drumatic 4 is really damn good

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The developer seems to disappear at random intervals, i am sure this is why it isn't spoken about more, it is a quality drum synth ;)
Duh

bungle wrote:The developer seems to disappear at random intervals, i am sure this is why it isn't spoken about more, it is a quality drum synth ;)
+1 It's a simple drum synth with basic features that sounds quite good IMO. I use it on every track.

WTF this is on OSX all this time and i never noticed? :bang:

I used to LOVE this on windows.. and after all the free usage i got out of it i absolutely owe it to the dev to support him. Will just give it a quick test in PT12 however to make sure it works ok in patchworx :grin:

WTF, THIS IS ON WINDOWS? SINCE WHEN?

And was also happy to discover its x64 now I finally upgraded my OS :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

AstralExistence wrote:anybody else really like the sound of drumatic 4?
Bought it in the day one. Great little plugin but one thing I miss. Little randomisation since now for example every kick sounds exactly the same (and waveform is exactly the same) so it misses some "analog" behaviour.
codec_spurt wrote:The developer has lost touch with his user base and is ignoring requests
To me he said that requests are collected and some of them find their way to Drumatic 5.

Lejurai wrote: To me he said that requests are collected and some of them find their way to Drumatic 5.
Drumatic 5? Looking forward to that very much! Any news about it?

Internal sequencer similar to AD Tattoo but with midi drag/drop to host would be nice :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Lejurai wrote: Little randomisation since now for example every kick sounds exactly the same (and waveform is exactly the same) so it misses some "analog" behaviour.
The Velocity mapping options suffice for me in this respect

Nielzie wrote:
Lejurai wrote: To me he said that requests are collected and some of them find their way to Drumatic 5.
Drumatic 5? Looking forward to that very much! Any news about it?

Internal sequencer similar to AD Tattoo but with midi drag/drop to host would be nice :)
Estimated release date = It comes when it comes :D It's about six months since I asked about it. Dunno about how it progresses.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Lejurai wrote: Little randomisation since now for example every kick sounds exactly the same (and waveform is exactly the same) so it misses some "analog" behaviour.
The Velocity mapping options suffice for me in this respect
I've ran it in lfo modulator in bitwig and added some tiny wiggle here and tiny wiggle there. Still it'd be nicer to have it in-built.

I would hope in D5 he sees the light and just does a single channel version too, multi channels in one plugin is just pointless nowadays.
Duh

bungle wrote:I would hope in D5 he sees the light and just does a single channel version too, multi channels in one plugin is just pointless nowadays.
I've read in tecent threads people expressing the need for multi channel outs on drum plugins and requesting this be implemented

bungle wrote:I would hope in D5 he sees the light and just does a single channel version too, multi channels in one plugin is just pointless nowadays.
Pointless? On the contrary.

Without multi channel version it's rather useless for me. I want to process every drum sound with third party fx and it's much easier to do this with proper multi channel behaviour (like for example Microtonic does). I know there's workaround and whatnot, but still I always look for the best possible way when it comes to VST use.

What's wrong with current style where you can choose between single channel - six channels?

At personally I use/need all six channels. Unless I use one instance per drum sound.

Is it possible that bungle meant that you'd have a single voice plugin? So you would load the plugin again for each drumhit? That's especially useful for Live users, as you'd just load an instance for each pad in a drumrack.
Although it works just as well as it is, it just requires some routing with the separate outs.

Return to “Instruments”