hate. Go ahead, attack the messenger. But don't try to dress it up as some kind of valued service to humanity that deserves a different term.

It wasn't an observation, it is your opinion. I think my remarks are not what you're saying they are. I don't think your message to me is anything, I think the way you're framing your remarks now is arrogant and dishonest. Address what? The actual things I said! What toxicity, from me? Where is it? Point it out. You're telling a story about it having never done!
Where is the difficulty??

I'm not saying it's any great service to humanity. That's a distortion. Why would you do that?
You're the one acting like your remarks, focused on me, is you teaching me something. I'm not abashed by it, sorry. All you're saying is you have a problem with me.
Last edited by jancivil on Wed May 14, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote:I'm not saying it's any service to humanity. You're the one acting like your remarks, focused on me, is you teaching me something.
I doubt that very much. Expecting to teach you something would be a fool's errand.

Gamma-UT wrote:
jancivil wrote:I'm not saying it's any service to humanity. You're the one acting like your remarks, focused on me, is you teaching me something.
I doubt that very much. Expecting to teach you something would be a fool's errand.
"Don't shoot the messenger." It's right there.
So do project your arrogance onto me? I've evidently been taught many things, and I was always humble to music. I went into 'training' expecting to be criticized all the time. I never talked smack to my instructors. You vis a vis me, is not that. Sorry.
Last edited by jancivil on Wed May 14, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote:"Don't shoot the messenger." It's right there.
So do project your arrogance onto me.
Given that you've spent probably half the thread bellyaching about someone implying you are a hater, don't you think the messenger might be someone else? Yeah, it could be me. But who cares? You'll still work yourself into a lather over it.

"bellyaching about someone implying you are a hater"

No, that's yet another distortion. In service of what, a little pissy fight you want to get going with me?
Hink has been at everyone that has something other than positive to say about music is a hater. There is a whole context you are willing to dismiss in order for this shot at me. "Who cares?" How many posts now about nothing in the thread but me. Have a look at your mirror.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”