More routing in MMulti... plugins?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This was just a thought, prompted by the product announcement of a new convolution plugin.

Its one that looked(**) as though it was designed to do a serial 'chain' of five convolutions, and my first thought was... "Do I have something that can do that".

(*) On further reading it might just combine multiple IRs into one, but that's beside the point.

The answer I gave myself was "Not that I can think of, but I could definitely get there using a modular subhost".

The next thing that popped into my head, though, was "Wait a minute, cant MMultiBandConvolver do something like that".

I realised it cant quite, but I think it nearly can. And it struck me that 'all' that would be needed to get it to work would be for the crossover 'front-end' to MMultiBandConvolver's convolver instances to be replaced by a simple serial routing chain, from one convolution to the next(**).

(**) I say 'all' like that because Im sure its not trivial, but Im hoping its not so difficult as to not be worth considering.

And then I wondered, well if that could be done, then would it be possible to make it a more customisable routing chain, with a more modular parallel/serial/crossover capability. For all of the MMulti plugins, but particularly the 'creative' ones.
And I figured that if you allowed the elements of the routing chain (which by now I'd expanded to included splitters, mixers, muxers, demuxers, and crossovers) to be modulation targets, as the crossovers are, then you wind up with insanely flexible plugins that only the most extensive modular environments are currently capable of.

So having thought all that, I thought I better post it. Clearly its not the kind of thing that could just be thrown in there, its potentially a major architectural change in the code to replace the crossover behaviour with something far more complex, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway, to see what Vjotech and other folk thought.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Ok so first: NO!

But the good news is that what you are describing is essentially MXXX. It will take time before it gets released, but a slightly simplified version will be available in the forthcoming synth! ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I'm intrigued about this synth.. is there any info you can tease us with?

Very soooooon!!! ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”