RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maomoondog wrote:Oberheim OB-X
Was that the one from Chinchilla Green?

And what happened to Atlantic Popes?
Induljon a banzáj!

e-modic wrote:
Maomoondog wrote:
The forever young song features - The jupiter 8 playing the higher "harmony" solo sound and the Synclavier the main body of the solo.

The DX7 we got later on. The Poly-6 was something we had, but hardly used (it was used on Seeds and I think Elevator or Golden Feeling)
Mr. Lloyd? :o So what did you use on the Demo version?
See two posts up :)

And which Synth did you use as the main Lead from "A victory of love"?
Induljon a banzáj!

e-modic wrote:And what happened to Atlantic Popes?
Perhaps another release. We are both lazy :hihi:

Urs wrote:
Maomoondog wrote:Oberheim OB-X
Was that the one from Chinchilla Green?
No, it was from the record company advance.

e-modic wrote:And which Synth did you use as the main Lead from "A victory of love"?
The intro lead is Jupiter 8 and the middle string solo is a Jupiter 8.

Maomoondog wrote:
e-modic wrote:And which Synth did you use as the main Lead from "A victory of love"?
I could make 1000 pages here as I have so many questions, maybe you should know that I am one of the biggest Fans, I even was in Munich when you showed Songlines and after that I asked you tons of questions why there are no Synths on Breathtaking Blue :D And everytime I wrote a letter to your Moonbase Fanstation...
Induljon a banzáj!

e-modic wrote:
Maomoondog wrote:
I could make 1000 pages here as I have so many questions, maybe you should know that I am one of the biggest Fans, I even was in Munich when you showed Songlines and after that I asked you tons of questions why there are no Synths on Breathtaking Blue :D And everytime I wrote a letter to your Moonbase Fanstation...
Did you also subscribe to the moon paper ?

There was synths on Breathtaking blue, just low key. A Fairlight was our main toy and a Korg M1.

And the solo on the original demo of forever young was a Roland system 100

Maomoondog wrote:

There was synths on Breathtaking blue, just low key. A Fairlight was our main toy and a Korg M1.
Yes, there came a letter once in a while :)

Maybe you can answer me this last question (I don´t wanna bomb you here with Fan questions). Was The Breathtaking Blue a try out for you? Let´s say, you always wanted to do a more acoustic Pop Album? How came you totally changed your stlye?
Induljon a banzáj!

e-modic wrote:I could make 1000 pages here as I have so many questions, maybe you should know that I am one of the biggest Fans
1984 was the year I started listening to music, and Forever Young had a big impact on my adolscent mind, pointing out my electronic future :D

Still listen alot to those albums, especially fond of Sounds Like A Melody

e-modic wrote:
Maomoondog wrote:

Yes, there came a letter once in a while :)

Maybe you can answer me this last question (I don´t wanna bomb you here with Fan questions). Was The Breathtaking Blue a try out for you? Let´s say, you always wanted to do a more acoustic Pop Album? How came you totally changed your stlye?
Breathtaking Blue was a long time in creating, (two years) we had little in the way of songs and had just built our own studio (Lunarpark) we could work at our own pace without clock watching. We always wanted our albums to sound different from the previous one(s) and apart from Romeo's & Ariana, most of the album has a layed back un-plugged feel to it, even though a lot of the music was programmed. I think in the end we managed to make a (fairly) reasonable album, not as good as Forever Young and not even close to Afternoons In Utopia. But we got there, even tough it almost ended the group.

Numanoid wrote:
e-modic wrote:I could make 1000 pages here as I have so many questions, maybe you should know that I am one of the biggest Fans
1984 was the year I started listening to music, and Forever Young had a big impact on my adolscent mind, pointing out my electronic future :D

Still listen alot to those albums, especially fond of Sounds Like A Melody
I must say it is nice to think we had some impact / inspiration on people :)

Maomoondog wrote: I think in the end we managed to make a (fairly) reasonable album..
Absolutely! As a fan I had to deal with the new style but in the end somehow "Anyway" always was on my playlist (and I still have the lyrics in my head) and this song was Jazz inspired 8)
Induljon a banzáj!

Maomoondog wrote:I must say it is nice to think we had some impact / inspiration on people :)
You have not lived in vain, that music mattered alot to me when I grew up.

I didn't immidiatly get into Afternoons in Utopia, but have come to apreciate it more now when I am older. It's more like a pscyhedelic album (at least that is how the lyrics come across to me) with many styles, from pop ballads, to hi-energy belters.

Return to “Instruments”