Released: Nero VSTi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nero

Added a demo by Bzur, thank you mate! ;)

Just one day left to get nero at the introductory price of €19.90 ;)

There were only about half a dozen people commenting in this thread, two of whom said the interface is too dark and not user-friendly enough. Have you improved it meanwhile?

fluffy_little_something wrote:There were only about half a dozen people commenting in this thread, two of whom said the interface is too dark and not user-friendly enough. Have you improved it meanwhile?
Difficult to make everyone happy, others says that the interface is ok for them.

MaxSynths wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:There were only about half a dozen people commenting in this thread, two of whom said the interface is too dark and not user-friendly enough. Have you improved it meanwhile?
Difficult to make everyone happy, others says that the interface is ok for them.
I think the user interface is very bad, sorry to say it that clearly. You seem to be young, but don't assume most people buying such stuff are young with perfect vision.
If you improved it, it would not get worse for those who already found it ok. So yes, it is possible to make everyone happy if one really cares about customers. But if you don't need and want the money of at least 1/3rd of potential buyers, fine with me...

You seem to make your plugins. launch them, and then never improve them anymore. Same with Latte. Compare that with Solcito Musica, who keep updating their even cheaper synth SuperSonico all the time (see news column). It's a matter of attitude, of not being foolish enough to think a plugin is perfect and finished once launched.

I can see your point, but actually just a few persons complained about the interface while others said that for them is perfect as is (in other words they could dislike a change), so you can understand what I mean whe I say that is impossible to me to make everyone happy. Also: usually I always improve my software when people asks for a feature (if possible); I can't remember any specific request for Latte, do you have any particular request?

fluffy_little_something wrote:I think the user interface is very bad, sorry to say it that clearly. You seem to be young, but don't assume most people buying such stuff are young with perfect vision.
it looks good to me, it's dark of course, but all the text and little details are perfectly visible
i strongly suspect that your monitor settings (gamma, contrast, brightness) are not callibrated properly, and the dark colors get squashed towards blackness
i deal with photos and stuff, and i recommend you to callibrate your monitor, then see if it's still "bad"

i've seen quite a number of people (who watch movies or play games on their computer) who set the monitor settings in aweful ways
Last edited by antto on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

*EDIT* oops

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

fluffy_little_something wrote: I think the user interface is very bad, sorry to say it that clearly. You seem to be young, but don't assume most people buying such stuff are young with perfect vision.
According to MaxSynths sig he is much closer to the sun than we are on Earth (91.96 million miles closer). Could explain a lot ... ;)

Oh, give the guy a break, will ya? :)

The GUI looks fine ;) It's prefectly readable. If you have a problem with that, try adjusting your monitor first ;)

On the other hand, a dark photo on white background will always give the impression it's darker than it actually is, so try to demo the synth inside your DAW to see the actual contrast - just a thought :)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

thecontrolcentre wrote:According to MaxSynths sig he is much closer to the sun than we are on Earth (91.96 million miles closer). Could explain a lot ... ;)
Lol, touché :hihi:

MaxSynths wrote:I can see your point, but actually just a few persons complained about the interface while others said that for them is perfect as is (in other words they could dislike a change), so you can understand what I mean whe I say that is impossible to me to make everyone happy. Also: usually I always improve my software when people asks for a feature (if possible); I can't remember any specific request for Latte, do you have any particular request?
Actually, I had sent you a mail with suggestions for improvement at least a year ago, never heard back from you, though...

fluffy_little_something wrote: Actually, I had sent you a mail with suggestions for improvement at least a year ago, never heard back from you, though...
Mmmm that is strange, maybe I never received your mail.
I've just updated Nero right now after some requests to add dotted values in the delay.

idfpower wrote:Oh, give the guy a break, will ya? :)

The GUI looks fine ;) It's prefectly readable. If you have a problem with that, try adjusting your monitor first ;)

On the other hand, a dark photo on white background will always give the impression it's darker than it actually is, so try to demo the synth inside your DAW to see the actual contrast - just a thought :)
Room lighting certainly plays a certain role here, but not nearly that much. The monitor is set up well, after all I don't have those contrast issues with other synths. There often the problem is size, not contrast.

I have downloaded the demo btw, same as with the screenshot basically.

Never mind, if it is so perfect for everyone else, fine with me. I don't need it, anyway.

fluffy_little_something wrote:The monitor is set up well, after all I don't have those contrast issues with other synths.
tell me which is the darkest black square which you can distinguish in this page: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Return to “Instruments”