Nobody appreciates small time electronic music makers/electronic musician for most is a lonely life

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Is it any wonder people have started to act like machines, and copy instead of create?
One could argue that people have been acting like machines and copying instead of creating since way before actual machines existed, it's not a recent phenomenon... it's actually how people learn (i.e. acquire knowledge).

Imo the problem is not copying, but copying from poor sources :wink:
The mind boggles.

I think the problem is that the standards are not appreciated or wanted by most of the public. Mostly they want formulaic stuff to dance to on a saturday night, or listening to a bit 'pop' in the car.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

whyterabbyt wrote:
tehlord wrote:Music is turning into content to be consumed rather than art to enjoy.

We are the guys making the toys to sell the happy meals.
'turning into' ???

Did you sleep through the previous 5 decades of the music industry or something? ;)
Yup. Nothing new. It's been this way longer than 5 decades, but with some very special and interesting moment though the years where there have been obviously exceptions, but that's the point... they're exceptions.

I still think one of the greatest periods in "popular" music history happened within a 3 year period beginning around 1969. I have heard different accounts blaming easy access to drugs on all sides, record execs included, that led to a little blip in music history.

The rest is very much a well oiled money making machine. It's all approached very cautiously with very little deviation from the hit that preceded it.

And tehlord summed it up correctly (in his first post) even if some don't want to hear it. I could add to his statement though... Not only is it easy, but because it is so easy, there are more people passing themselves off as producers, dj whatevers and more. So it's not about "appreciation" but more about sifting through lots of garbage to find a gem, if any.
Last edited by elxsound on Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whyterabbyt wrote:
tehlord wrote:Music is turning into content to be consumed rather than art to enjoy.

'turning into' ???

Did you sleep through the previous 5 decades of the music industry or something? ;)

Exponential curve innit.

My observation is that in the last 5 years it's got a lot, lot worse a lot, lot faster.

tehlord wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:

'turning into' ???

Exponential curve innit.

My observation is that in the last 5 years it's got a lot, lot worse a lot, lot faster.
No. I don't think it's gotten any worse.

It's the same. I'll add IMO for safety reasons.

"IMO" could be a new genre,"Intelligent Music Outcast".

That's for a start to solve the problem.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

You should only do it the right way, however you are capable. That's what I do/have done. Now if you want to make at least a lower middle class livable income, simply get physical talent and good songwriting hooks. They'll complain about everything, but you hold the better cards.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Naer wrote:You'd get tons more respect with mediocre guitar playing is seems. Maybe we're ahead of our time?
You're not ahead of your time bro. People do appreciate small time electronic music makers who know who their audience is and make an effort to reach that audience. A friend of mine knows squat about music, even less about production, but is well known within a certain genre subculture, and has attracted the attention of labels within that subculture, simply because he is able to make something of a statement and knows how to reach his audience.

I listened to some of your tracks, the labels you've applied don't make sense. I wouldn't call anything that you do techno. If someone who produced techno produced something like your tracks, then ok, they could label that techno, but for you, that label isn't going to attract any worthwhile attention.

So, perhaps the reason that YOU aren't receiving any attention doesn't necessarily have anything to do with why other small time electronic musicians do or do not receive attention. Maybe you need to work on finding your audience?

Don't let the nonsense in this thread convince you that attitudes about music or mainstream or consumerism matter with respect to what you do, that's all just a bunch of "listen to my agenda" bullshit. The mainstream seldom appreciates music off the beaten path and that has been true pretty much since the beginning of time.

electronic music sucks.

ghettosynth wrote: knows how to reach his audience.
I think this is a real keyword right here. There is mainstream and there is non-mainstream music. I can see how such an artist may have a hard time finding his/hers audience.

There is a gazillion tracks out everyday, and because there is a bunch of places music can be put out, such music can easily be overlooked. Thus not reaching it's intended audience.

Some of the most original music I heard I found it either here (on KVR) or some unknown guys post on YouTube (you know, the column of suggestions on he right)...

So I have no advices :)

It all depends if you make good music or not. People appreciate good music. Most electronic music maker make TERRIBLE music. They focus 0 attention on the actual music and just make beats for years. Whereas someone who plays guitar, is forced to focus on musicality. But you can be sure that a producer that has spent a lot of time on his musicianship will have a way bigger reach than someone who plays the guitar, because he makes full, well produced songs, instead of shitty recordings of guitars.

I would rather listen to a cover of a good song on the guitar or even some homemade song from a guitarist than some shitty beats with no songwriting skill at all even if it has decent production.

frenchboy wrote:It all depends if you make good music or not. People appreciate good music. Most electronic music maker make TERRIBLE music. They focus 0 attention on the actual music and just make beats for years. Whereas someone who plays guitar, is forced to focus on musicality. But you can be sure that a producer that has spent a lot of time on his musicianship will have a way bigger reach than someone who plays the guitar, because he makes full, well produced songs, instead of shitty recordings of guitars.

I would rather listen to a cover of a good song on the guitar or even some homemade song from a guitarist than some shitty beats with no songwriting skill at all even if it has decent production.
I think that's a bit of a naive way of looking at it tbh... You simply cannot say that producers don't focus on the musicality. There's a bucket load who can play out there (including great guitarists). And 'making beats' is disconcertingly vague, and only a tiny sliver of what they do.

You could say, that many professional 'Dance' producers are pandering to their audience. But who decides if it's good music if you want success? The public decides, and as I've said, they care little for 'musicianship'.

Personally I think modern dance and pop bands are utter tripe, but that just me... If you are talking about 'peer recognition' on the other hand, then that's different matter altogether.

I would much prefer to be a great producer then a great guitarist. I can't imagine being so limited by one instrument. A guitar sounds like a guitar... With electronic production, you can do just about anything (H. Zimmer springs to mind).
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Many of my favorite electronic music producers use guitars as well as synths and fx. They're all legitimate sound sources. It's not an either/or thing.

Antares 101 - Planet Earth - Free Album

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=254807
Last edited by Future1313 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”