Mix Challenge - Gossip and Discussion

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry.
Why would you regret asking?
ImageImageImageImage

So is there a consolidated set of instructions? I just want to be able to submit it and have people thrash how bad I am at mixing :hihi:

Do you want your own feedback thread? KVR would be happy to oblige. We'll even give you some Real KVR Feedback if you'd like.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Really good idea to get off the ground. I am certain I will be able to offer material for a multi-track mixing contest, Not just my stuff but that of my close friend and studio 'wife' :hihi: His material is a lot more varied than my own. If you want me to get in touch about this at some point Eric and Compy my friends then just give me a shout. A lot of it is on soundcloud (not so much of my stuff but the person I am talking about) and I am pretty certain that he would like to hear different takes on his own mixes. To save PM'ing right now I'll put a link to his soundcloud and you can tell me which track/tracks that you might be interested in, If any :) https://soundcloud.com/pstevenson

All the best and looking forwards to voting, joining in when possible and being of any help, As always

Dean

kbaccki wrote:Do you want your own feedback thread? KVR would be happy to oblige. We'll even give you some Real KVR Feedback if you'd like.
:roll:

hibidy wrote:So is there a consolidated set of instructions? I just want to be able to submit it and have people thrash how bad I am at mixing :hihi:
All the rules are available in the submission thread. Looking forward to your mix.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5774702
Last edited by satYatunes on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

kbaccki wrote:Do you want your own feedback thread? KVR would be happy to oblige. We'll even give you some Real KVR Feedback if you'd like.
What do you mean by "Real KVR feedback"?

Constructive criticism and feedback are welcome in the submission thread. This is the gossip thread for all general stuff regarding this contest. Submission thread is for submissions and discussions, feedback, review, etc. Would request to keep it civil.
Website | Portfolio

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Really good idea to get off the ground. I am certain I will be able to offer material for a multi-track mixing contest, Not just my stuff but that of my close friend and studio 'wife' :hihi: His material is a lot more varied than my own. If you want me to get in touch about this at some point Eric and Compy my friends then just give me a shout. A lot of it is on soundcloud (not so much of my stuff but the person I am talking about) and I am pretty certain that he would like to hear different takes on his own mixes.
All the best and looking forwards to voting, joining in when possible and being of any help, As always

Dean
Thanks Dean. Appreciate it. Are you not going to join this one?
Website | Portfolio

hibidy wrote:

It was a jokey joke.

satYatunes wrote:
What do you mean by "Real KVR feedback"?

Constructive criticism and feedback are welcome in the submission thread. This is the gossip thread for all general stuff regarding this contest. Submission thread is for submissions and discussions, feedback, review, etc. Would request to keep it civil.
"Would request to keep it civil'. That's the joke. KVR. Civil. Oh never mind.

kbaccki wrote:
hibidy wrote:

It was a jokey joke.
I know, that's why I rolled my eyes :hihi:

hibidy wrote:
kbaccki wrote:
hibidy wrote:

It was a jokey joke.
I know, that's why I rolled my eyes :hihi:
YOOOOOUUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!

:lol:

satYatunes wrote:
Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Really good idea to get off the ground. I am certain I will be able to offer material for a multi-track mixing contest, Not just my stuff but that of my close friend and studio 'wife' :hihi: His material is a lot more varied than my own. If you want me to get in touch about this at some point Eric and Compy my friends then just give me a shout. A lot of it is on soundcloud (not so much of my stuff but the person I am talking about) and I am pretty certain that he would like to hear different takes on his own mixes.

Dean
Thanks Dean. Appreciate it. Are you not going to join this one?
Hello satYatunes, I will definitely join in this first one if I able to. I am taking my two little one's away for a week this Saturday and have a lot on before I go and when I get back...The wicked get no rest. Still seeing as I have sleep problems as in not really getting any I should be able to join in. I did the last one which was mentioned by the compy and came in a bloody lowly third place :lol: and I am always looking to improve for sure, Especially getting the opportunity to have a go at styles that I'm not familiar with and varied is very appealing. Also NineOfKings is a very friendly great guy, So I'd be feeling bad if I didn't manage to have a go at what he has kindly offered (Not that I intend at all to feel important or special in any way with this reply, I mean it from a part of an audio community I love and has and does always give so much) :D

How would everyone feel about 0dBFS digital peak max? I'm concerned that we'll all be turning in low mixes and having people judge them against commercial mixes.

Also, thoughts on main buss compression? Are we allowing it?
Last edited by Uncle E on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Production Techniques”