What are these two sounds, and can you get them?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I started a new thread because I think the topic needs a different and fresh approach.

I play electric guitar, and am looking for a sound that is somewhat like a very sculpted high gain guitar amp sound, but much smoother even. I have a hex pick-up set-up to trigger sounds. I don't have much experience with sound generation, and I'm not interested in messing about with it. Any freely given effort will be greatly appreciated, though I'm also open to paying for it.

The bass tone (rrrrrnnnn) in the first part, and the tenor tone (ennnnnnnn) in the second part are what I'm interested in.

https://soundcloud.com/neshel/rrrrrrrrrrrr
Last edited by neshel on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

oops, double post

neshel wrote:I don't have much experience with sound generation, and I'm not interested in messing about with it.
Well, there's your first problem.

Sounds, tones, noises like these require fiddling & messing about...that's how you get them!!

Where did you get these sounds from. You know they were made with a guitar? There's def some kind of harmonizer/vowel effect there, almost like a Tibetan singing bowl, then of course some sort of overdrive/distortion to get the grittiness.

Apart from that, I'm not too sure...I could make it on a synth, but not a guitar!
Sound Engineer / Musician / Producer......but I'm always learning.

Why the extra post? You've asked exactly the same questions in the other post about the same sound.

These are effected samples anyway.

re-
Last edited by neshel on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

soul_junkie wrote:
Sounds, tones, noises like these require fiddling & messing about...that's how you get them!!
And all the better for those who do and have, to. I know what I want. You folks know how to get it.

tehlord wrote:Why the extra post? You've asked exactly the same questions in the other post about the same sound.

These are effected samples anyway.
As I explained, a fresh start (background, intention, and new title, as the title cannot be changed once made) were needed.

Now, effected samples. Fine. Can you get/make them?

These are not mere single sounds.

In the first, there is two different pads playing, one detuned from the first, which fades in and then back out - they could be bowed contrabass with some effects - there is also some . In the second it sounds like again a bowed contrabass but at a higher note, with a Tuvan throat singer sample at either a 4th or 5th above the contrabass, some tape wobble effect, etc.

'Can you get them?' is trying to simplify things too much - you already 'got them' from somewhere. If you are asking someone to construct them from the ground up, that's a different question and soul_junkie's point is well taken.

neshel wrote:
soul_junkie wrote:
And all the better for those who do and have, to. I know what I want. You folks know how to get it.
Where is our incentive then? You're being rather demanding and closed off to what this community stands for.

rockstar_not wrote:These are not mere single sounds.

In the first, there is two different pads playing, one detuned from the first, which fades in and then back out - they could be bowed contrabass with some effects - there is also some . In the second it sounds like again a bowed contrabass but at a higher note, with a Tuvan throat singer sample at either a 4th or 5th above the contrabass, some tape wobble effect, etc.

'Can you get them?' is trying to simplify things too much - you already 'got them' from somewhere. If you are asking someone to construct them from the ground up, that's a different question and soul_junkie's point is well taken.
I think I was very specific about which timbres my interest is in. Just those. All else are irrelevant. I got them from a youtube video. The tones were generated by software responding to vocal input. It would seem that one would have to dissemble the program to find out how it does that, why, etc. That's far beyond my interest.

arkmabat wrote:
neshel wrote:
Where is our incentive then? You're being rather demanding and closed off to what this community stands for.
I haven't said, 'do this or else', or some other such nonsense. I've only said, 'this is what I want, can you do it?, and if so will you?'

My incentive in aiding someone is to create/facilitate order. Hence, when I impart things to others, it is in top-down fashion, with the intent of developing the maximum comprehension with the least amount of effort for both parties. For those who don't wish to know the mechanics of a thing, I say, in severe specifics rather than general suggestion, 'do this and that, and this will happen/you'll get that'.

I also mentioned I would pay for it. (I did wonder whether that mightn be taboo, though no one has said so, so I'm guessing not likely.)

Eh? Bueller??

I can make those sounds. What will you be playing them with? A synthesizer? A sample player? Do you want to be able to play them chromatically? Your end goal is not very clear. I also have no interest in doing this for free so make an offer.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Sound Design”