Correct me if I'm wrong but NI hasn't released a non-Reaktor synth since 2009's Absynth 5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not trying to stir things up, but I just noticed this while looking at K10U's synth line-up.

haha :lol:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

cocoazenith wrote:Not trying to stir things up
Not at all ;)

You know, maybe Reaktor 6 is in the works, and when it comes out (be it in a year, or 2 or 3 or 4) it will be so slick that we want NI to port Massive, Fm8 and Absynth to Reaktor ;)

cocoazenith wrote:Not trying to stir things up, but I just noticed this while looking at K10U's synth line-up.
I guess their marketing people have found that the synth plugin market is over-saturated

Numanoid wrote:
cocoazenith wrote:Not trying to stir things up, but I just noticed this while looking at K10U's synth line-up.
I guess their marketing people have found that the synth plugin market is over-saturated
If it was related to market demand (or saturation) then they wouldn't be putting out all these Reaktor synths. It must be much more efficient for them to develop synths within the Reaktor framework than independent VSTs.

So what, there is nothing wrong with Reaktor-based synths and FX, or is there?

There is not, the ones NI puts out are consistently among the best and most interesting synths of the year, but people who don't really use them rag on them since they are "just Reaktor instruments."

Yeah, what the hell is wrong with NI, coming out with Maschine 2.0 and Studio, Battery overhaul, a bunch of new effects and new Reaktor synths, a bunch of new libraries for Kontakt and Maschine, new keyboard controllers, new Traktor what-not, but not catering to MY needs,....well, except most of the stuff that I just mentioned. Buncha lazy bastards. :P
Last edited by cryophonik on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Molekular certainly is one of the most interesting FX releases so far this year.

Their Reaktor synths are often quite good. But I can understand why people would rather it's own VST. If I had the option I'd rather a VST version of Razor for example. Reaktor adds a layer of complexity. For example you don't just save a preset. You save a snapshot to the Reaktor bank and then save the Reaktor ensemble. For factory content this means having another copy somewhere on disk. And what if an ensemble gets updated? Then if you are going to replace your ensemble, you'll want to export the snapshot bank to import into the new ensemble version. Some may also have gripes with sample content management for ensembles. And then there is also parameter names. In Reaktor they are based on the module grouping so you often have these unreasonable long names like "Oscillators:Oscillator 1: Oscillator Tune: Fine Tune" or something. Not really great for hardware like Push or Maschine which display the host parameter name on a limited size screen. Then there are plug-in utilities like Novation automap which work on a plug-in level so they don't really work with different Reaktor ensembles since the parameters change.

So as you can see there are legitimate reasons to prefer a VST version to an ensemble.

Not a big deal though is it? Fender haven't released a new style of guitar since the Mustang in 1964 - doesn't stop people from being very successful at playing the even older models like Strats and Teles.

I have no problem in seeing improvements in existing models rather than see lots more new things - isn't it about the music you create rather than getting new tools all the time?

i think many people view reaktor with the same hate that synthedit has created. i mean, really, reaktor is very much like synthedit except its a bit more commercialized but really, many people myself included are save as haters. save as plugins never work as good or as smoothly as native vst plugins and always suffer from little annoying quirks (something is rotten in denmark) that don't rear there uglyhead in native vsts. lol, they should now be called nonnative instruments. nothing native about them anymore.

the company has shown (since they have not released a native instrument plugin since 2009 or so i read) that from now on they will be focusing on reaktor based ensembles. so if you like reaktor as a solution go with komplete/nonnative instruments. and if you do not, (im a big believer in the statement/product direction stands for itself by how you operate) then avoid this company, because from now on they will be focusing there products on the reactor environment and it seems like with every update they are phasing out native plugins, have already phased out native vsti and will be phasing out native fx to be replaced entirely by reaktor instruments/fx. prove me wrong.

As mentioned earlier my only gripe is really preset management. The snapshot, bank, preset system still confuses the hell out of me, and thats the only reason I have issues with reaktor only synths. They sound just fine to me but I wish they would integrate some of their browser experience that IMHO they do so well with massive/fm/absynth/etc into reaktor

AstralExistence wrote:i think many people view reaktor with the same hate that synthedit has created.
I don't think that's true at all. I've rarely (if ever) seen people posting that they "hate" Reaktor.

My only complaint about Reaktor is it's preset management. That's the only thing for me as a user (I don't build anything in Reaktor) would like to see changed.

Otherwise, I say keep the Reaktor built synths and effects coming. If anything it just shows how powerful Reaktor is.

Return to “Instruments”