Isn't something like this barely legal?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't understand anyone how defends this type of company behaviour. It just sucks. And saying "it's just the way it is" is a dumb statement that doesn't help anything.

I value companies which do regular bugfixes and updates. Like Melda Production. This is a very important point nowadays.

I always thought that www. stood for world wide whinge.

A recent survey on peoples' internet use came up with the following results:

Star Trek/other Sci Fi: 10%
Young ladies cavorting in the altogether: 40%
Moaning: 50%

Has anybody bothered to ask URS what's happening before commenting on their perceived business practices? I suspect not.

To be fair I usually try to combine the last two :D
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

ZINO wrote:The first batch of people were rather hostile for no obvious reason (no surprise for KVR, I agree).
Yes, because your original start to the thread wasnt hostile, and neither was your second post, your response to me when I made a lighthearted attempt to point out that it wasnt amazingly obvious what you were specifically talking about as 'barely legal'. That's when you resorted to personal insults, if you recall.

From there, you stayed hostile, and managed to throw in further insults, in response to nothing more than asking what you meant, and pointing out that a chosen analogy was flawed.

Don't be such a hypocrite.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

hibidy wrote:n/m, I'm out of this too. The world is full of people who approve of behaving badly. No reason to get worked up over it, bye!
Yes, well at least you had time to drop in and throw some fuel on the flames before claiming you had the moral highground.

About my original post I'll be hostile to anyone who is doing business without being able to deliver the goods because, as I see, there is no one else who cares to protect my minimum consumer rights.
About the hostility escalation between us, I'll accept my share only if you accept yours (your fist post was like responding to someone who just spoke with an Alien - sorry but I don't think that my claims are so unreasonable). Moreover I didn't see your “hostility sensitivity” about users suggesting me to go and masturbate, for example. Hypocrite!
Last edited by ZINO on Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

ZINO wrote:The first batch of people were rather hostile for no obvious reason (no surprise for KVR, I agree).
I think ZINO started counting from a different place to me.

Mushy Mushy wrote:To be fair I usually try to combine the last two :D
You mean:

"Don't do that, it's dirty", "Haven't you got anything bigger?" ",Why can't you be more like.....?"

1wob2many wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:To be fair I usually try to combine the last two :D
You mean:

"Don't do that, it's dirty", "Haven't you got anything bigger?" ",Why can't you be more like.....?"
ha well played.

Was thinking the other type of moaning really.... Anyway, isn't this a music site. My bad :oops:

Do the kids still say "my bad" anymore? It's the only 'down with the kids' phrase I know :D
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

CableChannel wrote:I can't understand anyone how defends this type of company behaviour. It just sucks. And saying "it's just the way it is" is a dumb statement that doesn't help anything.
I dont recall anyone defending them. I do recall it being pointed out that a stated intention to do something is not a guarantee that it will occur.
And whilst it certainly does 'suck' that a company doesnt make the toy you want to buy, it is just the way it is if the company doesnt make that toy after all. And saying 'they should make that toy' or 'its unfair that they didnt make that toy' are equally dumb statements that dont help anything either.

Just out of interest, what do you think should happen when a company has clearly failed to develop the products it intended to 3 years ago? Have you never considered the fact when a software development company is prevented from developing software it probably rendered the business non-viable for future software development?

So what does a business do in that situation? Close its doors and give up? Wait it out? Keep selling what it has, and not claim to have actually developed those new toys in the hope that it can bring in enough income hire someone to finish them?

What exactly would you do if it were your business?

Are you one of these people who thinks small niche software companies are basically risk-free money-factories, and all the people behind them do is cackle and count their millions while they try and work out foolproof ways to con their customers?
Do you acknowledge in any way that a company which has seized up in this way might not actually have wanted to?

Yes, the results are unfortunate. Some people will have plugins with bugs that need fixing, and some people who have chosen not to use 64-bit bridges will have decided themself out of being able to use these plugins. That's life, though. All stuff breaks, wears out, becomes useless. That cannot be prevented. However it can be mitigated, and to be honest its up to the consumer to do so. Anyone sufficiently astute, amateur or professional, should be aware of this and have contingencies in place. Everyone else is just going to have to put up with it because there is no solution; they cannot prevent it any more than a business can prevent itself from failing.
I value companies which do regular bugfixes and updates. Like Melda Production. This is a very important point nowadays.
Im sure most companies who actually hope to stay in business value these things to. So its pretty much an indicator of something wrong at a company when something like this occurs. And if there is something going wrong, its pretty much obviously the case that they're not necessarily in a position to be achieving their plans.
People can gripe and whine about that all they want, but a failing/failed business is a failing/failed business and complaints about what they should have done don't actually fix that.

ZINO wrote:About my original post I'll be hostile to anyone who is doing business without being able to deliver the goods because, as I see, there is no one else who cares to protect my minimum consumer rights.
Except in this case, the 'goods' you were complaining about were not ever 'goods' they claimed to have available, and you actually have no 'consumer rights' regarding something you had never been promised.
About the hostility escalation between us, I'll accept my share only if you accept yours (your fist post was like responding to someone who just spoke with an Alien - sorry but I don't think that my claims are so unreasonable).
That's very nice of you except for, well the fact that the only thing actually hostile I said to you was after you said you were quitting the thread, in response to your final ad hominem, while your hostility had continued right through those two pages.

Oh, and also except for this:
Moreover I didn't see your “hostility sensitivity” about users suggesting me to go and masturbate, for example. Hypocrite!
So, you basically put the onus of your apology on me, despite the fact that you started it all, kept it going for two pages, and finished up with insults when you supposedly left the thread, and then you throw in another attack on the basis that I didn't identify every single last comment in the thread that offended you.

Nah, f**k it, Im not apologising for a single 'no you're the idiot' on that basis. You dont get your cake and eat it, so c**t off c**t. There you go, hostiility. Now trot off and feel all self-righteous and justified to yourself about it, your 'olive branch' of allowing me to apologize first for responding to you starting the hostility was such a magnanimous f**king gesture.
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

whyterabbyt wrote:
ZINO wrote:About my original post I'll be hostile to anyone who is doing business without being able to deliver the goods because, as I see, there is no one else who cares to protect my minimum consumer rights.
Except in this case, the 'goods' you were complaining about were not ever 'goods' they claimed to have available, and you actually have no 'consumer rights' regarding something you had never been promised.
About the hostility escalation between us, I'll accept my share only if you accept yours (your fist post was like responding to someone who just spoke with an Alien - sorry but I don't think that my claims are so unreasonable).
That's very nice of you except for, well the fact that the only thing actually hostile I said to you was after you said you were quitting the thread, in response to your final ad hominem, while your hostility had continued right through those two pages.

Oh, and also except for this:
Moreover I didn't see your “hostility sensitivity” about users suggesting me to go and masturbate, for example. Hypocrite!
So, you basically put the onus of your apology on me, despite the fact that you started it all, kept it going for two pages, and finished up with insults when you supposedly left the thread, and then you throw in another attack on the basis that I didn't identify every single last comment in the thread that offended you.

Nah, f**k it, Im not apologising for a single 'no you're the idiot' on that basis. You dont get your cake and eat it, so c**t off c**t.
:dog: Let it go...
[Insert Signature Here]

I hope that you are getting paid by URS plugins. Otherwise you are such a miserable pathetic piece of sh*t.

ZINO wrote:I hope that you are getting paid by URS plugins. Otherwise you are such a miserable pathetic piece of sh*t.
Yes, because if you insult me, that's okay, you're not a miserable pathetic piece of shit. If I ignore that insult and just argue with your logic, I must be a miserable pathetic piece of shit.
If you keep up the insults, that's okay, you're not a miserable pathetic piece of shit. If I respond in kind, though, even just bouncing back what you just said to me, I must be a miserable pathetic piece of shit.
If you refuse to apologise for what you started, that's okay, you're not a miserable pathetic piece of shit. If I refuse to apologise for responding to you insulting me while you're doing it again, I must be a miserable pathetic piece of shit.

Yes, its all clear now.

bailees7irish wrote: :dog: Let it go...
no. Zino made it personal from the start, and he's returned to that, whilst demanding I apologise to him. if you dont like the fact that I refuse to roll over and take that, stick to reading different threads.

Return to “Effects”