MDynamicEQ

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure whether I should really start a thread for this, but I will just go ahead :-)

MDynamicEQ is friggin awezum. I really ask myself, how can it sound so transparent??? Before I bought it I tried to setup something similar using MWobbler, use a peak filter and sidechain input to get something like a dynamic EQ. Also tried that in other plugs. But it produced those comb filter like jet effects or resonance like effects that totally ruined the thing. MDynamicEQ sounds transparent no matter what Q factor you set up. What's the trick behind this?

Thank you! :love:

Well, it's the variable-slope filtering technology ;). It's our own and it's a big secret ;) :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yeah it seems to work really really well :-)

Thanks for this plug!

My pleasure! :love:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I have to praise MDynamicEQ once again :-)

Today I let it work as a DeEsser and it is just totally awesome! What a swiss army knife this is! :tu: I was able to tune in settings in a manner that ONLY dampens the "s" sounds and leaves the rest of the sound untouched. Using filters on the sidechain, customizing attack times and thresholds, and carefully configuring the filters (bandshelf is excellent for a deesser) yielded the perfect result. No way could I do this with any other DeEsser I have. Guess I won't need them any longer anyway :D

So, big thumbs up. :tu: I like my melda stuff more and more every day :love:

Thank you!!! :love:
Vojtech

Hey one question: MEqualizer was my go to equalizer, but I like the different filter types in MDynamicEQ more and more, so I want to make it my go to equalizer for static eq'ing as well. Does MDynamicEQ eat more CPU if the dynamic gain is left at 0db? Is the dynamics detection still active then?

There could be a little penalty, at least memory-wise, but it should be relatively negligible. Note that some of the steep nonresonant shelf/bandshelf filters will use more CPU than traditional filters, these are just way more complex.
For the record, my personal go-do is MAutoDynamicEq, no reason to go for MEqualizer. After all, it doesn't take much CPU anyway.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:There could be a little penalty, at least memory-wise, but it should be relatively negligible. Note that some of the steep nonresonant shelf/bandshelf filters will use more CPU than traditional filters, these are just way more complex.
For the record, my personal go-do is MAutoDynamicEq, no reason to go for MEqualizer. After all, it doesn't take much CPU anyway.
OK thanks.
I used a lot of MDynamicEQ in a recent mixing project and I had the feeling the CPU load was noticeable whereas the load of MEqualizer is basically zero. But it was just a gut feeling. And I indeed used the nonresonant shelves (I really like them), so that was probably the reason.

Return to “MeldaProduction”