What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

tribute to Vangelis "Corsica" ; feedback wanted :-)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Gucky
KVRAF

1568 posts since 26 Sep, 2004

Postby Gucky; Thu May 08, 2014 8:45 pm tribute to Vangelis "Corsica" ; feedback wanted :-)

The new Dune 2 synth has a very nice vangelis style lead sound.
That gave me the idea to the new song "Corsica".
The synths I used are Dune 2 for the lead sound, Saurus for sequences, Tubeohm Bruno 2
for strings and Kontakt 5.

Here it is:
https://soundcloud.com/musikus/corsica

I would be happy about your feedback. :-)
Gucky
KVRAF

Postby Gucky; Sat May 10, 2014 10:28 am Re: tribute to Vangelis "Corsica" ; feedback wanted :-)

Bump for your feedback. :-)
Genetic_Junk
KVRAF

2499 posts since 21 Dec, 2004

Postby Genetic_Junk; Sun May 11, 2014 6:53 pm Re: tribute to Vangelis "Corsica" ; feedback wanted :-)

Nice snappy sequence from Suarus. My favorite part is around 2:16 when the lead comes to the front. The lead timbre is reminiscent of the opening lead in Bladerunner. Do you sequence with a mouse or do you play the parts on a midi controller or both?
Gucky
KVRAF

Postby Gucky; Sun May 11, 2014 10:28 pm Re: tribute to Vangelis "Corsica" ; feedback wanted :-)

Hi Genetic_Junk,
the complete sequence is a preset from Saurus. :-)
SCprogfan
KVRist

93 posts since 9 Feb, 2013

Postby SCprogfan; Mon May 12, 2014 6:28 am Re: tribute to Vangelis "Corsica" ; feedback wanted :-)

This is great! Really enjoyed it, and it builds nicely to a perfect ending. Nice work!
Genetic_Junk
KVRAF

2499 posts since 21 Dec, 2004

Postby Genetic_Junk; Mon May 12, 2014 12:20 pm Re: tribute to Vangelis "Corsica" ; feedback wanted :-)

Sorry. I meant generally in your DAW how do you input MIDI? I mostly use a mouse, but I'll sometimes play a drum pattern on the MDI keyboard and edit the MIDI recording.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe