What will be the next DAW update..?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this isn't a serious thread but I still think that hosts are terribly behind where they should be for 2014. I made fun of the bitwig debacle but I really was hoping it would just be awesome. Instead, it's just another host, waiting to bait you for your money with hopes and promises for the future.

AusDisciple wrote:
spaceman wrote:.....Reaper was going to blow everything out of the water.....

:P
For my workflow and requirements, REAPER has succeeded. In all honesty, if a decent engineer cannot make professional music using REAPER, he (or she) isn't a decent engineer!!
Maybe that is why I don't like Reaper, I am not an engineer :?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe that is why I don't like Reaper, I am not an engineer :?

Dammit fluffy, I'm a doctor not an engineer! :x

robojam wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe that is why I don't like Reaper, I am not an engineer :?

Dammit fluffy, I'm a doctor not an engineer! :x
thanx for the laugh, 'cause I know what you look like and you look like someone from TV who I think is a riot. Picturing that person being Bones...boy would star trek have been different :lol:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

robojam wrote:
trimph1 wrote:Reaper does not suck.
.:hihi:
OK, it inhales air then. :hihi:
:lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

DAW's will become more and more similar. On feature request threads people keep asking for the stuff they know exists in other DAW's, and sooner or later those features get implemented.
There don't seem to be really new ideas and concepts, anymore. Just like with fridges or washing machines :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:There don't seem to be really new ideas and concepts, anymore. Just like with fridges or washing machines :)
Ever heard of Usine Hollyhock? It's a completely different (Live-)DAW concept! So different that I still don't understand how to use it...

hibidy wrote:
spaceman wrote:
hibidy wrote:
spaceman wrote:..that everyone needs to have because without it it's pretty much impossible to make music. Because lets face it, all DAWs are crippled buggy pieces of junk at the moment that make it impossible to create professional music. Bitwig blew the crippled buggy Live out of the water, Reaper was going to blow everything out of the water and Studio One invented workflow, which no one had before that.
:P
:roll:
I hope you spotted the sarcasm..
Oh, I did :hihi:
:phew:
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Tricky-Loops wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:There don't seem to be really new ideas and concepts, anymore. Just like with fridges or washing machines :)
Ever heard of Usine Hollyhock? It's a completely different (Live-)DAW concept! So different that I still don't understand how to use it...
No, never heard of it. Nor am I into live stuff. Is there no manual to tell you how to use it?

Tricky-Loops wrote:
It looks like enormous fun but I have yet to hear any actual music made with it which is not a series of random bleeps and blops.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

fluffy_little_something wrote:DAW's will become more and more similar. On feature request threads people keep asking for the stuff they know exists in other DAW's, and sooner or later those features get implemented.
There don't seem to be really new ideas and concepts, anymore. Just like with fridges or washing machines :)
Well, what do you expect? A DAW is a tool to make music, of course it's a bit different to a fridge or washing machines, as these have to be functional, and serve its purpose only, and a DAW is also there to fuel your creativity, and everyone is attracted in another way. But make a complete out of this world DAW, and it'll only attract a very small circle of people, because most will say "Um... actually i only wanted to be able to operate it to make music with it...". Also it will be much of an adventure for companies to do something completely new. Can easily become a major bummer for them. And everyone likes to get paid for his work.

spaceman wrote:I guess if you stick cup holders on a DAW you should put suction cups on it as well. Don't want to move and spill your drink.
and a tray for nachos n dips.

Is this even on topic? :hihi:

If you are a one man show, and use midi (and want it to be tight, but not too tight) and record audio and have many tracks and want some tracks for FX and add some FX to the tracks, most hosts are a mess in one way or another. They have PDC issues, and crash issues, and problems with doing simple automated things, and don't work with this and that and and and.......

I don't think there is one out there that REALLY does what is needed.

Here, lemme tell you why some people don't have as many problems

-they don't work with midi.
-they ONLY work with midi, but they don't use controllers (penciling in notes)
-they only work with audio
-they don't work with stuff that takes a lot of ram
-they don't work :hihi:

I dunno, I get sour. I'm not the worlds biggest expert on hosts, but I've used enough that I understand some peoples frustration. Sure, I've had some wonderful years, but there is currently not ONE SINGLE HOST that does enough midi+audio that I can just be happy and done with it. Doesn't exist. You'll have to live with concessions.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”