MPowerSynth beta released, available for an introductory price and you can even get it for FREE!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MillerSam wrote:Hey Melda

I would be happy to get an answer on PM or Mail ;)
Will get to you! I'm swamped! :D :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

No problem ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

@Melda: secret filters? Hah! I will put white noise through each filter type and make a screenshot of the analyzer :D
Seriously, an example graphical filter curve in the documentation for the more complex ones would really be instructive. Everybody knows how a HPF or LPF looks, but those fancier ones? Its easier to use them if you have a technical understanding of what they do to the sound, and therefore I highly wish to see the curves. I guess other users would also be interested. E.g. in Synthmaster you see a plot of the filter you are applying in realtime so you can even see the changes which are introduced by raising slope/resonance etc.
Last edited by CableChannel on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post

Must love the FX section... :phones:

OSC as carrier of the Vocoder, its octaves being switched thru (from +3 to -3 starting a 0.08min)

https://soundcloud.com/mptest/fx-vocoder

wow, that is indeed friggin awezum!

Now I'm conflicted... I was going to by Serum, but I've been playing with this all last night so I might get this now. It's really good... Can sound edgy or clean. Filters are very nice too (and the FX of course).
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Spending more time with it and keep getting more impressed. Loving switching through the filter presets, adds a totally different sound. Quick question though and sorry if this was mentioned, but how do i modulate a parameter to the lfo, i used the learn function to assign to a mod but it isn't modulating anything. Also where is the glide settings for legato style?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:Spending more time with it and keep getting more impressed. Loving switching through the filter presets, adds a totally different sound. Quick question though and sorry if this was mentioned, but how do i modulate a parameter to the lfo, i used the learn function to assign to a mod but it isn't modulating anything. Also where is the glide settings for legato style?
Forgot to turn on the mod?

Glide is in the advanced settings (super big button in the bottom window area) :-)

elassi wrote:Must love the FX section... :phones:

OSC as carrier of the Vocoder, its octaves being switched thru (from +3 to -3 starting a 0.08min)

https://soundcloud.com/mptest/fx-vocoder
Nice!!!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

CableChannel: well, different filters really do different things in different situations. Passing through a noise may not give you what you want. And don't even think about the polymorphic filters... ;)

Now folks, I'm going to create a little video tutorial, so that it's easier for you to understand the synth and make presets, so please be patient :).
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:
Now folks, I'm going to create a little video tutorial, so that it's easier for you to understand the synth and make presets, so please be patient :).
Okay... Now things are getting interesting. Thanks for doing a tutorial!! :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

MeldaProduction wrote:CableChannel: well, different filters really do different things in different situations. Passing through a noise may not give you what you want. And don't even think about the polymorphic filters... ;)
Hm.. you mean you cannot even tell what the filter is doing? A little more documentation would really be good here. What do you mean by it is doing different things in different situations? Is it's response dependent on the input level or input frequency distribution?

I am talking about response curves like these:

Everybody knows how a BP / LP / HP looks and what they do, and afaik these are static in their behaviour, they always do the same thing: cutting the highs/lows or both. It would be useful to have a similar guidline for the other filter types.

CableChannel wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:Spending more time with it and keep getting more impressed. Loving switching through the filter presets, adds a totally different sound. Quick question though and sorry if this was mentioned, but how do i modulate a parameter to the lfo, i used the learn function to assign to a mod but it isn't modulating anything. Also where is the glide settings for legato style?
Forgot to turn on the mod?

Glide is in the advanced settings (super big button in the bottom window area) :-)
yes :lol: everything is ship shape now, thanks :hihi:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”