Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For the record, I do agree that the retention policy is VERY unclear at DiscoDSP. Some places make it clear that your downloads will be available for a period of time. When it comes to updating products, it is rare that I see time limits on snagging an update. In many cases if not most, you can even go backwards to an older version of the software.

A clear policy is needed as well as a fix for those who missed the previous free update with Discovery.

Announcing it on a forum is not the place for this kind of thing. Private email to clients is the best policy, and even then I see no reason not to make prior version available.

Same happen with Vertigo. You will not find any installer anymore since the last update to 3.6 is 29 EUR.. ..for a few fixes.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Good job I got it backed up somewhere...

Vertigo is a difficult synth though, I'm tempted to upgrade to see if things has got easier

I think what's also going on here (and it should not be underestimated) is the psychological effect!

When you access your account by a retailer you expect to find all your purchases there!

And now, something important is missing because it's removed without any prior notification (before even the update is released :shock:!) you cannot help feeling a bit 'robbed'!

BTW. maybe George should do a little less 'sales' so he can have a little more stable pricing policy to his existing customers and not letting them pay through the nose for every point update!

19 € the update ! :x :x

<blacklist> Discodsp </blacklist>

hivkorn wrote:19 € the update ! :x :x

<blacklist> Discodsp </blacklist>
I found the 29€ update for Vertigo for a few fixes even more worse. Am I missing something?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I found the 29€ update for Vertigo for a few fixes even more worse. Am I missing something?
19 € for update Discovery pro , i buy it the 05/11/15 and were are 21/02/2016 and it ask me 19 € ? !!
Hey George what is wrong with you ? ! Some people don't really like waves because of WUP , but you made something worst. :x
Last edited by hivkorn on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Why don't you just message/email him and ask him for a link of whatever previous version you're looking for?

wickfut wrote:Why don't you just message/email him and ask him for a link of whatever previous version you're looking for?
From the DiscoDSP Members page: "Previous versions are End Of Life / support."

Now, George might not really mean that literally. But what people have been saying throughout this thread is that his approach to support and downloads sends out all the wrong messages.

Maybe he should charge for new download links the way IK does. :hihi:
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Carbonflake wrote:Maybe he should charge for new download links the way IK does. :hihi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8DXE5Sx5m8

wickfut wrote:Why don't you just message/email him and ask him for a link of whatever previous version you're looking for?
Why can't we just have access to software that we paid for - Which we all had previously from DSP?
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Gamma-UT wrote:
From the DiscoDSP Members page: "Previous versions are End Of Life / support."
Take a look at iZotope, for example. In spite of Ozone be already at version 7, I still have access to Ozone 3, 4, 5 and 5. And Reaper... You still can download the latest 4 versions, in spite of Reaper being already at version 5.15. This is what I call good practice, and respect for their customers. All of them are end-of-life/support, but that doesn't mean people that have been vanished from the face of the earth, and people should not have access to the downloads. Besides, it is even clever, because each time people visit the site, is another oportunity for them to evangelize their products. Contrasting with this, discoDSP removed the products wothout even prior notice to their customers (yes, i too didn't receive a warning about what was going to happen, and just knew about the "upgrade" from this forum).

OTOH, people who choose not to upgrade to the current version of discoDSP products will no longer have a reason to visit the site, so, they will lose contact with their products permanently.

Sure I can e-mail him, but what's the point? Having to beg for something that was supposed to be there and suddenly i find out it isn't anymore? As I said, this is planned obsolescence, and in line with the worst practices in the world of hardware/software.
Last edited by fmr on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Carbonflake wrote:Maybe he should charge for new download links the way IK does. :hihi:
IK charge for extra downloads for the libraries, which are several GB, not for a product that has just a few MB.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Sure I can e-mail him, but what's the point? Having to beg for something that was supposed to be there and suddenly i find out it isn't anymore? As I said, this is planned obsolescence, and in line with the worst practices in the world of hardware/software.
This is it... I'm not going to read every thread on KVR when it comes to a product update. Especially for Discovery Pro. Because most of the releases are usually quite small. Or as one OP said 'trivial'.

If I pay 140e for a product(s) I'd expect an email telling me, 'the end of life' of my downloads is coming up. It's the Dev's responsibility. If I've missed it in an email - then I'll apologize to George no problem.

None of us should have to chase after devs for our downloads. It's a business after all...

But it does feel a bit like WUP at the moment. :(
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”