Polyphonic Aftertouch (or Better) should be standard

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

himalaya wrote:
JCJR wrote:
I'm just saying, things like that Hakken Contiuum are really kewl gadgets-- Which will take as much time to get expert on, as picking up mandolin, vibes, theremin, tuba, piano, organ, whatever.
The Continuum is far from being a gadget. It's a real instrument, and your statement reveals to me that you haven't played one yet. It's superb, by the way.
I meant no disrespect, being just as likely to refer to a strad violin as a gadget.

Any new instrument will take as much work to master as any classic instrument. In order to be victorious, ideally a new instrument should be multiple sourced in order to gain traction. Even obscure instruments such as hurdy-gurdy or krumhorn can be multiply sourced.

If a fella had invested many years practice becoming the deadliest hurdy-gurdy cranker in the entire known universe-- And then an asteroid falls on the guy's hurdy-gurdy-- At least he won't have to worry about being dead in the water because the sole manufacturer of hurdy-gurdies went out of business many years ago! :)

I don't mean to be flippant, but will never properly master trad keyboard, and if I want to further frustrate myself I have basses, geetars, assorted percussion instruments and chromatic button accordion ready at hand, in case I should wish to play something other than keyboard very badly. :)

There's too much heaviness in what you write. Mastering ones own instrument is always the way to go, although not many people do it, yours truly included. However, this shouldn't stop people from applying basic modulation like aftertouch in their music. Even a simple chord progression played with a pad would benefit from PolyAt, and it does not require any special skills. It's a shame that Ensoniq synths of yore didn't provide us with a better PolyAt experience, because if they had , they would set a precedent for mid price synths.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”