Eventide UltraChannel Native plug-in for Free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UltraChannel

Ok, wow, that's a nice damn plugin for free. Even beyond the sound and presets, which are great, the UI is super functional. There were some minor UI refresh issues with cubase in that the cubase window frame disappeared at some point even though the plugin UI remained. It was easy to bring back by double clicking on the plugin in cubase's strip, this sometimes happens with other plugins as well, it's probably a cubase issue. Just FYI.

BTW: I have to say that, warts and all, I REALLY like cubase 7.5's mixer.

I've got this In my Email box reply from Eventide:

Once you download it, it is free forever. However, the deadline to get it for free is midnight July 8, 2014.

And no, there are not like Soundtoys, that it will win something!

The Email i got says that i can share, and i've do exactly that, no more no less.

Cheers :tu:

cryophonik wrote:Downloaded, installed, registered, and scanned/instantiated in Sonar X3 and PT11 with no problems. I love how easily you can reorder the processor modules and the pitch shifter is pretty fantastic for a doubling effect (but not as good as MicroShift IMO). Anyway, I was right in the middle of dialing in some sweet delays when the GUI suddenly transformed into an evil-looking Eventide rep wearing a tinfoil hat telling me that the plugin will expire in 2 hours and erase all of my hard drives if I don't buy an H8000FW!!!
Little tip...when the eventide rep turns up, you have to demonize the rep and chant the 5 little duckies poem whilst wearing a tin foil cap and drinking holy water, or vodka...recommend a litre a day minimum. After 5 year daily you will receive your free HW8000 :troll:

DeePho wrote:I've got this In my Email box reply from Eventide:

Once you download it, it is free forever. However, the deadline to get it for free is midnight July 8, 2014.

The Email i got says that i can share, and i've do exactly that, no more no less.

Thanks for sharing...if not for your heads up I might've missed out!

I am SOOOOO GLAD that I abandoned my micro shift pitch shifter project last year. Between the Soundtoys Little Microshift (free), the full Soundtoys Microshift (reasonably priced), and now this Eventide plugin, I would have been competing with companies that have some serious credibility and expertise in this field, i.e. they pretty much invented the field.

I'll download this later today and check it out. It seems like an interesting combination of effects, with a focus on things that are used on vocals.

Sean Costello

very cool goodie, Eventide! WELL worth the effort (several reloads, etc before the form finally loaded correctly deposited key...I'm sure it's volume related as this is an amazing freebie ;)

Thanks so much!

LEGENDADDY!

DeePho wrote:I've got this In my Email box reply from Eventide:

awesome! yeah im a glass half empty type of guy. i never give anybody the benefit of the doubt with good reason. my life has been very difficult and i know that sometimes there are parts of people that are no so nice. im really happy its free :) now the question, how good it is compared to say slick eq/tdr comp?

WTF ILOK ! Just a rant as I have an ilok account which I set up previously. On updating the manager it reports it isn't installed properly and cannot connect to server, have disabled anti-virus. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and trying to clear out of registry all traces nothing seems to work. I have been wrestling with this problem for weeks now. So looks like I have missed out on this deal, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY it gives me no faith in purchasing software protected by this system.

Got in eventually - for those having problems after trying it without success in Safari and Chrome the page loaded almost instantly in Firefox so try that.

ghettosynth wrote:BTW: I have to say that, warts and all, I REALLY like cubase 7.5's mixer.
Actually it's one of their biggest steps backward in ergonomics and usability.
:-|

Jan

_dada_ wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:BTW: I have to say that, warts and all, I REALLY like cubase 7.5's mixer.
Actually it's one of their biggest steps backward in ergonomics and usability.
:-|

Jan
Well, I don't want to derail the thread, but I disagree. I have Cubase 5 and LE4, and I like the direction that they're going. Perhaps I'm missing something, what about it makes you think that it's less usable than previous releases?

Damn, this is one hell of a generous freebie! Pretty much any section of this strip would be great value on its own, but as a full channel solution, it's just nuts! Thank you for losing your mind, Eventide! :D

devilnishy wrote:WTF ILOK ! Just a rant as I have an ilok account which I set up previously. On updating the manager it reports it isn't installed properly and cannot connect to server, have disabled anti-virus. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and trying to clear out of registry all traces nothing seems to work. I have been wrestling with this problem for weeks now. So looks like I have missed out on this deal, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY it gives me no faith in purchasing software protected by this system.
So I'm really new to iLok, but, can't you just log into your account in a browser and see if the license is there? Then, when you get your local manager sorted out you can use the license to authorize your machine.

So far for me, iLok is really smooth on my mac. I know that people have had problems with it and I don't like the third party management of licenses, it makes it too easy to pass the buck, but, I still prefer it over authorizing a computer.

Consider this freebee. I would never use it if I had to authorize a computer because I would eventually lose access to it. My studio computers never last more than a year or so. Since it's on my iLok, I predict that I will have access to it for far longer than I would otherwise. I'm converging on a dongle/serial only policy. At this point I think that the only C/R software that I use with any regularity is Live.

vs tdr comp and slick eq as a track/master bus solution? cause i may just have to redo my track if so. i mean we are talking eventide here. i may even sell my h delay cause again, we are talking eventide. so im curious how these compare to the big three i mentioned.
Last edited by AstralExistence on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”