Which of these ideas is the least crazy?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDM bagpipes - tuned to equal temperament, unison voices for a more organic version of the classic swarm of mosquitoes lead. I'm sure filtered right they could make super-obnoxious plucks, too.

Fake extended range bass - take a four string bass, a bunch of extra very thick and very thin strings, and temporarily put those on the bass to fake a bass with something like 9 strings.

Death metal phonemes - growled vocals that could be used to assemble lyrics, recorded by a very petite girl. I've mentioned this idea before.

"Least crazy" or most interesting..? ;) I guess the extended bass sounds least crazy but I still think the last one is more interesting.

Well, which one's most likely to be usable in actual productions, that's the real question. The last one is most likely to actually happen - we just need to set a date to record.

"Least crazy" or most interesting..? ;) the least interesting has to be the extended bass while the most crazy has to be the Death metal phonemes. But which would I suggest you spend time on ?

Death metal phonemes, no..........the EDM bagpipes. But then again, perhaps the extended bass.
Actually the more I think about it, it's got to be Death metal phonemes.

Right, I've thought about it.
"growled vocals that could be used to assemble lyrics, recorded by a very petite girl"
Yep, that's the one. But there must be a highly visible picture of Abba in the room during recording.

Thanks for asking, I'm sure that they'll come in useful.

Forget the bass, then, especially considering that I'd have to spend money on those strings and especially the thick ones aren't cheap.

I don't have a picture of Abba, but there is a painting of highly visible cows in that room.

DSmolken wrote:there is a painting of highly visible cows in that room.
Cows in high visibility jackets? Or..? (And, as it's only a painting, you can't sample them doing death metal phonemes...)

Whoa to crasy I can't stay on the horse

lil girls doing death metal ftw
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

all nice ideas but the bagpipes for me if you mean real bagpipes.

pljones wrote:
DSmolken wrote:there is a painting of highly visible cows in that room.
Cows in high visibility jackets? Or..? (And, as it's only a painting, you can't sample them doing death metal phonemes...)
They're prominently featured and up front. Just cows, no jackets. And certainly not an indie band named High Visibility Cows.
woggle wrote:all nice ideas but the bagpipes for me if you mean real bagpipes.
Real bagpipes. I have about 12 MB of samples, not detailed enough for realistic bagpipe bagpipes as there are only a few chirps, but there's enough to loop and tune all the long notes and do the kind of trickery I've done with multi-voice bass and guitar samples.

I like both the EDM bagpipes and the death metal vocals ideas. 8)

I've started on the bagpipes. They really do make a very organic substitute for a saw wave oscillator. So far I've gotten them sounding like a cheap transistor organ.

a little of this and a little of that, eh? :D

The bagpipes for sure.

Working on the bagpipes already, planning to record vocals Sunday. What would y'all actually want to use them for, though?

I can imagine video game monster voices. Just load up the samples, mash down random keys on the MIDI controller, and add reverb.

DSmolken wrote:, planning to record vocals Sunday. What would y'all actually want to use them for, though?
Depending on how it ends up being, id use them for background vocals, in death metal, or industrial. :)

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”