Delta Blues Q's and Requests

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love this instrument! I've had this for a few months now, and it's hard to move on to other Kontakt instruments, I have so much fun with it.

However, it isn't geared very well for live play. In the next version, if there is one, I would love to have an interface where I can more easily turn on/off the mutes and slides, and switch between sliding up and down, similar to the ease in which I can turn on/off the 12-string and amp.

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the mutes and slides, i.e., how hard I have to hit the key to get the effect?

Can I map these functions to switches and sliders on my MIDI keyboard?

On the keyboard window, there is one key that shows up as pink, indicating it has a function. What is that function?

I would also like the range extended at the high end to match that of a real acoustic guitar, and extended down to D to emulate a guitar with Drop D, Open D or DADGAD tuning. Sure, I can tune it down, but it sounds different, and I have to mentally transpose.

Keep up the great work!

I'm sorry for the delay in replying; hopefully the forum is now set to notify me of new posts.

Thank-you for the kind comments!

The grid on the left side of Delta's interface allows you to determine exactly how the slides, mutes, etc., react to velocity. Just click and drag the Hi Vel/Lo Vel (high key velocity limit and low key velocity limit) numbers to change them. You can also use key switches to change articulations live between sustains, mutes, slides and so on. For instance, in the display you can see that slow slides (Sld Up Slow) are set to A#0. This means that if you hold down a A#0, any note you play in the normal playing will play the slow slides. Release the A#0, and everything plays normally. You can change the key switch assignments by clicking and dragging also.

You can save your own setups by simply re-saving the instrument. Just change the name to something like, "Delta Blues my setup", or whatever.

You can stretch the low E to cover down to C1 in Kontakt's mapping editor. If you don't know how to do this, just send me an email, and I'll send you a tweaked version.

The pink note is a mystery, tbh. It's not in the script, and there are no notes assigned to that key. I can script it out, though, and will do so when there is an update.

Thank you, T Collins. That's all very helpful. No problem about any delay in response. As you can see, I'm not always the quickest to respond, either.

When you say stretch E down to C1, do you mean by using the tuning dial? Hm, I haven't explored the mapping editor. I'll pull up the manual.

Thanks again!

Not meaning to hijack the thread (but don't want to start a new one either) - just to let everyone know my spouse gave me this instrument for Christmas and I love it! Played it for hours today. Definitely will be added quickly to my compositions.

:clap: :love: :clap:

tcollins wrote:The grid on the left side of Delta's interface allows you to determine exactly how the slides, mutes, etc., react to velocity. Just click and drag the Hi Vel/Lo Vel (high key velocity limit and low key velocity limit) numbers to change them.
Can you explain what Hi Vel and Lo Vel do, and how they affect the effect?

BBFG, Delta Blues is a sweet, addicting instrument, isn't it!

TN Caver wrote:BBFG, Delta Blues is a sweet, addicting instrument, isn't it!
:tu:

Return to “Indiginus”