Realibanjo Keeps Stopping

Official support for: realitone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just installed Realibanjo—it sounds great! Unfortunately, the pattern player repeatedly stops when I'm changing chords (but not all the time). Then it won't play the chord I was playing when it stopped until I switch chords first. I've tried turning the legato off and on, and tried switching between channel 1 and omni. Any thoughts what else I can do?

I guess I should point out I'm using the Kontakt Player. It times out periodically, of course, but I've never had any playability problems with it before. Thanks!

Mel

When you switch chords, you need to let go of the old notes, and then play the new notes, all in that one-beat time space before you want the transition to start.

For example, lets suppose you want to play a G major chord for 4 beats, then transition to a C major chord. Just play the G major before the first downbeat (or quantized exactly on the beat.) Keep holding for the first 3 beats.

Then after the 4th beat starts, release the notes of the G chord. Note that RealiBanjo will finish the whole beat's worth of notes, even if you release during the first 1/16 note. So you can release right away after the 4th beat starts. Then just make sure you play that C chord before Beat 1 of the next bar starts. Releasing the old notes and playing the new notes all has to happen during that one beat period.

Here's a playing tip: A G chord and C chord both share a G in common. So you don't have to release the G. You could just release the B and D, then play a C and E while still holding the G. It's the lazy way. Which means that's the way I do it. :D

Thanks, Mike! Sounds like it just takes a little practice. I appreciate the way you approach your business. Keep it up!

Mel

Return to “Realitone”