Support Kitty Brucknell's album

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Doug1978 wrote:^^ thanks Pascal, but for me she isn't anything special.

Also, thanks: you've made your thread and directed us to her links. We can now judge for ourselves whether we like her or not.
But you'd honestly be better letting this thread go now, rather than trying to force your fan-love onto other people at KVR. (It will backfire and could end up looking like spam).

Or to put it another way, what's to stop the other hundreds of KVR members also starting up threads to support their favourite artists and drowning the entire site with fan requests?

Thanks for the thread, now let it breath by itself.
In a previous reply I said I didn't want to respond to the X Factor part. The comments about X Factor kept on coming in, so gave my opinion on these.
But you are right. Everything that needs to be said is said.

Cool - no worries.

Whilst for me she doesn't stand out, there's also no reason for me not to wish her luck with her campaign. Good luck!

PascalVB wrote:
robojam wrote:
PascalVB wrote:I didn't post here to start a discussion about X Factor, but just to mention the fact that this campaign exists for those who are interested :)

But I respect your opinion.
I'm sure you didn't, but on a forum of musicians I don't think you're going to find sympathy for someone who tried to take a short cut to the top and failed. Kudos to her for making it through the selection process, but I wouldn't support her simply because of the path she took to get where she is - I would support her if she was good. I hear a lot of mediocrity in the links, but nothing that would make me go out and buy her music. Her being on a TV show doesn't change my decision that the music is not for me and I'm not sure many other people here would.
So musicians can only respect those who were lucky enough to be picked up by a record label (extremely rare these days for non-EDM artists) or maybe even only those who do not get signed at all?
Not at all - you're saying that as if I suggested there is some kind of rule about who musicians like or dislike. There certainly seems to be an aversion from many musicians to the notion of taking someone, shaping them and spitting them out as a product. Sure, it's worked in the past and produced some great end results, but when many of us take the long, hard slog to get there it's not likely that we would be instantly drawn to the artists who make it onto a prime time TV show with a record deal as the carrot on the end of the stick.

I saw her antics on the X Factor and just thought she was a nutter. So much drama, week after week. She's not somebody I'd want to be around. Not someone I'd want to support financially. If something is truly great, who cares if it started on x-factor? I don't. The stumbling block for me is Kitty herself.

Not a great vocal here either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWVMwZeGcpQ
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Without putting too fine a point on it, that's a pretty awful vocal. If you're going to put your voice up front and center you really need to put in a better performance than that.

Her eye makeup :(
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

btw support Phoebe Jo Brown (from the X Factor group HOPE)
Finally!

If there's a female vocalist from the UK that I like the most, it's Sophie Ellis-Baxtor! :love:

She has a great voice and her British accent is astonishing! :tu:

Another good singer is Kate Victoria „KT“ Tunstall! 8)

sorry I have thrown all my support dollars to that amazing Aloysius dude that Kaine was ramming down our throats last month.

No.

I don't think she's a good singer. She can just about sing softy softy I-wrote-this-in-my-bedroom-with-me-guitar slimy 13 in a dozen love songs.. just about.

She made it to the semi because she was a nut case drama queen. She re-invented herself about three times in the short lifespan of the show, but unfortunately the voice stayed the same.. severely lacking in all areas.
Last edited by spaceman on Mon May 12, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLMc5ApgPoU

Terrible vocals and the dancers are hilariously out of sync :lol:
It's like a school performance of a bunch of 10 year olds.

jancivil wrote:Yeah, somebody goes on this show and is entitled to a lucrative record contract
Lucrative?

spaceman wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLMc5ApgPoU

Terrible vocals and the dancers are hilariously out of sync :lol:
It's like a school performance of a bunch of 10 year olds.
The dancers are indeed crap.
But terrible vocals? It may not be studio quality after numerous takes and some Melodyne, but I've heard a LOT worse live from well known "super stars". Katy Perry for example is pure crap live.

spaceman wrote:
No.

I don't think she's a good singer. She can just about sing softy softy I-wrote-this-in-my-bedroom-with-me-guitar slimy 13 in a dozen love songs.. just about.

She made it to the semi because she was a nut case drama queen. She re-invented herself about three times in the short lifespan of the show, but unfortunately the voice stayed the same.. severely lacking in all areas.
One of the reasons why you don't like her ("nut case drama queen") is actually the reason why I like her. I like people who are completely over the top.
But I can understand many hate her for that aspect.

PascalVB wrote: One of the reasons why you don't like her ("nut case drama queen") is actually the reason why I like her. I like people who are completely over the top.
But I can understand many hate her for that aspect.
I don't hate her. Why would I hate her? But do you remember her audition? That's why I don't care about her. She's one of those people who think they are destined for world wide fame and adulation, and they'll try anything to get there, even if it's putting on some act in a televised audition.

To be honest, she redeemed herself by becoming more normal as the show went along. But unfortunately, she's just not talented enough to make it.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”