[Bazille] FR: Quick connect for Oscilloscope

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to get a "quick connect" for the oscilloscope (s. image)?

This way one could check the curve/form of a modulation without using the OUT(n) connections and by this needing to disable the normal connection for this purpose. Furthermore those "OUT"-connections are always influenced by the volume-envelope which leads to incorrect results. For example try to display a LFO with a straight square-wave. It's not possible. Well, at least if I haven't overlooked something...

Edit: Of course this connection should override/switch the normal wave off to prevent from confusion.

Last edited by elassi on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

I agree completely. I was surprised this was not the case - I expected a more modular appropriate oscilloscope equivalent to the ones available in eurorack (which are frequently used to observe control voltages while still able to hear your patch)

edit: Not to be overly critical. I love bazille so far and that's coming from someone who has a eurorack modular... Between z2, ACE, Bazille, and Aalto I am seriously wondering if I actually need hardware anymore. I think some little workflow things (like this little oscilloscope issue) are the main way forward at the moment, the sound is already brilliant. I do wish Aalto had a bit more competition on the "buchla-esque" front though (maybe zebra or bazille could get an LPG? As is Aalto is the most 'music easel' type plugin available... Zebra 3 or bazille with a nice vactrol sounding filter/amp combo option and its sequencing madness has potential to pull off the 200e stuff...)

The good old VAZ has it too and it's real great tool...

Example: TempoLFO (upper display) modulates the waveshape of LFO1 (lower display).

Btw, edited the first post. Alway confuse "irritating" with "confusing". Sorry folks. :oops:

I'd also like to add that a patchable oscilloscope would also be awesome for ACE (and frankly all the other u-he synths too, though I can't picture off the top of my head how it would work in the non-modulars)

MitchK1989 wrote:I'd also like to add that a patchable oscilloscope would also be awesome for ACE (and frankly all the other u-he synths too, though I can't picture off the top of my head how it would work in the non-modulars)
You could make it a routing destination.

Return to “u-he”