Ideabox

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e-crooner wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:44 am I think such a sync on/off switch would be a minor update. He added the swing feature to the arp some time ago, that is at the same level I think.
The thing is you don't know if it's a couple of lines of code or a couple of weeks of coding. Other people have long standing feature requests that have never been implemented.

I'm happy to call Sylenth 1 finished but I'd hate to see Lennard's talent just vanish from the scene for whatever reason.

I'd much rather see something new from Lennard than just minor tweaks to S1 that really don't expand the range of sounds S1 can make.

If nobody has money for plugins these days it's not just going to affect Lennard. Development on other plugins hasn't stopped and in fact we've seen some new ones pop up during this period.

It seems like business goes on so I don't think the current situation is a valid reason to just give up. There may be personal reasons like a day job or family obligations etc but that's a whole different story.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:39 am The thing is you don't know if it's a couple of lines of code or a couple of weeks of coding. Other people have long standing feature requests that have never been implemented.

I'm happy to call Sylenth 1 finished but I'd hate to see Lennard's talent just vanish from the scene for whatever reason.

I'd much rather see something new from Lennard than just minor tweaks to S1 that really don't expand the range of sounds S1 can make.

If nobody has money for plugins these days it's not just going to affect Lennard. Development on other plugins hasn't stopped and in fact we've seen some new ones pop up during this period.

It seems like business goes on so I don't think the current situation is a valid reason to just give up. There may be personal reasons like a day job or family obligations etc but that's a whole different story.
I think a global desync button would be nice, a button that enforces all set rates (LFO, phaser, delay etc.) regardless of bpm. There is a sync button at the top already, but it doesn't do what it should in my view.

I think the main reason why he doesn't add new features is because he would have to ask all skin makers to update their skins. And maybe even pay for it.

Yes, there are new plugins, but who knows whether people actually buy them? And I suppose many of those plugins had already been in the pipeline before the pandemic hit us. So why give up half way through development...

Here they say that economically the worst is yet to come as emergency financial support measures end and many people and businesses will go broke, fire employees etc.

e-crooner wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:37 am I think the main reason why he doesn't add new features is because he would have to ask all skin makers to update their skins. And maybe even pay for it.
Well if he adds major new features in sufficient quality and quantity he could make it a paid update so that would cover the cost for Mikael to update his skins.

If he only adds minor tweaks that don't require skin changes then he might as well call Sylenth 1 finished and move on to something else.
e-crooner wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:37 amYes, there are new plugins, but who knows whether people actually buy them?
If you've been following some of the new plugin threads it seems like many of them are selling well. Perhaps not as well as they would if we weren't in the current global economic situation but those developers haven't given up. I can tell you some plugins are still in active development.

What better time to work on new things when in quarantine lock down ?
e-crooner wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:37 amHere they say that economically the worst is yet to come as emergency financial support measures end and many people and businesses will go broke, fire employees etc.
Oh I'm seeing some very dire predictions for the future of the world economy but everything you say applies to all developers not just Lennar Digital.

No one else seems to be giving up so it's not a valid excuse for Lennard to give up either. Again if he has no interest in or time for doing major updates to Sylenth that's one thing but using the economic situation would just be a cop out.

Eventually the world economy will rebound. Whether any individual developer survives this period may well depend on on much work they do now.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well, let's see how things will go on. Currently I rarely feel like starting my DAW at all, let alone spend money on plugins while so many people are starving now in Latin America.

Regarding S1, I am more or less content with the way it is, minor updates are enough for me. I don't need wavetables, FM etc. :)

So I haven't reached for Sylenth 1 in any projects for quite some time. I've owned it for years so I guess I got a little burned out on it.
But spurred on by this thread I decided to choose it for synth of the day for a "Patch and Play" session. Just making patches and having a play just for the joy of playing.

I'd forgotten just how glorious S1 can sound. It's not the most feature rich synth on the market by a long shot but it does have a wonderfully pleasing core sound.

Anyway here's the fruits of today session. 16 patches that were great fun to make. Hopefully someone will find them useful :tu: :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Your patches are rather different from mine, hard to believe it is the same synth :)
And they are on the quiet side in terms of db :wink:
Or maybe mine are too loud :hihi: I always aim for Sylenth1's two yellow LED's while preventing the red one from lighting up.
How long did it take you to make 16 patches?

I set mine up to be around -6bd. It only took a couple of hours to make the patches.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:45 am I set mine up to be around -6bd. It only took a couple of hours to make the patches.
Ah ok. In the mix -6db makes sense, but often I just play around with a single patch, that's why I want the LED's to light up like a Christmas tree :hihi:

A fast patcher, I see :)
I often spend an hour or two on a single patch.

You can kind of fake a delay that's not synced to host by using an LFO with a pulse waveform, assign to A and B volume and maybe panning A and B also. The Amp envelope's release has to be dialed in a bit too.

Examigan wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:25 pm You can kind of fake a delay that's not synced to host by using an LFO with a pulse waveform, assign to A and B volume and maybe panning A and B also. The Amp envelope's release has to be dialed in a bit too.
You can also turn off the Sync button at the top in order to turn the two delay timing knobs into continuous value knobs :wink:

I didn't even notice how old the last post was before mine...I just saw it was from 8/2020. Oh well. :)

e-crooner wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:42 pm
Examigan wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:25 pm You can kind of fake a delay that's not synced to host by using an LFO with a pulse waveform, assign to A and B volume and maybe panning A and B also. The Amp envelope's release has to be dialed in a bit too.
You can also turn off the Sync button at the top in order to turn the two delay timing knobs into continuous value knobs :wink:
Yep, I just meant if you didn't want to switch that off.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:45 pm So I haven't reached for Sylenth 1 in any projects for quite some time. I've owned it for years so I guess I got a little burned out on it.
But spurred on by this thread I decided to choose it for synth of the day for a "Patch and Play" session. Just making patches and having a play just for the joy of playing.

I'd forgotten just how glorious S1 can sound. It's not the most feature rich synth on the market by a long shot but it does have a wonderfully pleasing core sound.

Anyway here's the fruits of today session. 16 patches that were great fun to make. Hopefully someone will find them useful :tu: :
Being a new user, I will be glad of these patches. Thanks for making and sharing them. :tu:

My only wish for sylenth1 at present would be to have a better patch browser like u-he's. That one is far superior.

Having patches saved individually instead of in banks makes it so much easier to organise too. As most banks are mostly empty, only using 'button 1' on the display.

There is a second wish actually, I would like a dark version of the halcyon skin. :)

sl23 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:22 pm Having patches saved individually instead of in banks makes it so much easier to organise too. As most banks are mostly empty, only using 'button 1' on the display.
Unless I just don't understand you (?) yes you can save/export separate presets in Sylenth1 (and banks of course).

Return to “LennarDigital”