Best reverb, for all jobs? (ongoing process)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic

hibidy wrote:Yeah, I tried it. Can't remember why it didn't hit a chord with me. Nothing bad, but I guess nothing that beats R24/48.
I have both NI verbs as they are included in K9U. NI RC24 is a nice lush reverb, but for that sound, I prefer Vintage Verb. RC48 I don't like that much. I think it sounds a bit metallic or static, not natural or smooth imho and no contest for the very natural and smooth sounding Verberate. Having said that, it's probably comparing apples and oranges.
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

solidtrax wrote:I stopped using Bricasti impulse responses from the moment I have Acon Digital Verberate
You are probably using only the IR and/or the new Bricasti presets for Reverberate (that I find COMPLETELY different to the old ones).

Using Reverberate with the OLD Bricasti presets in conjunction with Samplicity's IR's and/or Greg Hopkins IRs (for the 140, BX x etc.) gives a beautiful, expressive, expansive, whatever-sive sound (imo).

Yes, Verbereate is (way) easier to use (that is : to tweak)... and for a first verb id probably reach for it (the price is right and the sound is right).
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:
solidtrax wrote:I stopped using Bricasti impulse responses from the moment I have Acon Digital Verberate
You are probably using only the IR and/or the new Bricasti presets for Reverberate (that I find COMPLETELY different to the old ones).

Using Reverberate with the OLD Bricasti presets in conjunction with Samplicity's IR's and/or Greg Hopkins IRs (for the 140, BX x etc.) gives a beautiful, expressive, expansive, whatever-sive sound (imo).

Yes, Verbereate is (way) easier to use (that is : to tweak)... and for a first verb id probably reach for it (the price is right and the sound is right).
I used Samplicity’s Bricasti M7 IR's in Altiverb and I enjoyed it, it's not bad, far from it. It's just that I like Verberate so much that I don't feel the need to use it anymore. :phones:
Website

solidtrax wrote:I used Samplicity’s Bricasti M7 IR's in Altiverb and I enjoyed it, it's not bad, far from it. It's just that I like Verberate so much that I don't feel the need to use it anymore. :phones:
Hey, that's cool ! I'm happy for you ! :tu:
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Not sure if I'm a bit of an idiot or what, but I mainly use and love the NI/Softube plugins, because I can't make them sound bad, and the simple interfaces just make sense to me, and allow me to get what I'm after very quickly.

Any other 'verbs, I tend to struggle with

Rah wrote:Not sure if I'm a bit of an idiot or what, but I mainly use and love the NI/Softube plugins, because I can't make them sound bad, and the simple interfaces just make sense to me, and allow me to get what I'm after very quickly.

Any other 'verbs, I tend to struggle with
You are not an idiot. They clearly work for you, and that's what it is all about! :tu:
Website

PatchAdamz wrote:To my surprise, the clear winner was the Powercore VSSC.
This has been my go-to reverb for years. It's just a pain now because I can't use my Powercore PCIe with my laptop.

for me i am still a strong advocate as "all jobs reverbs" for these:

Lexicon pcm bundle

Overloud Breverb 2

cheers

OK, as of now, we have 34,883 "the best ONE" reverbs (and 1528 are waiting in the pipeline).

Without a doubt, one can EASILY choose among these. so, for instance, if one wants to reverb his\her vocals, or hi-hats, no-doubt they WILL be able to quickly finish the task.... on year 2178 :roll:
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I don't know what that means, but if you guys need me to lock the thread because it's taking up valuable kvr space, then I will :evil:

hibidy wrote:I don't know what that means, but if you guys need me to lock the thread because it's taking up valuable kvr space, then I will :evil:
NOOO! We're sitting on the edge of our seats, wondering what reverb will be The Chosen One. Don't pull the plug now!!! :hyper:

Be sure to try the Valhalla update, which should be out any day now. Reviews from beta testers have been on the positive side. :D

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

I just don't want to get into that put-down stage......or maybe I just read it wrong? Seems some people are on their period the last couple of days (who knows......maybe me too :lol: )

I want the hofa. It's the right one. It just has the dropouts and I didn't like the response I got from them (ffs, why should I lower the buffer when everything else works fine?? ) ;) If all of these devs had it their way, we'd all be running with such high latency that you can only use for mixing (which is NOT my intention as a guitar player.......)

So I'm living with what I have.

^Which Valhalla 'verb, vintage?

It's all of them isn't it? I'm demoing them at the moment and that might influence my decision if it's one of them, even ubermod but i can only buy one!
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

hibidy wrote:I don't know what that means ?
It means the following :
So I'm living with what I have.
hibidy wrote:I just don't want to get into that put-down stage......or maybe I just read it wrong? Seems some people are on their period the last couple of days (who knows......maybe me too :lol: )
You really see it as a "put-back" ?

Will it help you know some (me included) use delays as a Reverb (search for MIX With The MASTERS - Q&A with Michael Brauer). so now what ? "What is the best delay, that acts like the best reverb for all jobs" ? :lol:

Cheers !
(Gabe Dumbbell)

That's what I thought, you were trolling. Click

Return to “Effects”